THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@aprilc and @NoraJ, no jumping jacks in my forecast at six weeks but it's my mental benchmark since it will be my first visit with OS since surgery. I guess I'm expecting to be released and be able to go back to our coast home. While that prospect makes me overjoyed, I want to be "ready" to go and face the new environment there vs my protected and safe little rehab home where I am now.

I know my incision must be healed before I can get in a pool but that may be my preferred PT once I get home. There are not many places on the coast that offer the type of facility/assistance that I may need so I may end up educating myself on PT protocol in the pool and designing my own schedule. I don't know. Something to work on. Our regular gym has all the equipment but no pool. So...

I can tell you one thing, though. My PT and getting my hip the exercise it needs to work normally is and will continue to be my priority. Without question, it is the key to my being able to do everything else in life

BTW, another full night 's sleep with zero pain. I'm sleeping about half the night on my non op side and the other half on my back. Cool air helps!

One of my sisters just dropped off hot Krispy Kreme donuts to have with my morning coffee....wish I could share..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was given the okay to drive and basically do everything other than impact (running) and quick sharp twisting motions (such as a golf swing) at 13 days, so I'm not expecting any magic at 6 weeks. I am at 4 weeks, and so far walking is the most visible indicator that I am NOT back to normal. Honestly I don't really feel like I have progressed that much in the last week, but I am probably impatient. I do have an 8-week follow-up in September, where they will take x-rays and ensure that the bone has grown into the implant as it should, and then 3 months is the point where I was told I should be completely healed and able to do pretty much anything I want (running!!). I agree with @Hoppy Nanny that I hope you are not expecting to be "back to normal" at 6 weeks. But it sounds like you are doing very well @beachgal !
 
I know my incision must be healed before I can get in a pool but that may be my preferred PT once I get home.

Just a note - I was told a pool was fine at my post-op visit (13 days) but the ocean was too germy until the incision was healed.
 
I drove my car back and forth in our driveway today!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so naughty!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
OMG!! I was fifteen again, sneaking the parent's car out for a late-night cruise!! Hahaha. It was WICKED!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The two things hubby forbade me from doing or trying while he's away this week

1. No laundry

2. No driving

I'm two for two. Heehee


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Three for three.

Showered alone with zero supervision this morning. Heaven.

I'm in SO much trouble!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wish I could tell you that hubby will be furious, upset, angry, etc. The one thing he WON'T be is surprised!!!

Housekeeper here getting the place all spruced up for hubby and dog's return tomorrow. I'm doing more laundry. Hope to have some time to play this weekend now that I can get around a bit more. No chores to do!

I can't think of anything else forbidden to try....still looking around for mischief.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You & I are alike Beachgal, I always have to be the rebel, pushing things just a bit. For now I will just watch your antics and keeps my fingers crossed you don't push too far but I'll wait to sneak out just a little longer :)
 
Days 19 & 20. Quite a busy two days with PT, my shenanigans, and getting some light housekeeping done around here. I'm still sleeping well but my mind is starting to revert back to office projects which is the real indicator that I'm doing well. Two weeks ago, I didn't care if I ever saw another client. I've spent some time updating some of them on my status and filling up my limited time slots for meetings in latter September. I'm blessed that they are patient and know I'm a pistol so very tolerant and amused to see me in this predicament.

Hubby and dog headed back my way until Monday. He doesn't sleep well when we're apart so I'm sure he will be the one napping and sleeping late once he relaxes with his family together again. He's so dear.

Yes, I did laundry. With my reacher to empty the washer. I broke no restrictions.

Yes, I drove my car. Up and down the driveway. Not around the block. Saving that for hubby to experience with me.

Yes, I showered unsupervised. It was heaven. Don't mind company in the shower but sometimes it's nice not to share.

I'm as happy as I can be at this point in recovery. I'm no poster child for THR but I'm not the failure some expected. I'm the steady drop of water on the rock. Constant. Predictable. Determined. Relentless. I won't quit!!

I'd do it all 1000 times again to be rid of that horrid pain. It's truly a miracle and I'm so blessed to be given this chance. The biggest blessing in all of this scenario, though, are the amazing peeps I've "met" here at the BS forum. You make me succeed. You keep me focused. You make me try harder and back off when necessary. You keep me in touch with my body and what it needs. You're the power !!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I'm just catching up on your thread. You sound great! It's wonderful that you were sleeping through the night so soon- that took me a lot longer. I also love the pic of Banjo- reminds me of my first two goldens when they turned grey. My Molly used to dive into Mobile Bay (we lived in Alabama) and swim underwater to catch hermit crabs. She was amazing! Rex (avatar) is starting to turn grey at age 5. Goldens are such good recovery-mates. Anyway, enough rambling. Glad to hear you're feeling adventurous and I agree about what a blessing this surgery was!
 
We're all in this together! Hubby has finally realized how important my visiting this forum has become to my recovery, my mental health, my assessment of progress and what to expect. He knows he doesn't have the answers and just gets overloaded with it all at a certain point. Thank God for all who post here. We are a hip family.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom