THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for starting new thread but I need quick reply if possible!

I'm three weeks post op today. Is there any reason from THR perspective that I shouldn't get my very hairy legs waxed?

I want to be safe but would love to have smooth legs again for a while.

Any thoughts??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Don't know about waxing. You might need help doing it? I've never waxed my legs so don't know what is involved. Seems like the bending and twisting might be difficult at 3 weeks out. I invested in an electric razor before surgery because I knew I would not be able to stand on one leg in the shower for some time. Could you consider an electric razor?
 
Ok. Talked to my PT gal. She said waxing is fine. I have an appt at salon this afternoon. They can accommodate my restrictions and are experienced with such. She said once waxed, legs should be good for at least a month. Yippee!!

If I were really daring, I'd drive myself.
No, not doing that but tempted.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I haven't shaved my legs since I broke my knee ~ 5 months!!! My girls were going to help me for wedding until my hip got in the way so I was very happy to have a long dress planned! I swear I can feel the hair flapping in the breeze! I think Nair will wind up being my choice, outside, with a hose. lol
 
If you are having this waxing done for you it should not be a problem. But doing it yourself would involve bending and twisting - not a good idea.

My trick was a disposable razor and a plastic ruler. I used duct tape and it worked perfectly!
 
@muckingabout, I think the sexy part is marginal although it will be better than the pioneer woman look I'm sporting now. A bit of suntanning would also help but that's not in the cards right now.

@Carriemay60, I had thought about Nair and that may have been what I would have opted for but I think this is going to kill two birds with one stone. Legs waxed and get me out of the house for a bit.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. As with everything else I try these days, a sense of humor helps!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, @Jaycey, going to a salon. I couldn't do it myself, I know. I'll use the ruler / razor method when I don't have so much hair to harvest!! It's been a month today since I've shaved! Ugh. Don't tell anyone. I look very bohemian. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I was afraid of nair,because I was concerned that between the meds, and the trauma of surgery, I might be more sensitive to the chemicals.


My skin is too sensitive for wax. I had my eyebrows waxed a few years ago and I was red and swollen for days. One of my current issues (warning for the squeamish)...



I have large swaths of scabs, etc around my incision where my skin came off with the adhesive tape. It seems to be healing nicely, but I have this perfect clean incision surrounded with all these angry scabs.
 
@ PuppyLove, thanks for the post. I'm doing well and so grateful for every uneventful day that passes.

You lived in Mobile?? I lived there back in the late 70s and had more fun ! Great city! We adore the Eastern Shore, Fairhope and Point Clear. Our dog sitter lives in Daphne and we often scoot over for the day, grab her and have lunch at Mary Ann's! Dog-friendly, al fresco dining, beautiful scenery....have you got the mental image??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

I merged your threads as per this request One thread for your recovery please?
Please don't keep starting new threads about your recovery.

The reasons for this are that it
1. makes it easier for guests to read the continuous story of a member's recovery - the most important reason
2. avoids people duplicating and repeating things like links to articles
3. helps us to refresh on what you've had done and when, plus what advice was given previously
5. keeps all advice previously given on hand for the poster
6. makes it unnecessary for the member to keep repeating surgery details
7. just makes it easier for everyone all round!

Thank you very much!
 
@beachgal. Funny when I posted a comment about 'well said' it made more sense when it was below a post about your surgery experience and attitude. Now it seems to be near the conversation about waxing and shaving legs. Being a guy, I will bow out of this for a bit. I hope you solve this problem to your liking. It is amusing though and I expect very helpful to much of the population
 
Well, struck out on the leg waxing. After having both legs in compression stockings for most of three weeks, my legs are dry and a bit flaky. The gal at the salon wants me to lather them up with shea butter lotion a couple of times a day to restore the moisture these stockings are zapping from them. I'll try again one day next week.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Up side. Hubby just walked in and smiled when I handed him the lotion. Hahaha


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 21. Three weeks. Just no words to describe how happy I am for each day that passes from THR surgery. When I think of how far I've come in these short weeks, I'm mostly amazed at how our bodies really DO want to be whole and try to repair itself. I love thinking of Josephine's energy drain chart and how much of my being is focused on my left hip.

Hubby and dog arrived early afternoon and it's a sunny and spectacularly beautiful day here. He was surprised when he drove up and saw our garbage can at the street. When he asked me how it got out there, I asked him if he was surprised that I rolled it to the street or that I remembered it was garbage day!

It may not sound like much but I put together a large bowl of tuna salad. His favorite. I hadn't planned to do it but spotted the eggs in the fridge and found the other ingredients handy so it seemed like a nice treat for him. He loves it in a wrap and I have the tortillas, too, so we may have lunch on our patio tomorrow. Another normal.

True to form, hubby and dog are napping. Nice to see him relax and rest, not being worried about me. I'm polishing my nails after posting this update and signing off for the evening . We'll take a walk around our block and I can show him how far I've gotten while he was away.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom