Guest viewing is limited

Janet’s Journey, Part 2

@Layla

Called OS office, and turns out they were going to call me as I have a urinary tract infection, which I didn’t know. Jeez!!!! PA called in antibiotics and said I’ll be all healed and healthy for surgery.

Talked to OS regarding pain med issues, he was so understanding. I’m used to being stigmatized for addiction issues and afraid to be honest. OS calmed my fears, assured me we will face this issue in cooperation with each other and said all I need to do is get healthy. So relieved I’m crying like a river. I think a meltdown was necessary eventually.

@MammaT

I’m closely following your progress. I’m not going to rush this recovery, whatever it takes. What PT are you thinking of doing at outpatient? Rest up and feel better.
 
Another thing OS said was patients aren’t embarrassed about high blood pressure or blood clots. Addiction is another medical condition we just have to deal with. I told him about an ER dr I saw months ago who treated me terribly as soon as I told him I had issues. The ER dr laughed at me in pain saying he would have too much paperwork to fill out if he gave me any meds. It was horrifying. I hope OS realizes he’s in the dr minority by understanding this issue.

Thanks everyone for making me feel safe and secure to share these feelings. Means the world to me.
 
Aww, Janet.....wish I could give you a hug, so here's the best I can do :console2:
You are safe here and you're not alone. I'm happy you realize and understand that.
We're not here to judge you. We're here to offer support and encouragement.

I'm sorry you're dealing with a UTI along with the miserable cold.
We need to put you in a bubble for the next 13 days so you don't catch anything else that's going around.
You're at your quota, woman! :heehee: It's great to hear you have such an understanding OS.

I hope you're able to get lots of rest and start feeling better soon.
A peaceful evening to you!
@newhip126
 
So glad you have an os who is willing to work with you on pain issues. He is right, you have another medical condition @newhip126.

Meltdowns serve their purpose and they can easily happen when we have uti. I was surprised I didn’t have one. Am closely monitoring to make sure cath didn’t kick one in for me.

Going to talk to doc about future pt plan. I know he likes some outpatient but I’m not certain I need some of the machine work they had me do last time. Will keep you posted.

Hang tough, you’re going to make it through this.
 
How awful @newhip126 !! I am so sorry you have had that experience with the ER doc. :tantrum2:People here really do care about you and your journey to life with your new hip. :happyfeet:Today I was happy to read that others with a similar date were also similar in their path to be healed. Yes, we each have our own journeys, but it is nice knowing you are sharing many of the same experiences with others. :wave:
 
@AgilityDog

It is nice not feeling alone through this journey. It’s been a rough couple days, I can only hope it gets better.
 
Only a few more weeks and you will be on your way to double hippy city. :dancy:
Hugs Janet.
This too shall pass.
 
@Layla @MammaT @Mojo333

Good morning!!:flwrysmile: Woke up this morning feeling so much better. Cold is easing up, started antibiotics, got some sleep, my drs are working together with me.....it’s gonna be a good day!

Thank you for all your encouragement and hugs and caring.
 
Wonderful news!
So happy to hear it you're feeling better, Janet.
Hope your Tuesday is great!
Thanks for the appreciation, very kind of you...
@newhip126
 
Happy to hear cold is easing up @newhip126. Every time I get one I am amazed at how miserable they truly are. Rest up so you are ready for your big day.
 
Great news. Stay well girl.
You've got this thing coming up, you know.
Hope you have a restful evening.:) :-) (:
 
Hi Everyone,

Feeling much better, cough is hanging on. Going to see doctor who will watch over and adjust my pain meds as needed. I decided to involve a specialist as I learned due to my addiction issues small amounts of oxycodone may not work. OS and I agreed specialist would better serve me than his blanket, regular dosing could. Fingers crossed specialist knows what dosage would best suit my needs, with my input.
 
Best of luck to you. Doing it all the right way....I'll be very happy for you to have this done.
You've come a long way baby.
 
I have a super smart son in recovery and our facility hosts an NA meeting.
I've had the pleasure of seeing those with addiction issues make it through many challenges including surgery where meds have to be involved.
Seem many lives changed, and many lost.
You already know about hip replacement so you must be super excited that you will truly be getting your life back for good.
I'm rooting for you!
 
I admire the way you're handling this, Janet. It's inspiring!
You can do this, you will get through this with flying colors, I'll bet on it.
Thank for your openness and honesty, thanks for your trust. It means a lot.
We're here with you for the entire ride....know that.
Big hugs and wishes for a great day!
@newhip126
 
@Mojo333

A great number of addicts are very intelligent. If I could have thought my way out of addiction, it would be done. The very simple “don’t take anything” becomes a complicated dance in our minds. I’m very excited to prove to myself that I can be responsible with medication. Setting myself up for success is the beginning. Your support is wonderful, I cannot thank you enough.

@Layla

I love flying colors - bring on the purples, blues, golds.... talking about these issues before will hopefully make it easier for me to reach out if I’m in trouble after. I’m so excited my surgery is almost here. Just gotta stay healthy. Have an amazing day!!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom