Janet’s Journey, Part 2

Hello Everyone,

Met with doctor to discuss pain management after surgery. I was so worried they’d skimp on meds for me, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I’m almost afraid they’ll give me too much!!

I’ll get a PCA after surgery for however long necessary, they’ll then transition me to a long acting opiate such as morphine 2 x a day and bolster that with 10-20 mg oxycodone every 3 hours. They’ll send me home on morphine and oxycodone and monitor me weekly to adjust medications up or down. My boyfriend will have physical control of my meds and make sure I’m on schedule.

I’ve got to be very careful and very honest about my pain levels. They also prescribed me Narcan to keep on hand just in case.

I feel every base has been covered, and I’m so glad all of my team is on the same page. I am a lucky woman to have all these incredible doctors and my boyfriend caring for and about me. All I’ve got to do is stay healthy.
 
Yay. You need to have pain managed to heal properly, I think.
I know you will be honest and anxious...but you'll do great.
Let's get this done...one day at a time.
 
Sounds like a good plan! I was so upset for you when I read what the ER doc had said. I've had medical professionals say terrible things, so I kind of know how it feels.

Looking forward to following your recovery! You've got a great team and life lessons to keep you on the healing path.
 
Hi Janet,
Wondering how you're doing and if the cough is still hanging on?
Just think, one week from tonight you'll be in recovery and the healing will begin.
You sound fully prepared and I'm sure you'll do well.
Remember...we're here to encourage you along the way. Please stay in touch.
Wishing you a peaceful week!
@newhip126
 
Yay for upcoming life changing restorative surgery.
Hope nerves are in check and you are ready for the journey back to a pain free life.
:hi:
 
@Layla @Mojo333

I’m doing good. Very very slight cough, not even enough to mention. Off naproxen so aches and pains still there but I’m managing. Just reading others journeys and waiting for next Monday. Thank you for checking in me. I’m stable and waiting my turn. Happy days ahead.
 
Hi Everyone,

Getting close to surgery, less than a week away. I’m so ready for this. Tomorrow I start doing the nasal medication and special cleanse in the shower and keep doing it until day of surgery. Sunday I carbo load, having spaghetti, meatballs and chicken in the sauce. Any other ideas for carbs? I have to admit I’m not sure exactly what carbs include. Monday I can drink Gatorade until 2 hours before arrival at hospital. Next thing is SURGERY. Yay!!! Pain almost gone. I’m feeling every ache and pain right now. Thighs, stomach muscles, knees, hip, just everywhere. Have a great day!
 
I’m stable and waiting my turn
:dubious: That should be the standard answer for everyone in our position pre-op:) :-) (:
I wish I had used that phrase...don't know why I find that makes me smile so big.
Hope you have a great rest of the week as you wait for double hippydom.:wave:
 
@newhip126
Won't be long now!
Baked sweet potato - good for you carb.
Haven't heard of Gatorade ok that close to surgery. But I was reminded today at
my preop testing to make sure I was well hydrated for the couple days up to surgery.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
 
Hope your weekend is relaxing and you aren't overly anxious.
Last Hip...by summer you will be double hippy Happy. Thinking of you.:loveshwr:
 
Hi Janet,
Thinking of you. Hope you're feeling peaceful.
You know we're here rooting for you!
Wishing you a great weekend.
@newhip126
 
So , are you ready to rock and roll?
You've got a lot of support waiting for you Monday.
Double hippy Janet, new and improved...coming right up.
Do something fun this weekend!
 
Hi,

Monday is almost here!!! Yay. :bow: Praying I don’t get sick again and thank goodness for great friends on here. I’ll be doing a jig before I know it.

I am helping a friend clean out her apartment this weekend. I’m gonna hurt anyway, better to be productive than sit on my butt whining. It’ll make time go by faster too. Cleaning kitchen and running sweeper and getting caught up on laundry. Bf doesn’t do laundry often enough for me, so I’ll get it all done. Clean sheets and quilt are ready for duty!!

I report to surgical services at 8:30 am Monday morning. I can drink Gatorade until 6:30 am that day. Surgery is at 11:00 am. I’m so ready for this to be done. I cannot thank you all enough for keeping my mind occupied these last weeks. I’ll check in tomorrow am then see you all on the other side!! Woohoo!!

@Layla @Mojo333 @AgilityDog
 
Janet, you sound wonderful! A strength that's admirable.
Resigned and ready to roll! We're here and will continue to be here for you.
We'll be your biggest cheering squad. I'm excited for you to begin your new life.
I hope your day is great! :loveshwr: :friends:
@newhip126
 
You've got this, girl. Wear out that stupid hip...that's what I did the weekend before my Monday surgery.
 
Oh and a new pic! Lovely! You are set girl!!
How are you helping girlfriends?!? She better be at your doorstep with a casserole or two, ready to run the vacuum when you are postop!
Good for you though keeping busy getting ready.
 
Back
Top Bottom