Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Hope all is well with you my friend.
Hope you are improving and feeling some holiday cheer.
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hey Izabel,
Christmas time again! Hopefully you’re doing well. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas and I’m wishing you all things good in the New Year!
Sending a warm holiday hug. :friends::merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
@Izabel
 
I have popped on here to send wishes to my special friends ... and was pleasantly greeted by the beautiful Layla and sweet clodaghcov. xx

I have been negligent in visiting but have no genuine excuse! Slap hands Izzy!

I have been well since I last communicated but I am still not there yet. I still use a cane (and sometimes walker) but I daily practice walking unaided in places where I can grab something if needed. I have I guess what is a Trendelenberg Gait and the weakness is on my right side not the left! Therefore I have added muscle strengthening exercises on that side. I do have a genuine 1-2cm shortness on my left leg but don't think that is a problem. I still static cycle 3-4 times a week. All in all, my hip is perfect but I still have a tightness with my knee.

I also have had a constant hissing in my ears which may be affecting my balance so I had an appointment with an ENT Specialist last Friday the 18th but this has been changed to January 9th.

Other than all that life is sweet and fortunately Algarve is not affected as badly with the Virus as the Central and Northern Regions. Christmas is okay here but New Year has been cancelled but does not affect me, Hubby and our furries.

I will come back to visit after my ENT appointment. I don't plan to see my Surgeon till March for X-Rays and Bloods.

Take care, be safe and have a blessed Holiday Season.

Virtual hugs and kisses to all.

Izzy xx

Feliz Natal e Bon Ano Novo.jpg
 
Hey, Don't forget me:banana-santa:

Merry Christmas Izzy.:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
@Izabel good to hear from you! Lets hope 2021 is a better year for everyone. Stay safe and well!
 
Such a pretty picture and so nice to hear from you, Izzy.
It’s wonderful to read you’re doing well. I hope the exercises help strengthen your muscles allowing you to feel steadier on your feet.

I can’t imagine dealing with that constant hissing. So sorry you have to experience that, it has to be annoying. Hopefully the ENT specialist will be able to resolve the issue quickly. Please do let us know how it goes on the 9th.

Hugs and wishes for a beautiful happy Christmas.
@Izabel

christmas-angel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine ... albeit belated.

I delayed writing till my appointment with the ENT which was Saturday past, the 9th.

He was a pleasant gentleman. As he is part of the private hospital where I had my knee and hip ops and viruses, he had everything up on the screen. It is unknown but my unbalance situation can be as a result of antibiotics which, as we know, I was on for many months. Any old how, he looked in my ears then sent me to the Audiologist (next door) who ran a series of tests then I went back to the doctor.

I have been prescribed two medications to take daily for 60n days, one for blood flow to the ears and the other for blood flow through the brain. He says I should stop having the noise issue and balance issues by then. So ... :fingersx:

Other than that all is well ... I am just frustrated that things are taking so long ... but I still have faith I will get there hopefully for the Spring so I can get out in my garden again to potter.

The weather has been unusually cold here but at the moment we are at our high for today of 12c with blue skies and sunshine.

I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe in these difficult times so wishing you health and happiness.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine


Izzy xx
 
:loveshwr:good to hear from you, Izzy
 
Dear Izabel,
Love hearing from you! Your sweet little pics always bring a smile to my face.
Thanks for updating us on your life, Izzy. I hope the meds you were prescribed bring relief from the annoying noise in your ears as well as increased stability on your feet.

I had to look up the conversion of Celsius to Fahrenheit. You’re temp of 12C would feel,like heaven to me about now. As I type this we‘re at 29F / -2C. Ridiculous...I know!
Oh well, Spring and brighter days are just around the corner. Stay safe, well and keep us posted. Until next time:friends::loveshwr:
@Izabel
 
Stopping by to see how you are. 9B31B436-A6FE-4EFF-BE75-7C3B3EA2C9FA.jpeg
My knees and shoulder have been doing very well, so of course, my feet have decided it's their turn for attention.
Blessedly warm here now, so I can get in the pool most days. Am fully vaccinated, but doublemasking in grocery stores.
Spring inspires gardeners, yes? I hope you are able to be out walking in yours.
 
@Izabel Haven't seen you post for a while, I do hope all is ok. We still haven't met up for our coffee yet :wave: keep in touch xxx
Hello.jpeg Sara, Marie and all my sweet friends. xx
I have no excuse for not keeping in touch, so slap hands for me!

I have not progressed much since I last communicated. The medications did not help me. I saw my gorgeous Surgeon the end of March. X-rays showed both knee and hip are lined up but my bone has not re-modelled fully yet so I go back next March. He sent me to a Phycologist for my balance issues but I quit after three sessions. He also sent me for 12 one-hour physio sessions to help strengthen my thighs and balance. My legs are strong but my balance is not. I have a Trendelberg gait which I am trying to control. I still use my walker and/or Phoenix for safety. I will NOT give in to this!

I have enjoyed being able to spend several hours a day in my beautiful garden, mostly admiring but doing a little dead heading. I have started collecting Hibiscus rosa-sinensis (Chinese Hibiscus) and have six in the ground and six in pots ... they stay outside year round here due to our beautiful climate.

My complaint is weight gain being unable to exercise properly. I have gone from 110lbs to138lbs, the weight when I married 53 years ago!

Portugal has done remarkably with the pandemic and I don't feel I have missed out on anything and am well and healthy, as I hope you all are.

Any old how, just popped by at Sara's prompting so will love you and leave you all for now.

Sending hugs and kisses to all ...
BettyBoop kisses.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
@Izabel Lovely to hear from you. So sorry you are still dealing with multiple issues. But sounds like you are getting out in your garden - that's a good sign.

It's a stressful time for everyone. Life has not been simple or necessarily fun in recent times. Hang in there my friend. BoneSmart members are tough. We will get through all this!
 
@Jaycey Thank you for your response. Had a lovely lunch out with friends today. It is quite warm and sunny at 28c.

Hugs Arms.jpeg
to my friends @Layla and @mojo333 ... I think of you both often.
1633535427976.png
Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Hey Izzy,
It is so nice to hear from you! Looking good on your photo, I like your new haircut!
It sounds like you’re enjoying life in the midst of all that is unsettling in our world these days. Great to hear it. I can image you sitting out enjoying lunch with friends in one of those idyllic settings I always envision you in. Sounds like fun.
Thanks for stopping by the forum. I hope you do so again soon!
Be safe and stay well. Big Hugs!:friends:
@Izabel
 
@Izabel! It was very, very nice to hear from you!
The gait problem, I hope, will improve perhaps with time as you continue your gentle walking with your Phoenix. Wonderful that you have stayed healthy during the pandemic, as have we, thanks to vaccines, boosters, double masks, physical distancing, and, imo, a president and vp who care about people. My knees and shoulder have continued to improve. My feet? Well, I am thankful I have a pool to continue water walking.
I hope you, your husband, and kitties enjoy Thanksgiving in honor of your time in the US.
09C0F26B-CF01-4E3E-88DA-5A3924F912F5.jpg
(image from WildBirdsUnlimited)
Warm Regards,
marieltha
PS I occasionally visit here, as it is always uplifting, especially when you stop by
 
Hey sweet, Izzy! I hope all is well in your life.
Sending love and a big hug. :loveshwr:
@Izabel
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom