• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
:happydance::dancy::happydance:
Great to hear of your progress and accomplishments.
Slow and steady progress is great - as long as you're taking steps in the right direction. Direction is so much more important than speed. I know many who are going nowhere fast.:yes:

Even more encouraging is the fact you are able to feed your spirit by being able to getting back to some independence and doing the things you love. Acts of charity, like your crocheted gifts, are so appreciated, I'm sure.:roseshwr:
Hope your day is Sweet, Izzy.

OP
OP
Izabel

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Dear Mojo, you are such a role model and ambassador for this priceless forum which I am proud to be a part of.

Being creative keeps the mind and hands occupied whilst physically inactive.

Just thought I would share a few of the items I donated ...

green cream crop top.jpg Multi color poncho.jpg yellow scarf 25 x 100.jpg green gray rose baby blanket 60 x 90.jpg yellow 165 x 115.jpg

I also made the Victorian screen they are hanging on, green on one side and a Jacobian print on the other side which we have in our lounge.

Hugs Arty.jpegIzzy xx

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Beautiful.
AND, you really made the screen too?
I am so Not Crafty.
The only thing I can make...is a mess!!!:giggle:
My family can always tell which Christmas presents are from me by the wrinkled paper or the patched swath added to the back.:) :-) (:

marieltha

graduate
Country
Thank you for visiting my knee thread and sharing. I am always enlightened and uplifted by your posts.
Your Calla Lily’s are beautiful!
Wishing you balance today
:kitty:

Last edited:

VSlowLife

post-grad
Country
I am so pleased I got Phoenix with her ergonomic arm support. I am beginning to feel part of the human race again....
What a wonderful feeling, and while you are healing you are being creative and contributing to others. You are an amazing, positive spirit, Izabel!

A real bright star on this forum.

Your crochet work is beautiful, and to think you give it away!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Izabel
Just catching up here. Wow...you're talented!
Hopefully you get as much enjoyment and relaxation out of creating your items as those who wear or use them do.
I hope you have a lovely week! :wave:

OP
OP
Izabel

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Hugs Arms.jpeg My dear @Layla ... I thought you were lost in the ethernet!
Thank You 1.jpegfor being there with your support which has been very much appreciated. I am getting to the end of the tunnel albeit slowly but better late than never. I am overjoyed that I can get up and have a little saunter often and I haven't used the walker in about 10 days only Phoenix and feel confident now with the individual house steps and walking on gravel/uneven ground ... but not over confident! I know my limitations.

I hope you are safe from the blizzards ... keep healthy and warm.
animated-hug-image-0128.gifIzzy xx

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Good morning Izzy! ❤ @Izabel

How are you doing? Hoping you are getting around well with your new crutch. Love your gardens. Hoping you can explore further now and enjoy different views. It’s been really cold here. I’m starting to think about April and the flowers I will plant. Just thinking about you sweet friend and sending xxxxxx Sarah

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Izabel
Thank you, we're doing well after the snow event we had. It's predicted we'll hover around the mid thirties (a little above freezing) for the next ten days which will be comfortable enough for us hearty Northerners who are acclimated to the January cold. I'll gladly take it as it will bring us to the beginning of February. We're finally on the downside and I'm also encouraged by the increasing daylight.

So good to read you're finding support through Phoenix alone, not needing the walker and feeling confident in navigating gravel, uneven ground and the steps within your home. It's all so very encouraging. I'm really happy for you, Izabel. Improvements still coming. :yes!:

Enjoy the remainder of the afternoon and evening.
Big hugs coming at you! :loveshwr: :friends:

OP
OP
Izabel

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello Kitten.jpegmy special friends.

Had a bit of a tummy bug this week so was keeping a low profile. Think Hubby picked it up at the dentist and I am so susceptible to such. Never get colds and the like but put a tummy bug or throat problem out there and I am front of the queue! :sad:

We have had some torrential rain which is good ... and good it came whilst I was "under the weather". Bad pun, I know. :nah: However, had a nice walk around the garden (it is small) in the sunshine a while ago which was nice. The Almond tree is blooming ...

Almond, Jacarandas & Iochroma.jpg

I am just sashaying along mainly concentrating on balance and thankful I am able to get about on two legs albeit not with grace or pomp and circumstance. :whistle: I have not progressed to household chores ... yet!

I hope everyone is keeping safe and will have a peaceful week. Sending hugs and love ...
Happy Weekend3.jpeg Izzy xx

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Your yard is so lush and green Izzy @Izabel Really draws me in. Sorry you have been sick. Our resistance sure gets down with all this surgery. I picked up a cold just from going to OS last week. Short lived, but makes me realize my defenses are down. So happy you are on two legs again. I have only taken back surface cleaning. Can run our broom vac, but upright vacuum is still too much with my cane. Guess we will enjoy being pampered a bit longer. Enjoy the sunshine. xxxx Sarah

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello and Happy Saturday!
I spy lovely blue skies. I'll bet you enjoyed that walk around your garden. An almond tree, how cool is that. I love almonds.

I'm sorry you had the tummy bug and hope it's completely gone. There is so
much going around this time of year. Everyone knows someone who's sick, if they're not sick themselves. Get well, and stay well, Izabel. :)
Enjoy the weekend in the sunshine! :SUNsmile:
@Izabel

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Good Morning Sunshine!!!:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
Hope today is a beautiful day in your neck of the woods.
It rained here all day yesterday so even though cold (in Georgia terms, under 60 degrees :)) I plan on getting Out Side today.
I hope your day is Sweet.

OP
OP
Izabel

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Good Morning Sunshine!!!:SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
... and the same to you too my Little Southern Belle, albeit now Sunday. xx

Today we are currently 58F going to 68F so a nice calm day ahead so I shall have a wander in the garden and may even sit out for a wee while and soak up a little natural Vitamin D. The Brugmansia tree is blooming again and the Hibiscus are budding ... that warms the cockles of my heart.

Take care and have a peaceful week.

Peace Earth.jpegIzzy xx

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
My favorite kind of weather @Izabel Lovely to hear from you. Hibiscus in bloom! Makes me happy. :froggies::froggies:

Hope your walk is sweet. I am hoping to start venturing out Monday. Feeling much improved. It’s gusty here this morning and wet. Sending xxxxx and wishes for continued healing Izzy. ❤

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Your weather sounds beautiful, Izabel. :SUNsmile: Makes me yearn for Spring. We're a whopping 45F today which is pretty nice for February 2nd but heading back down to a high of only 18F on Tuesday. Sadly, it's not going to be over for awhile but I can dream of sunny days and Hibiscus through your updates.
I hope you made it outdoors for a walk in the sunshine. :)
Have a wonderful week!
@Izabel

OP
OP
Izabel

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
:wave:Layla.

I am sending some warmth and sunshine your way. I love this country as I have beautiful weather and can grow exotic plants I so enjoy all year round. Here are a couple of my Hibiscus for you ...

Hibiscus 5 Jul 11.JPG Hib New Bud 2.jpg

Hope you have a peaceful week my special friend.

Sunshine2.jpeg Izzy xx

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Aww, thank you sweet Izabel. I love the photos. Such beautiful color!
I will look at them when I'm feeling bogged down by cold and sepia toned views from my windows. Lots of white ground, white sky and bare brown trees. Lol. The sun was shining brightly yesterday after several days of....BLAH! It sure brightens the mood as well as the landscape. I loved it!!

Thanks for your sweet message. It was a nice post to read first thing today.
I hope you have a great week. Love and hugs to you. :loveshwr:
@Izabel

Top Bottom