Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Oh yes, although she's awful prissy so she could go with a more feminine name.
However I do think that Phoenix is appropriate...rising from the ashes.
To rise like a phoenix from the ashes - to emerge from a catastrophe stronger, smarter and more powerful.:) :-) (:
 
If it comes in...Just put it under the tree and tell hubby that Santa brought it.

Sadly it is coming out of Germany via DHL DeutschePost. Delivery date 30 December. Anyway our post goes to a box in a village post office 4 miles from us so Hubby goes. I told him and showed him and he said "Merry Christmas" ... cheek since I bought it or myself. He bought himself a new computer.:umm:

Normally I do my first wander of the morning with the walker ... today I used the one crutch. Think I have this step downpat but I still have 10 days to perfect my balance. Am still finding it difficult using my left hand and don't dare carry a hot drink yet, but there's a new year looming and more challenges to conquer.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
You are such a sweet spirit, Izabel and your fortitude is remarkable.
I'm sure you get discouraged but as you know, nothing is to be gained by staying mired in the Why Me's
I always love this time of year, when most folks are more charitable and grateful.
The American cartoonist Bill Keane says it best for me
"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Hope today is a gift for you.
 
Hope Phoenix arrives early and surprises you @Izabel Early on I used a mug with a lid to transport coffee to my work area. Maybe that would help you. I love my morning coffee, so it was a necessity those first days home. :heehee: Even figured out a cup holder for walker. It’s the little things.

:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: That long box is Phoenix. xxxx
 
Oh, Izabel, a black and flowered Phoenix to guide you as you prepare to take off like a Flamingo? How exquisite!

I thought of you this week as my floor peddler/exercycle arrived. Santa seems to be visiting early here as well.
Although I have not been enthralled with the cycle motion, gradually easing into it, with no resistance to start, seems okay. I checked your thread as I am following @Roy Gardiner ‘s guidance to use it for stretching and range of motion, not training, but wanted to see how far you were peddling these days.
Very impressive and inspirational, as always.
 
Oh, Izabel, a black and flowered Phoenix to guide you as you prepare to take off like a Flamingo? How exquisite!

Marie, you always express things so beautifully. I hope your peddler assists you. It was definitely my lifeline when I couldn't walk to get exercise.

Very impressive and inspirational, as always.

Not so today, I'm afraid! :cry: As I have mentioned, I have progressed to the static bike from the peddler. and have been doing 5kms every other day and doing well (ahead of my Christmas goalpost) of walking with one elbow crutch around the house conquering the individual steps.

We have been having storms and much-needed rain this past week and it has been giving my knees and hip some grief. Yesterday I struggled getting on and off the bike having to really lean to get my foot over the mechanism. I hobbled through the day and when I got into bed last evening (we go early and watch a couple of programmes) I sat on the bed, Took off my jeggings and sockettes and did my 5 stand to sits I do every bedtime. About an hour later my left butt cheek hurt, then became an intolerable nuisance and serious pain in the butt. I took a Volteran 25 and had the electric underblanket on. I was awake at 3am for a pee and took another painkiller but I could not get comfortable and could only settle on my back ... with one cat on my legs!!! I woke at 7.20am thankfully in less pain and took a 1000mg effervescent Paracetamol.

At 9.30am I am still in bed but will get up when I finish this and will spend the day gently stretching and taking timed medication. I cannot believe this is happening to me as I am so overly cautious! Needless to say during my night time waking hours all sorts of horrors flooded my pea brain. Now I feel slightly lucid and assume it is Piriformis Syndrone. I feel like I am sitting on a tennis ball.

It is grey an breezy today so I shall continue crocheting a shawl ... another batch for the Cat Society in the making. They look after 40+ feral cats in Albufeira, feed and neuter them and assist those less fortunate in neutering theirs and assist with more serious medical treatment. They have a poor poppet with cancer they are trying to re-home at the moment.

The good news is Phoenix has made it to Portugal (via tracking) so maybe she will arrive Monday. :fingersx:

Well, I shall get on with my restful day and hope all are well and have a peaceful weekend.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Oh, the weather really affects me, too! Couldn’t live any place colder. Have done that.

but I could not get comfortable and could only settle on my back ... with one cat on my legs!!! I woke at 7.20am thankfully in less pain
Ah, more proof that the Nurse Cat’s laying on of the paws, and sometimes, the entire cat, has healing power!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Peeps

I am popping into today to ask for advice.

Mentioned above, I seem to have a Piriformis issue which is less than comfortable to say the least. I have read the link on here and also various ones on the net and am practising several stretches but I cannot do one which seems to be an effective one. That being crossing my left ankle over my right knee either lying down or sitting to stretch the hamstring. My hip just doesn't seem to want to bend that way. Strange because I can lie on my side and touch my bum with my heels!

Any advice or thoughts will be gratefully received with many thanks in advance.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
I don’t have any advice @Izabel Just sending love and prayers this pain goes as quickly as it came. :friends: xxxx ❤️
 
That being crossing my left ankle over my right knee either lying down or sitting to stretch the hamstring.
Your hip does not want to do this and I would strongly recommend you don't try this exercise. Crossing over the midline for any hippie is not recommended.

What worked for me was hamstring stretches from a seated position. Start very slowly and gently as your hamstrings may be very tight. As you become more limber you will be able to raise you leg straight out in front of you and then pull your toes toward your body. It's a great exercise for anyone with sciatic problem as well.
 
Last edited:
Thank you so much for responding Jaycey. I was surprised when this movement was mentioned here ...


I have been doing the hamstring exercises in your link and I do the sitting one frequently and things are easing up. The 'ball under my butt' is gone but I still have a tight back of thigh. I am sure I will get this under control with persistence. I am able to walk with one crutch again today with caution whereas the last few days were back to the walker. Gosh, if it is not one thing it is another!

Wishing you and your family a peaceful Holiday Season.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Have you tried using the much acclaimed tennis ball rolling that many have used on glute?
This might help.
I hope Phoenix makes her appearance today...
 
:wave:Mojo

The two tennis balls I have are on the back feet of the walker. Also, I haven't tried getting down on the floor yet and don't feel comfortable to do so, therefore I will continue with stretching.

I have had notification that Phoenix is at the Post Office. Hubby went there but said there was no notification in the box and that there were about 20 people in the queue (a one person PO). :cry: They are open tomorrow morning so he will go then. He did get his computer though so he's playing with it. :sigh:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
I've had the pain in the butt issue and on my left even after over 1 1/2 years it comes and goes at times. I felt it was piriformis and I could do the stretch with my legs crossed. I did mention something to my OS at my last visit for my right that he just did. He said it's not it as in posterior they release the piriformis, he felt it might be bursitis.
 
He said it's not it as in posterior they release the piriformis, he felt it might be bursitis.

Thank you so much for responding Eman. Interesting but I had anteriolateral. I am sure it happened when I got on/off the static bike using my left side (knee and hip replacements) and have to really oil my hip to get my foot over the closed pedal mechanism. I sure hope this is not a frequent occurrence! :fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Izzy,
I hope your recent pain issue resolves quickly, and that Phoenix is picked up for your holiday enjoyment.
Your orchid greeting to us in my thread is breathtaking and a good reminder to focus on the beauty in life (not these pesky body issues).
I wish you and your hubby a joy-filled Christmas as well. Managed to find something with Portuguese on it
—I think ! 1CB0F398-1D53-4DF2-9ABA-1A860D53173B.jpeg
Warm regards,
marieltha
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom