Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family @Izabel !! I bet your weather is gorgeous as usual today?
We have gusty cold winds here today. But it's all good.
'Here's a toast for continued improvements and mobility!
 
:thankyou: so much @CricketHip . We met our friends for lunch and had our turkey in mushroom sauce with rice and fresh seasonal veg. They did not have pumpkin pie but had sweet potato pie ... excellent! The guys went for a game of pool and Brenda and I sat in the sun with another glass of red wine. :SUNsmile: :cheers2:

My friends were pleasantly surprised to see me walk from the car pushing the wheelchair. :yes!: They have gone through all my traumas over the years ... true friends.

1574961150631.png


I hope you have had a relaxing day with family and/or friends. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
So happy to see you are out enjoying life @Izabel
Thst looks so calm & serene & sunny & warm!!
So glad you were able to share with your lovely friends Thanksgiving & your progress.

Sending love & hugs your way sweet Izzy... love Chrissie x:friends:
 
Sounds like you had a nice time and good meal while relaxing with friends last Thursday. Pretty sunny spot there!

I hope you had a peaceful weekend and are getting revved up for the mad dash to Christmas which is quickly approaching. Only three weeks until Christmas Eve and all I've done is decorate the house. Time to get some shopping done.
Have a great week. Big hugs to you!
@Izabel
 
Thank you Sweet Layla. xx

It is a lovely place out in the country. We have been going there for years. Because it is all level even from the parking area so it was easy for me to walk to the table with the wheelchair which I then sat in rather than the chair (my wheelchair has a thick cushion on it).

Hubby put up icicle lights for me over the weekend and a spiral table top white light tree on the front patio. We have a few more outdoor decorations. I bought a dozen Murano glass candies that I put gold thread on and will hang them on a shrub on the kitchen patio. We have always had Christmas alone, it is our 53rd this year and usually go out for a Chinese, Peking Duck and/or Chicken Chow Mein. As I have missed the last two Christmases, I am looking forward to this one. My goal is to walk up the individual steps at home with just an arm crutch! :fingersx:

We don't exchange presents and I don't cook so it will be a peaceful Chrismas,

I am doing okay. I am cycling 5kms (just over 3 miles) every other day on the static bike and have a little wander every hour. I am also doing some cooking and do something that goes for two days ... chicken pasta casserole, chilis, meat pies, etc. So life is easing back albeit slowly.

I trust you had a good Thanksgiving with family and that your weather is being kind to you.

Sending love from afar always.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Dear @Izabel

Love reading what you are up to and seeing all your favorite spots on my screen warms my heart. You are such a bright light here and have personally meant the world to me. I am glad I reside in your computer as the plane trip would be a bit daunting.

Stairs :flabber: I do get it. I have greater fear of wet floors and grocery stores. Legs literally ache when I leave as I am so tense that my muscles hurt. Fear is most definitely a part of it. I am still toddlering our stairs and have hand rails. We have three levels, master on 3rd, so I do climb them daily.

We do share so much on this road sweet friend, I am so glad cycling is helping and that you are inching along in recovery. Forward is my focus too. Sending hugs sweet Izzy. ❤️
 
Hi sweet Izabel!
So you're getting all your pretty festive decor out. It helps get us in the mood.
I'll bet it's lovely when you're all done.

I'm finished decorating inside and working on exterior window boxes today. While I love the finished product and I still enjoy it, it feels more tedious with each passing year. I find I have to psyche myself up to do it by playing Christmas music and choose a sunny day as everything feels brighter when the sun is shining. :SUNsmile: Once I get into it, I'm ok. I think it's the clean-up I loathe. I sound like a bratty child:heehee:

It's nice how you and hubs have your annual routine and enjoy spending the day alone. I hope you meet your goal to walk up the steps at home with just an arm crutch on your way to Peking Duck or Chicken Chow Mein. However, if you're unable, I have faith it will come.

You sound busy in the kitchen, good for you! It helps pass the time and is certainly productive cause a girl's gotta eat! I hope you have a nice rest of the week. Sending love and hugs till next time. :loveshwr::friends:
@Izabel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Peeps xx

Things are creeping along at a snail's pace ... but at least it is movement forward. :yes!:

I had progress this morning ... had my Sunday soak in the tub with Hubby helping me 'get my leg over' so to speak :heehee: but I got out ON MY OWN with Hubby looming nearby! :happydance: Guess all the leg stretching is finally working. That has taken me nearly nine months, but I did it! :yay:

Also I weighed this morning and am at 132lbs, up from 110lbs in March ... so now the weight watching starts as I don't mind keeping 130-ish. My troubles starting a few years in 2013 when I first saw the doctor about knee issues and weighed 170lbs ... a right roly poly at 5'2"! :groan:

Going to the Charity Shop tomorrow to give them all the crochet items I have done these past two years, 18 items in total, afghans, shawls, tops, scarves, etc. They are giving me a tax receipt for the cost of the yarn so win-win all around. It is a cat protection charity as I am a cat person. :kittymilk::meow::catbutterfly::catdance::kittykiss:

I am having my hair cut on Wednesday, keeping it the same on top, shorter at the back ... I love it short after 50 years long! Watch out for new Avatar.

Project this afternoon is attempting the step to the lounge with two crutches rather than walker. It is the step I tripped up and loosened my stem and fractured other bones. Silly, it is small but ... have attached pic with steo lower left which goes to fireplace and foyer, and you can see another step up to kitchen through the arch.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Well, I have whittered on long enough so I will love you and leave you wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
:bath: Thrilled to read about your unassisted bathing @Izabel That is wonderful.

Hope you like your new cut. Look forward to your new picture here. That step is tricky without rails. Please be so careful. Love the style of your home. Very inviting. Take care. ❤️
 
Movement forward is a good thing!
Congrats on getting out of the bath alone. That's very encouraging.
You're home looks so spacious with those high ceilings and I can see how you could easily take a mis-step going from one level to the next. Poor Izabel, it had to be so painful falling down.

So charitable of you to donate all of the items you've crocheted. A bit of Izzy love will be spread here and there.

I hope you love the haircut you get on Wednesday.
Hugs and wishes for a great week!
@Izabel
 
Friday the 13th Orchid.jpeg ... are you a pessimist or optimist? I am an optimist ... although technically I should be a pessimist ...

It was Friday the 13th October 2017 when I tripped up the step to the lounge (with a walker) going to the hospital for X-Rays on my knee I had subluxed slipping on cobblestones on 2nd ... I ultimately went in an ambulance, the first of five ambulance journeys in the following six months

Today Friday the 13th I am delighted to report that on Tuesday I achieved my Christmas goal of walking with one crutch through the house. Success at last, two years and two months after the commencement of my journey!

Here is the trek I do ... Foyer2 3 Apr 13.JPG [Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine ... out of our bedroom to the left of first picture to where picture taken from in foyer, up through the arch, up the step and turn left, to the end of the kitchen and back. The step in the lounge is a 15 foot curve and the kitchen step is a half moon.

My balance is not 100% but I think I MAY feel safe mooching around in the garden on one crutch rather than the walker. Hubby was gobsmacked and I am over the moon. It just suddenly fell into place.

I have to ease myself onto and off the static bike because I alight and disembark with my left leg and have to really push to get my foot over the base where the mechanism is so still have to work on stretching my hip muscles. So, I am still a work in progress but proof it may take what seems like forever and beyond ... but have faith and lots and lots and even more patience.

So with my positive news shared I will bid you adeus, wishing you all a peaceful weekend.

Friday the 13th Happy.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Oh @Izabel
:happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm so happy for you!

You have had more than your share of struggles and you have refused to give up on your goals.

Walking by Christmas...i remember when you joined us and how badly I felt when it couldn't happen for you.
How proud you must feel.:) :-) (:

I am so proud you continue to share your story and hope your Christmas is extra sweet!:wreath:
 
It’s very early here and your post has already made my day @Izabel


:happydance::wow:

What an amazing accomplishment! You have really been working hard on balance this last few months. Thrilled it will allow you to spend time in your garden that brings you so much joy.

I am finding crutches to be far superior to the cane. Keeps me upright and more aligned with my hip. So happy that one crutch is giving you freedom of movement in your beautiful house. Happy early Christmas! xxxx
:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine my little Southern Belle. Your encouragement along with other Moderators has helped me get where I am today and I am eternally grateful. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Sarah xx Are you using the underarm type crutches, American ones as we call them :heehee: I got a very lightweight pair of aluminium ones but could not manage with them. It seems Europe is more favourable of elbow crutches which are easy to use and gentle on the hands.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

I actually walk straighter and more fluid with this than I do with the walker.

Have faith and keep positive. Sending magical Fairy Dust ...
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Those look great @Izabel I am so happy you are moving about so much more freely now. Love your husbands reaction. You deserve this, you have persevered.

Yes, you are correct, “American”underarm ones. My hands are sore, but it’s taken some pressure off of my knee and mid thigh bone pain. Not using them much as just biding my time until this is fixed. Thank you for sending tinker bell dust my sweet friend. Hope you enjoy your garden. ❤️
 
I treated myself to a Christmas pressie this morning ... but Hubby doesn't know! :heehee:

Since I plan on using one crutch for a while, I ordered a fancy one from Amazon ... a pink and black floral folding elbow crutch ... it is called a Funkrutch ...

1576338313676.png

Weird, I paid £27.18 inc post and this afternoon it costs £43.85 inc post !!!!

Now to think of a name for her ... :scratch:

Peaceful Sunday Cat.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Flamingo?

Good morning my Little Southern Belle ... you do get up early don;t you?

Interesting ... and rather relevant to the current situation ...

What does a flamingo symbolize?
  • Flamingos symbolize beauty, balance, and grace. Flamingos are also pink, which can be used to symbolize femininity and innocence, among other characteristics.
  • Ref: symbolism.fandom.com/wiki/Flamingo
What is the spiritual meaning of flamingos?
  • Common Flamingo Spirit Animal Meanings The flamingo meaning also encourages you to get in touch with your emotions. Be a better and stronger person by turning your pain into strength. Release any feelings of negativity that you may be feeling and allow yourself to experience positive ones.
  • Ref: trustedpsychicmediums.com/spirit-animals/flamingo-spirit-animal/

Scientific name of the flamingo is Phoenicopterus. Maybe Phoenix?

I often used to stand on one leg ... but don;t think I could manage this ...

Flamingo.jpg Izzy xx

PS And I realise today is Sunday not yesterday ... :whistle:
PPS My father lived in Phoenix in the 70s.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom