Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Congratulations @Izabel So very happy for you. I was so happy when I could rub lotion on my heals. 2.5 years. Bless you friend. ❤️ You have surely been through such a long road. So are you going to paint your toes? Inquiring minds. xxxxxx Sarah
 
Wonderful news! its crazy some of the things we get so excited over during recovery. I remember the feeling, myself. I agree with, Sarah....this may call for some polish, if you're into that. Maybe a lovely Bougainvillea Pink to match the beautiful landscape you enjoy daily? When it comes to colors, the sky is the limit.

Hugs and best wishes for a great evening! :flwrysmile:
@Izabel
 
No Sarah, I have never been one for toenail polish, but have all colours for fingernails, including black glitter! I have always had very long nails and they are a good perfect shape ... and I manicure them almost daily. I cut them back too. At the moment I am in ;no polish' mode. Funny, I don't like the thought of someone touching my toes as I don't my feet. They are small (UK 4/US 6/EU 37) and nicely shaped but I don't like my toes ... maybe because I wore high-heeled sandals or barefoot most of my life!

Off to meet friends for lunch today. The weather has turned cooler but still should be able to sit out in the sun. :SUNsmile:

Catch you all later and take care.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Hi @Izabel
Nice to read you made it out with friends to enjoy a lunch together.
I hope you had a wonderful time with lots of laughs.
A peaceful evening to you!
 
:wave: Thanks Layla.

Had a lovely time, went to the tapas bar, sat under the carob and fig trees and had many laughs. We always do with this couple. A few weeks ago we were at this same place and he (Steve) pulled a crown off eating grilled spicy pork ribs. He put the tooth in his wallet and phoned his dentist ... then, for some unexplained reason, looked back to see if he put it safely and promptly dropped it in the gravel* underneath. :shocked: Fifteen minutes followed with he, Hubby and Caroline crawling on the gravel (me being helpless and just watching) ... and Caroline amazingly found it!!!! :yahoo:
We laughed our heads off as we did again yesterday as Steve was relating the story to a friend they brought with them visiting from London. * The bar is in an agricultural area and it is not allowed to lay concrete or paving.

Then spoke to a member of BS @Sara61 for about an hour and plan on meeting up in the not too distant future as we are only 20 minutes or so apart.

The weather was supposed to be 70F but we went to 84F ... may get a few showers over the weekend, desperately needed!

I am practising balance and gentle exercise but still hobbling around ungracefully ... but I will get there in time. :praying::egypdance:

Sending love and hugs to all.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
What a small world, right?
Your piece of heaven (I've been googling images of your region) is absolutely stunning.
So happy to have been able to be part of your journey... @Izabel
You show such determination and are an inspiration to many with complicated recoveries.
Hope the rest of you're week is sweet.:SUNsmile:
 
Hello Sweet Izzy @Izabel

Thank you for the pretty pictures you left on my thread. Hope you are keeping your chin up too. PT gave me two new exercises to try for improving hip flexor strength. Seem promising as I could do them and have not had severe sore that sometimes happens. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xxxxx Sarah :hi:
 
Hello Izabel :wave:
Love the tooth story, I'll bet you had a lot of laughs over that one.
How nice you're going to meet up with a BoneSmart buddy.
Small world sometimes. I've heard of a few other meet ups in my time here.
I hope you enjoy your visit together when it happens.

Keep practicing your balance and engaging in your exercises, you're right, you will get there. I hope your weekend is sweet!
Love and hugs to you. :loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Haven't been around much as I have had non-bone issues that have been keeping my mind otherwise occupied.

I have been having mucus/phlegm problems and coughing a lot and my left eye got terribly bloodshot. Went to GP on Friday as I was afraid of infection but fortunately not. It is a Subconjunctival Hemorrhage caused by my violent coughing up mucus! It goes away naturally in 10-14 days. He gave me Condipront for the coughing. On top of it I have been constipated!!! Taking medication makes me sick so I have been on a right merry-go-round! Our weather has changed drastically and suddenly with much-needed rain and dropped temperatures so this may be the cause of it all as I do sometimes suffer from sinusitus.

A result of the above I have been negligent in my exercise. After 12 horrendous hours from 6pm yesterday to 6am this morning constantly coughing up mucus and eventually going to the loo, I have had tea and a couple of ginger biscuits and am looking forward to a brighter day ... and the sun is shining.

Sorry for the winge but I feel better getting it all out of my system and I sincerely hope all have had a peaceful weekend.

Hugs and kisses to all.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Sorry @Izabel that you have had this problem.
you don’t need anything else... my daughter suffers badly like that directly the colder weather starts... do hope yours improves soon.

Hoping the sun continues to shine for you dear Izzy... so glad about the toenails!!!

love Chrissie xx❤️
 
Dear Izzy @Izabel

I am so sorry about your cough and other frustrating, drug related issues. You don’t need all this sweet friend. ❤️ I hope you turn the corner soon and start breathing well and feeling better. Healing thoughts headed your way.

Hope the sun is shining soon. :SUNsmile: xxxxxx Sarah
 
Sorry you felt ill.
Flowers and get well wishes for you
9925C81A-FA72-4030-95E9-3C72CD2B3752.jpeg
My Dendrobium
(More difficult than the moth orchids, but worth waiting for. Interestingly, each year its blooms are larger. Orchids, I have learned, are very particular about their location, but once the desired spot is found, if I leave them alone, they do well. That’s an azalea below it. Azaleas bloom here in January. Only have one, inside the screened patio, as the deer find its flowers delicious.)
 
Thank you so much Chrissie, Sarah and Marie. I am feeling better today. Hubby told me to take things easy today. I will have the Chicken Risotto tonight he made for yesterday's dinner but I was too sick to eat. The sun has been visiting all day but it feels cool at only 20c.

I have a couple of Orchids but they have suffered through my journey ... but Hubby has kept them alive, just! I had a beautiful Azalea here but it died after a couple of years, too hot and dry. I took a cutting for Bonsai but it sadly died after a year or two. It was a beautiful Pink Picotee. Have never seen here for sale since.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine [Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx

@Hoppy Nanny
@Fit4Family
@marieltha
 
Oh no...poor, Izabel, you must have been coughing hard. I'm sorry you're still struggling and suffered through a miserable night of no sleep. It's crazy how when we really NEED sleep, it proves elusive.
I hope it's warm enough outdoors allowing you to bask in some sunshine and fresh air and hopefully chase away that creeping crud that's holding you back.
Chicken Risotto sounds delish and your Azalea photos so pretty.
I hope you feel better soon. :console2:
Love and hugs :loveshwr:
@Izabel
 
Your flowers are (and were) beautiful! A unique azalea. Thank you for sharing.
I hope you continue to feel better.
 
So glad you are feeling better Izzy... take it easy .. your hubby sounds delightful... aren’t we just so lucky to have their support...

Your flowers are gorgeous... as you know Autumn in the UK leaves us with a dirth of flowers & this year I’ve not been as active in the garden as I’d like so most of the flowers have faded. But, it’s brilliant sunshine today & seeing the sunlight flood through the window is such a tonic...

Take care beautiful Izabel xx
 
Hello sweet friend, @Izabel Izzy :hi:

Hope you are doing ok. Was just checking in today to see how you are feeling. Hope your cough is continuing to improve. Sending lots of xxxxx ❤️ Sarah
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom