Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Outstanding news @Izabel Thrilled your blood work looks so good. That meal looked amazing!

I hope you can figure out a way to make your home easier to get around. I have a lot of counter space in kitchen that is wonderful for keeping me upright. That is where I do most of my exercises. I have been trying some of yours. The leg raises are kicking my butt. Had to go back to 5 a day as my tendon didn’t like it. We will get there friend. Sorry about your knee news. Not what you hoped I am sure. Sending sunshine and hugs sweet friend. ❤️
 
Hello3.jpeg Sweet Sarah and thank you. xx

The Rollator arrived but it is for outside use and I use the small walker and one crutch for indoors but it is just a trial getting about. I don't spend much time in the kitchen to surf even though I have lots of counters. I have an appointment next Friday the 11th with our Osteo/Physio when Hubby has an appointment to see if he can help.

It's been a milestone week ... Tuesday the 1st was 6 years from my breast cancer op, Wednesday the 2nd was 2 years from my slip which started this horrible journey, so yesterday I re-invented myself and had my hair cut, the shortest it has been in over 50 years! Hubby keeps asking me who I am! VB Hair 2 Oct 19.jpg :heehee:
Take care of yourself and keep cool. :ice: It is pleasant here with temps keeping under 85c.

Beijos.jpeg Izzy xx
 
The gorgeous mane was shorn. Love your new hair it looks easy breezy and I'll bet much cooler in the heat. You look beautiful, Izabel! So nice to see your smiling face. Hitting milestones with the anniversaries you've mentioned has to feel good. The further removed, the better. I hope you're having a great Thursday....enjoy the weekend!
@Izabel
 
Wow!! You really went for a show stopping cut. Looks beautiful Izzy! So happy that your rollator arrived. Hope it helps you to enjoy doing more of what you love outside! Happy you have passed the five year milestone with breast cancer behind you. Must feel very good. Hoping this next 6 months leaves you completely healed and out enjoying everything life has to offer. Hope you can figure out a strategy to get around inside your house while your muscles are strengthening. Sending ❤️ @Izabel
 
@Izabel
Your new hairstyle is tres jolie!
Look forward to hearing more about the rolator.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
Happy World Animal Day! (image from SPCA Selangor via tiniest tiger big cat rescue world conservation by Triple-T-Studios, an online company that sells lovely cat-themed items.PM me if you cannot find them online and want their direct link)
 
Oh my stars....that haircut is the cutest @Izabel :loveshwr:
Very mod and frames your face so nicely.:)
I need a trim also...but you may have inspired me for a true cut.
Keep on keeping on...I hope your weekend is sweet!!
 
Good Afternoon Cat.jpeg One and All. Just dropping by to say hello and give an update.

I saw my Osteo/Physio fellow today, a lovely Dutchman we have dealt with from time to time over the years. He said I looked exceptionally well since he last saw me 18 months ago. I had to catch him up on my hip drama and he was quite aghast. He examined my leg in general feeling muscles and tendons , also straightening knee and flexing, and said it was perfect. He has suggested I do gentle side kicks to strengthen my hip as it has gone through so much in a short space of time. He has suggested I cut back my peddling to every other day as he feels this is causing my knee pain ... and to ice after i do exercise! I am to practise sit to stand and to attempt a few steps unaided, do gentle marches standing still and side steps and to get out of my head the fear of falling. He said I have a longer recovery journey than most but he feels I am positive and will get there. If I need to talk or feel I need more advice, he said he is there. He then did dry needling on Hubby.

Other than that, all is quiet here and my garden is going into full bloom with Tecomaria (orange honeysuckle), Tecoma stans (bright yellow trumpet clusters), Brugmansia (yellow and pink), Hibiscus rosa-sinensis (various colours), Podranea ricosoliana (pink trumpet vine), Bougainvillea (several colours) ... and more. It is my favourite time of the year with cooler temps ... and we may even get a shower this weekend. It is lovely to sit out in the early evening with a drink ... and drink up the beauty along with the alcohol! :heehee: Life is good and I just need to improve on it slightly to get to perfection.

I hope everyone else is well and progressing on their various journeys. I will keep popping in to check on you all and send some hugs and sunshine to those in need..

In the meantime I send lots of love for a peaceful weekend ...
Fim Semana Kitty.jpg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Such an uplifting report, Izabel! So much good and promise contained within. I love that you have some new stretches and exercises to work on and that your Osteo/Physio has enough confidence in your progress to tell you to get the fear of falling out of your head. This man sounds like a charm and I hope you take him up on his offer for additional conversation, or advice, if you are feeling stagnant or have questions going forward. I'll bet you left there feeling confident and reassured.

Your garden sounds lovely, your flowers beautiful! A perfect place to unwind in the cooler temps, drink in hand at the end of the day.

Life is good and I just need to improve on it slightly to get to perfection.

Music to my ears. You are love and sunshine.
Big hugs to you :loveshwr:
@Izabel
 
You are such a darling @Layla. :roseshwr:

Hubby just downloaded the CD of my X-rays taken on 20 September ... just to show how close the stem (30cm) is to the knee ... :flabber:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine


[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
 
First of all, I love your new hairstyle! It suits you. You have very pretty eyes, too!
Your Dr appointment sounds very promising and good. Yay for you!

As for the xrays,, my goodness, what a long stem you have! :wow: That should offer quite a bit of stability, I'm thinking..

Then the description of your garden sigh, sounds lovely, I almost felt like I was there with you.

Things are looking up.. I hope your weekend is a super one. :flwrysmile:
 
I wish you a peaceful weekend as well, @Izabel

Your garden sounds lovely. So very pleasant.

The squirrels are entertaining me by hauling and rolling very large magnolia seed pods (off a neighbor’s tree) up our steep driveway to then eat in shady spots in our yard. One very small squirrel (I have named her Harriet) makes me think of Sysiphus pushing his big stone. She probably thinks the same when she watches me practice walking up the driveway.

After seeing that x-ray, I think you might have the longest stem in your garden!
 
Wow @Izabel Incredible stem and knee image. Is that the knee that gives you trouble or is it the right? Never have seen a TKR image. Amazing. :flabber:

Have you tried any of your exercises listed above? Encouraging to hear stairs issues linger for other THR. My OS did not tell me that. I’m so glad you have such encouraging doctors there. Seems like they all think you are progressing nicely. ❤️
 
Good Morning.jpeg Sarah xx

Yes, the new knee is giving me the grief. Berry felt all around implant and said all is well and he thinks my exercise is annoying it. He said that is causing the tight band feeling and that it can be a vicious circle ... exercise for recovery, pain because of exercise, so you have to find a balance, hence me having to cut the pedaling down to every other day but to do the gentle exercises for just a couple of minutes each but many times a day. He also said sitting and lying down can irritate so get up and do a couple of gentle movements.

I practised these gentle movements several times yesterday and yes, it felt good. The other I failed to mention was to stand feet apart at shoulder width and just sway the hips side to side ... it is very relaxing!

Berry (Osteo/Physio) had a clinic in Amsterdam for 8 years till he moved to Algarve in 2000 and he has two clinics here, we go to the morning clinic where he does just consultation, general physio, dry needling etc, and an afternoon clinic for more intense treatment ... you may be interested in the Tendonitis section ...

Medical treatment here is second to none in my opinion. We are in the SNS/NHS scheme for 'free' medical treatment but Berry is private and I pay 30 Euros for a 30 minute consultation and Hubby's dry needling session is 35 Euros.

Have a lovely weekend with your family.
fairy kisses.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Izzy!

I am so glad you are finding some of your exercises relaxing. @Izabel Thank you for providing a link about the shockwave process. We are doing something similar at each of my PT appointments.

I really hope your new approach to gentle exercise helps you move forward. There is no gain with pain, so take it easy sweet friend. :loveshwr:xxxx Sarah
 
Ha @Izabel Finally caught up with you!!

That new hairstyle looks so good... highlights your beautiful face & eyes...

You seem to be getting some good advice from Berry & I couldn’t be happier for you...

Your garden sounds fabulous... Sadly we’ve got Autumn & Winter descended together here in the UK... rain, rain & more rain....all of the last of the summer flowers are beaten down & looking sad!!

Keep up the good work beautiful Izzy... much love to you... love Chrissie xx:angel:
 
@Izabel
I frequently learn something from visiting you, and today is no exception.

I, too, am doing better with more frequent, briefer stints of walking, attempting to regain my normal stride and gait.

I, too, have started (again—sigh) to ice after exercising. As I have gotten stronger, I think I overlooked the swelling in the knee after exercise.

The link about the ultrasound (US) and shock treatments is very interesting.
@sistersinhim shared her success with US treatments in PT for medial/front? Knee pain. By the way, she shared this in @rustic ’s thread, not mine, and his thread has very beautiful mountain images that are worth visiting to see—he has returned to rock and mountain climbing—but has that medial/front pain issue so many of us seem to get after an otherwise successful surgery.

So, thank you @Izabel !

PS, FYI am going to update my knee thread now with my latest change in my effort to regain my normal gait. My husband noted I was walking better (no limp!) after trying this.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine I have done it! After nearly 2-1/2 YEARS I have just cut the toenails on my left foot!!! :egypdance: I have been managing the right foot for months but have had to rely on Hubby (in fear and trepidation) for my left foot. I ache, but did it, very slowly, toe by toe with a rest in between! :heehee:

Now, onward to walking with my new manicure ... I am ...
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom