Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

@Izabel you are doing wonderfully,there is no hurry it really doesnt matter how long we take its not a race,its all about wellness going slowly and feeling happy, please dont be blue, I know how it feels, especially doing things one handed, we will all get there, relax and let those muscles slowly recover,I am a fine one to talk I know!!! Big hugsxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Thinking of you...
Sending a hug and wishes for brighter days. :console2: :loveshwr:
Hope today was a better one.
@Izabel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine @Izabel,
It sounds like a good time to hug your cat, and perhaps share a good book.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine One and All ...

I had a lovely day yesterday after a poor night's sleep. We met friends at the tapas place and sat under a huge Carob tree (there's Carob, Fig and Olive trees to sit under). These friends are the dears who have been coming to visit bringing roast chickens, home-made enchiladas, desserts etc over the past difficult times ... and now we can go out ... hurray! This is proof of improvement. The owner Luiza immediately came up to me and asked of progress. I told her of my walking with one crutch for 500 steps throughout the day ... and then my downfall ... and she admonished me and said to slow down ... which she repeated when we left!

I had a good 6 hours sleep last night (briefly interrupted by two loo breaks) and I feel refreshed this morning ... but I promise I shall take all advice on board and slow down and be proud at my achievements to date.

The difficulty I have doing things one handed is that I am right handed and have to support myself with the crutch right handed ... but I am sure I am not alone in this respect. It is just another little hurdle to conquer.

I plan on having a relatively quiet day and weekend ... and it looks like those of you in the UK are going to have a pleasant Bank Holiday Weekend for once. :SUNsmile: Enjoy!

I will check in on Sunday to see how everyone is but leave you sending hugs and kisses to all my much-appreciated secret friends and supporters hiding behind my screen. :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
So glad to hear you are feeling better and had a lovely outing.
I speak English as my first language and French as my second (better at reading it than speaking it).
And now, your posts are teaching me Portuguese!
Obrigado! ( when is it obrigada?)
Bonne Fin de Semaine!
Bom Final de Semana!
Marie
 
:wave: Marie

I spoke French fluently when I was younger, French-Canadian. Can't remember a
thing now!

Obrigada because you are female. Boa fim de semana ... good end of the week but we leave out the 'de'.

Here you go ... abraços e beijos ...

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx

Edit: Eek ... I signed myself Ozzy, where was my head??? Corrected! :umm:
 
Last edited:
Obrigada, @Izabel
I studied French as a child. Then, lived part of the year in Montreal (parc le Fontaine; arrondisement Le Plateau) for 6 years starting in 2003 (not in the winter! ) Practiced our French a bit (lived in the French sector), but everyone’s business was on the web, so they wanted to practice their English with us. We had to “trade lessons”. Very sweet.
We loved Canada and Canadians, but it is too cold there!
Merci Beaucoup!
Boa Noite!
 
Last edited:
@Izabel you were adorable!

I grew up in Boston with cold, sleet, and snow, but had been away from that climate for years.

It had been 35 years since I had seen snow, so I visited Montreal that winter. Nine feet of snow! Warmest temp while there was -12F at noon. I couldn’t wear my contact lenses. They felt like they were crystalizing on my eyes. I wore all the wool clothes I had brought at the same time—sausage woman—for all 3 days!

The snow white landscape in parc le Fontaine was mystically and magically beautiful, of course, when viewed through a window from the warm indoors.

A beautiful snow memory that will hold me for another 35 years.

Abrigada for sharing that sweet picture.
 
Hello @Izabel Catching up with your thread and see you've experienced a low spell but glad to read that you are bouncing back. You have me craving a visit to Portugal.. It sounds lovely.
I'd like to think that your husband's impatience was more his way of showing concern.. but what do I know? I do know men express things differently than us gals..
I still have my Tai Chi book ready to go when I think I'm far enough healed to begin!
Have a good remainder of the weekend!
:flwrysmile:
 
Glad to see you enjoyed yourself at the restaurant @Izabel
Seems like things are settling down & your recovery is moving on!

Loving your cute picture on your trike...

Hoping you are having a great weekend .. & yes for once the weather in the UK is good for the Bank Holiday...
Spent tonight on the beach watching the end of season fireworks until 11pm... and still hot...

Take care sweetie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine all my Sweet People

A new dawn and a new day as I like to say ... it gives me perspective. It was an uneventful weekend physically ... but FANTASTIC mentally! I did minimal exercise but enough to keep me mobile. But what I did was ... clear out the three section freezer in the kitchen! Hubby had been shall we say 'negligent' in this respect! I threw about about a third of what was in there, most of which had been there for nearly two years! I won't go into detail but some of it was :scare: Hubby then hacked the ice out of it ... sadly this one is not frost free. There is another (frost free) freezer in the shed which I will have to tackle. :scaredycat: I also re-organised a three drawer toiletry unit from the bathroom which was not so frightening. Then there was a stack of 'things' piled on the kitchen table, lots of which was tossed out. I am a very organised person and cannot abide disarray, ie, linen must all be folded identically, facing the same way and colour coordinated (my clothes are like that too) but I haven't braved it to look into the linen closet yet :scary:nor the kitchen drawers/cupboards :bolt: Is it just me?

Marie, I just love that link, thank you. xx Hubby also loved it. Our favourite photographer at the moment is an American Joel Sartore. We currently have two of his books. He is coming to Albufeira near us soon but not sure if we can get to see him.

Any old how, I feel refreshed and ready to take on whatever life throws my way ... with grace and dignity! :heehee:

Sending special wishes to one and all for a peaceful week.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello sweet friend @Izabel

Love the cute picture of you riding a bike. Such a cutie. I am so glad you felt a lift in your spirits this weekend. Love the way you write. Always feel like I have gone with you on a lovely journey. Slow and steady friend will get us there. I overdid it this weekend with a long drive two days in a row. Resting and pampering my muscles now. I know they will rebound, just need me to baby them a bit.

Glad you got to make progress on your freezer and a couple drawers. I can so relate. My home needs lots of attention. Will have to proceed very cautiously as tackling it all would for sure land me in ODIC. We don’t want to go there. Clean anything not worth that. Sending lots of xxxxxxx and sunshine your way Izzy! ❤️ Sarah
 
I love Sartore’s Photo Ark!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the way you write. Always feel like I have gone with you on a lovely journey.

I agree!! I love when she refers to us as her secret friends in her computer, or notebook. :wink:
She has a wonderfully unique way of communicating that's warm and draws you in. I always envision her dining outdoors under an azure sky, with fragrant rich pink wisteria gently moving in the breeze, as she savors some delicacy she later needs to explain to inquiring minds like mine. :heehee: It often sounds romantic to me.
We love us some Izabel....all I can say! Hope you have a wonderful week, Izzy.
@Izabel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine My sweet Sarah and Layla. You are such darling poppets and I am fortunate to have you as loyal supporters, along with many others whom I hope I don't offend by not naming! I am pleased my writings and musings delight you. Words are an important way to convey thoughts and feelings ... and of course, in my case, small pictures or doodles as emphasis. I try not to look at life through rose coloured glasses but rather through opera spectacles in order to bring good things closer to me.

I like writing and have penned several cookbooks, a poetry book and am presently working on a children's novel following the whimsical lives of my cats through the years. My poetry book is called Seasons of Myself and the prelude is ... Spring means life is given, Summer a joy every day, Autumn means time is passing, Winter life is taken away. I feel I am still in my Summer years. :)

But to an important phenomenon ... I braved the front door step with two arm crutches ... with Hubby's hands lurking by my bottom! I did it! Okay, hands up, the step is only a couple of inches tall ... but I went down it and up it! I also keep stepping down and up holding the walker, alternating legs, bad first then good first and so on. I continue to pedal daily and practise Tai Chi for my much-needed balance. And I have become Sous Chef in the kitchen ... I flatly refuse to regain the title of Executive Chef until Hubby replaces the light above the hob as I do not like cooking in the dark, the cooker being catty-cornered!

So, I have whittered away here ...saying all of the above I have not been in missive mode and am seriously behind with my e-mails to friends and family. I will return later to speak to folk individually.

In the meantime I send sunshine, happiness and health to all ...

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
:yes!:Wonderful report and so happy you are able to finally manage the steps.
along with many others whom I hope I don't offend by not naming
Didnt hardly notice you left out my name:heehee:
But in all seriousness, I'm so glad to see your joy come through your posts in spite of all you have gone through.
I have always loved to write and think it is splendid you are an author.
As always, wishing you a great day.:SUNsmile:
 
Well, I'm not surprised. You make a wonderful author!
In your book, Seasons of Myself, Summer sounds like the best place to be and I'm happy you feel that's where you are currently. If we can look at each new day as the gift that it is and feel eager to learn and experience all life has to offer, it's bound to bring us joy, right?

What a brave feat tackling the front door steps with hubs hand lurking in the nether regions, lol.
I'm proud of you and it must have felt like the wonderful accomplishment that it is. Practicing this along with your Tai Chi for balance is an awesome idea and start. I wish you great success.

May your day be as warm sunny and bright as your musings. You're loved, sweet Izabel! :loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom