Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Step success! How wonderful!
And wishes for a lovely week for you, as well.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
Mindful
 
Just loving that post @Izabel

I’m thinking of a cartoon picture of you going out the front door & down the steps with your hubby following...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Love the poetry & love your sunny outlook...

Sounds like you are in a great place at the moment Izzy & I couldn’t be more pleased for you.

Ps... dare I say... ? How are the knees.?

Love & hugs Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Izabel
:SUNsmile: Inspiring me again sweet Izzy as I watch the sun come up. I would love to read your books. Love the analogy of looking at life through opera glasses. Had never thought of that. I do imagine you always surrounded by the beauty of nature. A gardener at heart.

Exciting progress with your stairs!! Balance really seems to be so helpful. I have been working on shifting my weight and balancing from different angles. Gives me more confidence.

Hubby has sufficient motivation to fix your light. Very smart! Sending love sweet friend and wishes for daily progress. :loveshwr: xxxxx Sarah
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine to another weekend ... and this one a holiday for my American and Canadian friends.

As always, your good wishes are always appreciated, thank you. xx

I have just glided through the past couple of days, not gaining anything but not losing either, so no complaints there. Ah, the knees, Chrissie, they have their up and down days and only apprise me which mood they are in on the actual day! I still wear my home-made knee support from my sexy stockings. :heehee: I am just plodding along and hanging in at the moment. I want to wait till I have my six-month X-ray to prove my bones are adhering to the stem before I do anything more strenuous as I don't fancy this one going through my femur. :shocked: Hubby off to Physio this morning ... but not for me, no siree!

I thought of a few tips to share that some may like.

1. Arm exercise to strengthen upper arms and eliminate bingo wings : Place finger-linked hands behind head so elbows are at ear level. Bring elbows together in front of face till they touch. If they do not touch, move hands further up or around head, on top if necessary. Touch ten times. Repeat often throughout the day.

2. Knee Pillows. I use a small tubular pillow filled with tiny styrofoam beads. You can squish it to shape to fit under knees. I also have one for my neck.

Amazon product ASIN B071KFHRGN
Our day temps have been around 95F so I have no desire to be outside. Around 7-ish we drop to around 80-85F so I venture to the front patio. Our nights go down to 68-70F. We've had no rain since May except for one or two odd days, and don't expect anything till October.

So, I may pop back later ... I still haven't written those e-mails (slap hands).

Wishing all a peaceful weekend.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Happy Saturday, dear one. Thanks for the tips! "Bingo wings" :heehee:

Wow, you're dealing with some high temps! I'm not a fan of the heat either. Thankfully Autumn is in the air in my area.

A few days of no gain is better than steps backward. You'll get there. Assuming your six month x-ray is in September? Hope it's all good news!

A lovely weekend to you @Izabel :loveshwr:
 
We are all going to have honed arm muscles now @Izabel![emoji23][emoji23]

So glad you have reached your peaceful mindset... it certainly helps to minimise stress... you are an inspiration...

You are right about knee pillows/support. I bought one & it has made a difference to sleeping.

Hoping your weekend is peaceful & happy.. not too hot though...[emoji51] i’m not good with too high temps... our temperatures in the UK are more back to normal thank goodness.

Have a great weekend lovely Izzy... love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the arm exercise, @Izabel. I will have one honed arm and one batwing until my RCR heals, but that’s progress! I can keep the batwing at my side and do little waves like Queen Elizabeth and darling little Princess Charlotte.
 
:wave: my secret friends.

Friday and yesterday were uneventful and I plan on today following suit as another day of coasting is in the cards.

Knees are slightly creaky and I shall have both my knees X-rayed along with hip this month ... goodness, it is September already, the time just passes so quickly when you are having fun! :whistle: As I have a new left knee, that should be fine but I wonder what is going on inside that rightie. :what: My hip scar is itching at the top. The scar is indented and very much so at the top where it weeped for several weeks. I guess three cuts in the same place and last tine when I had less weight on didn't help ... and now I have blossomed out with fat and muscle. :umm: It looks fine and I can lie on it with caution. I have been slathering on Avon Hand & Nail Cream containing Glycerine, Calcium and Vitamin E which I found too heavy for my hands.

I don't have a date with my Surgeon yet (Hubby probably wouldn't be well pleased anyway :heehee: ) but I will contact tomorrow so they remember who I am as it has been so long (June 2) last visit and get in his diary.

Temp is a couple of degrees cooler today, thankfully.

I shall now go have a snack of cheese triangles on toast (sure wish I could get Velveeta here and Cheeze Whiz) and wish everyone a peaceful Sunday and all those in the possible path of Dorian safety. :prayer:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
We do what we can, to stay on top of our physical health without sacrificing our mental health...I think you do this beautifully with a sense of humor and hope.
This indeed will carry us gar.

I think Winnie the Pooh is who I wish I could be in life.
The most upset he gets with lifes unexpected glitches is
"Oh fuss and bother":heehee:
Wish I could be so chill.

Coasting is good too.:curtsey:
 
I think Winnie the Pooh is who I wish I could be in life.
The most upset he gets with lifes unexpected glitches is
"Oh fuss and bother":heehee:

Too true!

I have Winnie-the-Pooh The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems, coffee table book. I love Piglet and Hubby Tigger. We each have stuffed animals we got in the 70s. We also have bone china figurines of each.

I also have the Wind in the Willows Complete Works coffee table book. Another classic.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
GREAT book I have, The Tau of Pooh.
Says all personality types can be explained by Milne's characters.
Zen Pooh Bear, Mothering Kanga, Pessimistic Eeyore...etc...

I'm Tigger...whoohoohoo
 
@Mojo333 ... interesting, very interesting indeed. I shall see about getting The Te of Piglet.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
... especially if they have had both hips replaced ... :heehee: :dancy:

I hope you are having a relaxing holiday weekend with not too much family strain.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Hi, just l'il ole me dropping by to say hi!

Had dentist this morning for clean. She was pleased with me since her deep clean four months ago when I developed dental problems after taking Fosamax last year. She is going to contact the Dental Surgeon about having the dead roots removed. :shocked:

I have a date with my gorgeous Surgeon on the 20th for X-rays and bloods ... of course my darling Hubby is going with me as Escort! :whistle: :heehee:

Had KFC for lunch, tenders for me and spicy wings for Hubby, enough left for dinner. KFC is conveniently in front of the Clinic. We are under a high heat warning so I am keeping my good self in the a/c. :yes:

I hope all who may be in the line of fire of Dorian or her high winds in passing keep safe and well.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
:hi:
Aww, that sounds painful, Izabel (dead root removal) How awful you have to endure that due to the Fosamax.
Prayers your blood work and x-rays are good on the 20th. Stay cool and don't melt in the oppressive heat.
Sending love and a hug. :loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel
 
Hello Izzy @Izabel

Glad you will get a peak at your hardware soon. Always reassuring. So sorry about your teeth. That doesn’t sound fun. Seems terribly unfair it was caused by your medication. Please keep us posted. Sending lots of love and sunshine sweet friend. :loveshwr::SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine It is six months today ... and no progress to report ... but no setbacks either!

Both knees give grief in particular when going up/down the step(s) ... they are singular in four places not stairs, ie, one from the foyer to living room/main bathroom, one to kitchen, and two individual ones out between the two patios I frequent, plus the little doorsteps. It is frustrating and I don't feel safe with the one crutch but don't want to walk around with two in case I encounter a step. Still working on balance but don't understand why my knees won't ease up. I still use the pedaller so muscles should be flexible. Also marching in place. Maybe I will get answers next week.

Any old how, I still enjoy the garden in the evenings when it is not too hot .... we are down a few degrees this week but still around 85F days. Yesterday we went to the little tapas place for a sandwich and drink and there was a breeze sitting under the carob/fig trees. Other than that things have been quiet and my mind is in a semi-somnambulant state so do not have a lot of 'get up and go' ... yet!

Well my friends, I shall shuffle myself off to plant some Verbena pendulata seeds for a planter, mixed colours. I have been planting lots of Morning Glory, Japanese species with double flowers, and dwarf ones. The first bloomed in six weeks and this week I have had germination in two days! ... yes, incredible. I am trying to get some patio colour for Autumn/Winter.

So I bid adeus and will catch up with you all later.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Hugs and kisses, Izzy xx
 
So wish your knees would not be so stubborn.:umm:

Love morning glories but I certainly do not have a green thumb.
I have a lonely cactus that is the only thing I haven't manage to kill.
Keeping the faith for things to keep improving for you dear Izzy.:flwrysmile:
 
You are SO correct @Jaycey that I will see more progress but this journey really does test one's patience at times. :sigh: I got my seeds planted ... but I do these things seated and have Hubby carrying things for me, bless him. :hugzz: He is having his afternoon snooze now, wish I could but sadly it has never been in my chemistry to do so. Hope all is okay in your part of the world ... I have never been that far up North.

I wish that too my little Southern Belle @Mojo333. Yesterday they were good little joints ... but not today! My Leftie is tight, Rightie is just having a tantrum! Hip is behaving so I am thankful for small mercies granted me.

Changed my Avatar to me ... :heehee: ... the pic of me in hospital in March ... artistically enhanced! :tada:
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom