Guest viewing is limited

THR It's over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb, you should be locked up and the key thrown away! That's crazy! Or at least you're a very tough lady.

I found that when I overdid things (and this is after 8 weeks, not 2) my hip ached for a couple of days after. I went off narcotic pain meds after 2 weeks but started taking Tylenol later on based on advice I've seen here. Two weeks is way too soon to stop any kind of non-narcotic pain pills in my opinion.
 
Hi John

'Deb, you should be locked up and the key thrown away! That's crazy! Or at least you're a very tough lady.'

I always have a smile on my face when I read your posts.. I so enjoy reading them.. :)
 
Funny, I actually am employed at a mental health hospital so perhaps I should just go back to work...lol! Problem is they have given me keys to everything that I wear around me neck. Just joking anyway, I know I am NOT ready to go back yet. I just worry about my boss being over whelmed. I hear you guys loud and clear and I knew what you were going to say before I even typed it. I just have this frickin' cabin fever so bad and feel like I'm missing out on the Christmas cheer. Just me in a negative "pitty potty" state. Forgive me and I will take you advice. You guys haven't lead me wrong yet. Deb
 
DebB.

[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!

When I was nursing, I did two years nursing in a Mental Health facility.. I too was given the keys...

It is too soon to be thinking about work hon.. I had my RTHR a year ago and I still want to do more.. But energy drain, 'the little ouch events' bring me back to reality that I am still a recovering hippie..

I know that cabin fever gets to all of us, when I returned to work, I thought.. Mmm! Wish I was still home and able to take it easy..

When I have my other hip done in 2013.. I will take as much leave as possible..

Take it easy Deb :) you have the rest of your life to enjoy and use this shiny new hip :)
 
Thanks Poppet for your wise and kind words. I have been so positive but I guess this was just my evening to brook and fall apart a little. Not worry, I have picked myself up and dusted myself off again. I have to go get my blook level checked in the A.M. and then I am coming right home to a quiet day! Deb
 
Mine is but im wondering id my op leg will ever feel the same length. It feels longer now and im having lots of muscle pain when walking. I guess its to soon im not even at two week mark lol.
 
Deb, Welcome to the this side so now recover can be done. I know there is lot to do but remember to take a easy. Please don't rush it. Now is the time for rest, elevation, ice and pain meds if needed. Spend the time to look and enjoy your house. Please take care and keep us posted. tashia
 
Retired psych nurse here. Yep, you will be known as Crazy Warrior:rolleyes:

I know it is hard, but try to be a little lazy and enjoy your "down time." Take your pain pills and your naps. You'll be back to work soon enough. Looking back, I know I pushed myself unnecessarily during my first 4 weeks post-op. Now at almost 3 months out, I have better sense, and try to alternate a really vigorous day with a laid back or moderate day...and it seems to be working well.
 
Deb, I think there is a chemical reaction that occurs in our brain when we go to the doctor and he says we are doing well. I know after my appointment on Tuesday, where I got permission to weightbear, I started walking, trying no aid, a can then back to 1 crutch, tried bending, doing all sort of things, Then had a tizzy, when I couldn't walk without pain. The answer is What did I expect, so took a deep breath, grabbed my 1 crutch and started paying attention to my gait. My logical side knew that there would be discomfort and I couldn't just start walking with no pain and no limp, just because the doctor gave the green light for weightbearing, but my crazy self expected to just walk out the door into the sunset with a bounce in my step. Mantra, marathon not sprint.
 
You are all so right. I laid low yesterday and then went out just for a while today. Plan to take it slow tomorrow and then go to my sister's tomorrow night for a Christmas get together. It does help to alternate days...go out for a short trip one day and then spend the next day resting at home. Helps the cabin fever and also keeps me from pushing too fast. Concentrating on doing my exercises at least twice a day in an attempt to strengthen my muscles and hopefully work out my limp.
 
Recovery report...I am now walking without a walker or any assisted device. Staying ahead of the pain and learning that late afternoon seems to be when my body tells me "enough" at which time I stop to rest and take pain medication before breakthrough occurs. Learning to listen to my body and stay ahead of the game. Limp has gotten minimal. Every day is a step closer to recovery. Thank you, my friends for all of your encouragement and support. For those of you just beginning your journey, hang in there...there really is a light at the end of the tunnel and we can live without the pain! :yes!: Deb
 
Fantastic update Deb... good for you, I am so thrilled for you :)
 
Well done Deb! Keep up the good work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom