THR It's over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
 
No fair! It was an accident....I swear. I promise I will be good if I can just get ONE OF THESE!
 
:sleep: Man, these conversations go up, down, and all around. You guys keep me laughing. I failed to mention that I work PT...1 - 5 pm M-F. Problem is that as a Patient Advocate, I do need to be able to walk around the campus to go see my patients. I see the doc next Thursday so I'll see what he thinks it is looking like as far as time goes. Perhaps I could do a 3 day week for a few weeks instead of the full 5 days. That way I could sleep on the other 2 days to help off set the fatigue. I am really doing well gang! I have caught myself 3 times today walking into another room without my walker. I also went up my stairs for the first time today...that's 20 stairs in my old house! Biggest problem I am having is feeling a lump in my right butt cheek where the surgery was done. I feel like I'm sitting on a golf ball. I am able to cut my pain meds down from 10mg to 7.5 Hydroco during the day now. I use the 10mg at night still. I have also found myself lying and reading with my feet crossed a couple of times. Freaks me out when I realize it. I knew that would be a problem for me though because I cross my legs a lot. Trying to watch it closely. I baked some easy Christmas cookies with my grand daughter today but I did have to take a nap afterwards. Things are definately looking up from last week. Thanks again for everyone's support and suggestions. You are all very special to me and really giving me the strength to keep moving
forward. Pain meds are kicking in so I think I better shut down and go to sleep. Talk to you all later. -Deb-
 
Thanks Knitter4444 for further information regarding the US process.. Very interesting :)

bottomshollow Judy, you are such a gem honey, I love you to bits :)
 
Thanks Deb, for the info on what to wear in the hospital. I am glad you are doing better. Can't wait to get where you are!
 
Went looking for a new ring today, Mmmmm! $5000 - pity I am too practical - that is 2 water tanks...
 
Poppet, 2 water tanks for a giant water gun???? How fun! We could shoot those from the back of our new ride :)
 
Damn! well, Poppet can shoot to her heart's content, as can bellaroma and some others, but if you think Santa is leaving one of these for you after the havoc you have wreaked with a scooter, well...lotsa luck....:cry:
 
Tomorrow my hubbie goes back to work and I will have to handle things on my own. Y I K E S !!!
:yikes:
 
I'm dying to know what Damn did in Walmart with a scooter....I was trying to decide if I should venture out and use one of those but perhaps I should know a little more about the dangers first. Deb
 
DebB.
I ventured out to Costco yesterday 3 days after graduating from crutches to a cane. It was a mistake...nobody looks where they are going and the 'scooter' people were the worst. Holiday shopping makes normal people crazy, my husband had to protect me, couldn't wait to get out. Its scary when you aren't feeling secure, so be careful!
 
Well Deb...it goes something like this: I was showing off and doing donuts in the large, wide middle aisles. Doing them forward and backwards. My daughter and I went down the school supply aisle (much more narrow) and I decided to demonstrate my mad scooter skills to her....I wiped out a school supply display....on accident. I swear. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
 
No seriously 2 new water tanks.... All about the retirement house

Hugs xxxx
 
I took tons of pain meds for the 1st 3-4 weeks. I am remarkably tolerant of most oral narcotics & I had no side effects from the meds - I was on 2-8 mg of Dilaudid every 4 hours - & I saw no rational reason to be in severe pain. I was also taking 975 mg of Tylenol every 6 hours. Ice & elevation were critical also. I'm no hero & I hate to be in pain! Hang in - it does get better!
 
Think I may stay out of Walmart just a little longer. I just know they must be having a bad month financially with me not going in sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Damn, I bet you are one fun gal to hang out with. Deb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom