Guest viewing is limited

THR It's over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, everybody. Hey Beth...if one hip = new car, then would 2 hips get me a boat or a plane??? lol
 
I hope I'm putting this in the right place for all to see. Please advise me if I'm not. My FMLA is approved for 6.5 weeks but I told my boss I was shooting for 4 weeks to return in. I'm now seeing that I was a little "ignorant" in making that my goal. Today is Day #9 and I unless something happens quickly, I won't be ready to return in 3 weeks. Should I warn my boss now or see how I progress? I don't want to let her down as we have a new computer programming about to go up that I will be a big part of. Suggestions????? Deb:shrug:
 
Hi Deb... Four weeks return to work is pushing it.. I went back at 7 on a phased return 3 days a week for 3 weeks... Boy was I hanging out for those days off..

The energy drain gets to you.. I suspect you won't be ready, when do you see your OS?

I don't profess to understand your insurance situation in the US.. anyone...?

Maybe Knitter4444 - hi Merry, any ideas for Deb please?
 
Deb, I don't know what FMLA is, but I think you should plan on the maximum time off, then if things go exceptionally well, your boss will be pleased if you come back early.
At 4 weeks post-op, I was able to start kayaking and biking, but doing very easy and short trips, with icing and rest afterwards. I think an 8 hour work day, or worse yet, a 12 hour shift like I used to work, would have been way too much at that time.
 
Hi Deb I hope as you are reading this that the pain you are experiencing has eased off some. I made the mistake of easing off my pain meds in the early days and soon got back on track after my hippie warriors warned me it was not a good idea, I was suffering from breakthrough pain. I'm now 3 weeks on and I am still taking my pain meds which are keeping any pain under control. My operated leg is still very stiff and achy and complains when i do too much so I have learned that you have to give in to rest. I sympathise with you with the sleeping probs, I found it very hard to sleep on my back, but it does improve given time. Take each day as it comes Deb and although it might not feel like it right now, you will soon begin to realise how valuable your new hardware is!!!
 
FMLA lets you know the max protection you receive, but does not dictate the time. Depending on your relationship with your boss, I would start preparing her for a delayed return, is there anyway for some telecommmuting projects and do you need to provided a return to duty fitness certification, if so your OS may actually dictate the tiem, but they will usually work with you based on your needs.
Deb, I am probably having my other hip done soon, will know hopefully on Tuesday, so I can then find out what I get in addition to the car, maybe an amphibious vechile, so I could go from land to water without having to get up. They have cute little ones. Much better than a gold cart, Damn!
 
deb.B. I'd take all the time off you can get, I think we risk overestimating ourselves with the recovery time? I'm 3.5 weeks into recovery with a 10% weight bearing restriction, am not allowed to even start rehab until January. I'm an art teacher, job entails much standing/carrying. I've been told I shouldn't expect to be back at work full-time before April. That was shock!
 
Hi Sooty if I had sufficient paid leave at the time I would have taken 12 weeks minimum.. I think you will appreciate your long period of recovery come April.. You should have got passed the energy drain which hits us all quite hard by then.

I think your OS is sensible. I adore my OS and when I saw him at 4 weeks post and asked when could/ should I resume work he said much to my dismay... Now! I negotiated the time and then got follow up certificates with my GP.

I know one can suffer cabin fever, but in the end it is best for your recovery.. but I appreciate that not everyone can have that much time :)
 
Oh Beth... I had better not show this photo to my SO, he is going to want one.. We have the perfect beach at our retirement home we are building... 21 months to go... 271 actual working days to walk through security! .. But whose counting :)
 
:headbang: some days it feels like the days are dragging... We committed to 10 extra years of working, and the last 3 are proving to be the hardest.

I also have to have another THR done in there somewhere!
 
Poppet..FMLA is not about insurance here in the US. The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Basically, it is job protection.
But out of courtesy to her employer, she of course knows that she should contact her employer so that they can be prepared.

Dont push Deb..The end result may be not what you want. Get as healthy as you can.
 
Oh you mentioned the car. My uncle has an amphicar years and years ago. When we went into the water, at the boat ramp people were yelling at us not to go in. They could not imagine a car in the water. Such fun we had. We were the hit of the water..Couldnt take it in salt water but my uncle did anyway so it didnt last long; but such memories..
 
Oh, Family Medical Leave Act, of course.
bellaroma Yes! That's what you need until you can get back on your kayak. Better than a shopping scooter--- Damn! is going to want one, too.
 
OMG!!!! I want one in every color!!!! That looks like a blast. Who is with me?
 
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mom!!! P-L-E-A-S-E! I promise to be good!
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom