Guest viewing is limited

THR It's over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost: Your progress is awesome. You are such an inspiration to those of us who are still preparing our bodies, hearts and mostly nerves. Keep up the great work and your posts
 
Yay, you're home! Just sleep whenever you feel like it, Deb. If you're like most of us, you may be awake off and on at night and it may take a while for your normal sleep pattern to return. Just pamper yourself, you deserve it.

Stay ahead of the pain, ice, rest, elevate---haha, have you heard that before???

Are you using a walker? Crutches? Cane? Are you having PT at home? We want all the details when you have time:SUNsmile:
 
Perfectly normal feeling tired, I'm 6 weeks on Tuesday and just feeling human again , managed to keep awake all day and drive around looking at houses today , most of my Tramadol withdrawl symptoms seem to have gone, looking forward to dancing at a NYE party , oh and having a drink .
 
Good to see you home! Sleep is your friend. Get all that you need
 
When December rolled around I noticed that I had more or less misplaced November, so yes, it's normal to feel groggy, for quite a while. Even when you think you're hitting on all cylinders, chances are, you're not. Just rest, and don't get ahead of yourself.
 
wow Deb am so glad everything went ok.... welcome to the recovery warriors room lol. Looking forward to reading about your progress :friends:
 
Thanks again, gang. One more question. I skipped one of my pain does the afternoon (maybe 2) and I know I shouldn't have. I am hurting all over now. I have pain at the surgical sight, in my shoulders, the back of my leg and even in the opposite knee. Is this normal or did a Mack truck run over me? Deb
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
Now you know why we tell you to take your pain med on a schedule----no skipping doses----you pay in the end. It is perfectly normal to feel like a Mack truck has run over you. So no more skipped doses!
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
 
Take your next dose and reset your alarm on your pain schedule. I had all my medications set as alarms in my phone. So yes I was waking up at night after 4 hours to take my meds. After a month I still have my alarms set. I don't try and remember or have anyone else remember for me.


[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
 
I bet you won't make that mistake again! I did that once, waited about 2 hrs too long. I got it back under control but it took a few hours of cramping and all over aches. You are a ways out from being able to miss a dose or two, keep ahead of the pain is the right advice to follow!
 
Congratulations on your new hip, Deb!! Best wishes for your recovery!

Diane
 
Deb, glad to hear your surgery went well! I see you are from Texas, and I am too. Having my THR on Tues. Dec 18th. Looking forward to hearing how you are doing!
 
I've been home less than 24 hrs but i feel like someone has beat me up. Pain in the surgical site, knees, and even the shoulders. Is this normal? Am I moving to fast? I did skip a couple of Hydroc yesterday afternoon but I got back on track at 8 pm last night and have been taking them every 4 hours. Any suggestions or tips???
 
Good luck, Texas Girl. I am lying in bed right now resting and feeling no pain at the moment. What part of Texas are you in? I'm just South of Houston.
 
Keep taking the meds on schedule. Don't skip any at all yet, it's WAY TOO SOON to even contemplate that.

Rest, elevate and ice are the golden rules. Don't do any exercises yet either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom