Guest viewing is limited

THR It's over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thankyou: Thanks gang! I did find out today that the pharmacy tech gave my husband the wrong info. He had gotten my Norco refilled last Monday and then took a new Norco prescription from my OS last Sunday (1 week later). The tech told my husband that since he had just gotten one filled that she couldn't fill the new one but assured him it was the same thing that I already had at home. This morning I called the pharmacy and they realized it was 10mg instead of 6.5mg and also written by a different physician. Of course, they apologized profusely. I will get the stronger this evening. Actually, I have had a pretty good day today though. I am taking my pain meds every 4 hours around the clock...I'm not missing any doses. If I could snuggle on my sofa I would be just fine. How long do we have to sit in straight back chairs? I've noticed a lot of swelling has gone down today since I stayed off of my feet most of yesterday and today. Oh...best update of all, I got to take a shower the morning. My hair is clean! I go see my OS's PA next Wednesday (1 wk from tomorrow) so hopefully he'll remove a few of the restrictions that are driving me crazy like the straight back chair. Oh, I did take the advice regarding using a belt or do leash to assist in getting my leg on/off the bed. What a difference that made! Thanks so much. Should I be doing anything right now to fight any weakness? Oh, my appetite has diminished somewhat also. Sorry for more questions but you guys are definately needed and I wish I could reach out and hug every one of you for being there. Deb
 
Deb,
I am south of Ft. Worth. I have family in Houston, Clear Lake and Kemah. Glad the pain is better. All in all sounds like you are doing well. Whart did you wear while in the hospital? A hospital gown or what??? Just wondering what I will need to take.
I work a hospital gown the first day but went ahead and put my own gowns on for the rest of the time. They felt gowns were better that shorts or pj's. Oh, and I had to leave the panties off although there was really no need to. Good luck, Texas Girl! Deb
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
 
Deb, I am not sure what your doctor told you about where to sit, but I have a very conservative doctor who wouldn't let me do anything. However, I was allowed to lie on the couch. Just take care to sit down, much like you are getting into bed. Then take your dog leash...leg lifter and lift your leg onto the couch. Lie back and catch some zzzzz's. When you are ready to get up, just yell for someone to come help you. I got some of my best sleep on the couch in the early days.
 
I spent hours and hours on my couch! It has loose cushions, so I would take one of the back cushions and put it under my legs. I'd have my ice pack, and my flip top bottle of water, a book and the remote control, at least two cats purring, and I'd lie there pumping my toes, just as happy! I'd read a while, watch a while, doze a while...I really kinda enjoyed those days.
 
Life is good today, my friends...because all of you are in it and I'm feeling pretty darn good!:puppysmooze:
 
Glad you're feeling so much better---must have gotten the right dose of pain meds from the pharmacy, finally:egypdance:
Are you on the sofa, yet? It really is the best for:zzz:
 
I am so, so glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your recovery.:happydance::yay:
 
O.K. So I tried getting in my low car today. Not as easy as getting up into my daughter's SUV. My husband decided to go take a look and see what we could possibly get to replace mine. It's kind of nice car shopping from bed. lol!!!!!!:rotfl: Deb
 
I did the same thing, shopping for my new car with the internet and a phone. I needed a new one anyway, but I ended up with a Honda CRV and I can get in it easily and no pillows needed
 
Hmm..hip replacement equals new car. I love that idea.
Wow,you seem so much better today Deb. wishing you continued days like this...
 
I love new car shopping! It is so much fun when you comparison shop and then have the dealer's trying to underbid each other. Love, love, love it.
 
I got a really pretty Buick Enclave. Getting in and out is so much easier! My blood levels indicated I was at 4.27 so doc said to not take it tonight and then cut down to 2.5mgs tomorrow. I had to take the TED hose off tonight to be washed. I read that you can take them off at night anyway. Anyone heard this? My plan is to put them back on in the morning nice and clean. I've ordered a 2nd pair. My pain is so much more controlled now. Should I lower my dosage any or just continue as is? Oh...I'm on the couch and it feels g r e a t !!! Deb
 
Yay, on the couch! Can't advise on the TED hose, I only had them in the hospital for 2 days. Stay ahead of the pain; you'll know when to taper off.
Congrats on new car! What a nice post-op present. You deserve it.
 
:friends: :friends: :friends: Such wonderful news on your comfort. I did read you could take them off at night as well. I would not cut back on pain meds until I was absolutely certain. Catching up is hard so they say. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
 
I was told to take of the TEDS at night, you are just under the right pain control and feeling good, don't chage you regimen now.
I guess we are both spoiled as we now both have new cars that are hip friendly.
 
Great post! Sorry to see you that you still have to wear the TEDS. But it sounds like you are doing great!

Tammy
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
Great report, Deb. And I agree---keep taking those pain meds
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
as prescribed for the present---you want to stay ahead of the pain. Being pain free helps promote healing by allowing your body to get the rest it needs. If the TEDs help with controlling swelling, then I'd wear them in the day time for the next week or two. Otherwise, I'd just put them away in the drawer and forget them. As long as you are moving around some every hour or so and do ankle pumps when you're propped up elevating and icing
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
, you should be fine.


Just follow the BoneSmart mantra, take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] It's over!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom