Guest viewing is limited

PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

I so agree with you @SuperSnapper - my maternal grandmother could never do very much because of the same reason. We are lucky to be born into this age where a decent, busy life doesn't have to end because of arthritis.
 
Thank you for increasing my vocabulary- I had to look up "stiles". There's nothing like that here in the western U.S. I'll bet they're making you stronger!
 
So nought to pole vault over in western us then

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Realised today after a day out walking and lunch that I didn't think about my knee at all until bed time!
 
@Clipless We have wooden stiles, stone stiles and squeezes which are narrow stone openings in walls that you literally squeeze through. On some country walks you can have lots of stiles! We also have clapper bridges up here in Yorkshire, which are narrow flat stone bridges about 18" wide with no sides, generally over shallow streams. All landscape features which are tricky with bad knees and poor balance! Makes for interesting outings.
 
Been bothered for nearly a week now by pain in my knee which has not been there before, It's not hot or swollen - just a sharp pain right over the implant and it's woken me up at night once with aching. However, I have iced and rested and just today it is feeling a bit easier so fingers crossed.

Don't know what started it off as I haven't been to the gym for nearly two weeks as we've been away twice for 3 nights seeing friends and family. Done a bit of walking but much less than I normally do - hey ho. I just hope it's a temporary blip. And it was all going so well...

I'm going to keep my eye on it but really hope todays improvement lasts.
 
I fully sympathise with you @SuperSnapper, it is so frustrating to go backwards, but as we know, the knee is in charge, so we just have to wait for it to heal in it's own time. I hope that it doesn't take too long for you to get back to where you were before. xxx
 
@SuperSnapper - sorry to hear your knee is "talking" to you. I've found that sometimes it's a movement that didn't hurt at the time or I was even aware that I had twisted something. I learned, the hard way, that there are certain excercises in the pool that my knees aren't ready for yet. I'm sure yours will be happy in a day or so after you've given it the 5 Star treatment.

Did you have a fun time on your mini breaks??? Also, thanks for being brave and digging deeper into my Flickr account and for your comment on my dahlia photo. I want to get out with my new camera but my back has decided it isn't happy.
 
Hiya snaperooo, it might just be one of those didnt realise id done it twists etc. Keep resting it with gentle stretches.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Threads thanks for the message. I think you are right. It definitely was a movement I did that I wasn't aware of that must have set this off. It does seem to be getting a bit better - back to the old ice packs again - thought I'd finished with those but it works wonders still.

We enjoyed our mini breaks thanks and my knee didn't hurt at all during the first one. We went to Canterbury - lots of cobbled streets and Dungneness - lots of shingle beaches and the knee coped well with both. It was only a few days after that it started up. The photography at Dungeness was great , I posted one on flickr.

I enjoyed your flower photos a lot- you have a real eye for them. I'm sorry to hear that the back is still bothering you. If it's not one thing with us , it's another as my mum used to say.

lots of love to you via the Polar route and have a lovely Easter.

Mary x
 
@Legin Thanks pal. I think the knee is improving but still taking it easy here and ice, ice, icing. Family walk today so I'll see how it all goes and how much I can manage.
Hope you have a very happy Easter.

Mary
 
Will do and nae following eggs down the hill. My daughters are comimg home so yaaaaaay I miss them so much although im a tad worried they havent seen me with this nerve pain development,

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Enjoy your time with your daughters.

I survived a country walk today - about a mile with no increase in knee ache in fact it's a bit better again.

I hope you get some relief from your nerve pain soon and that your symptoms are more easy to cope with.

Thanks for all your kind messages.
 
2.5 mile walk today. First proper walk since my setback. Knee hurt a bit but is OK now. Trying the gym tomorrow.
 
Ty had the best time, and well done you. BUT easy does it impetuous one

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay Thanks. As I said to legin, I am being very careful after my recent setback. Although I still don't know what caused it and it definitely wasn't exercise or walking as I've been away too much lately for regular exercise. However, things are improving and I am still icing after walks etc which has helped again.
Just goes to show how long this recovery is- I am 19 weeks out from surgery today!
Hope it's all going well for you. Any news on the bike riding?
 
Back
Top Bottom