PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Isn't it great about the knees!
Bummer with the weather though :( . You can get the train in from Hayle to St Ives too. St Ives is quite good to explore. Hope Mr Ellejay enjoys his long walk.
Hope your day is not too soggy.
xx
 
@SuperSnapper

You are doing so well. I just read a few of your posts back. Excellent and fantastic progress. Hope the judging went okay x x x

It made me feels so happy for you when reading your thread, well done...woohoo!!! X x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 thanks so much! I've been really lucky, I think. I hope you get a change of luck too. Your next surgery should help with your new knee too. It's probably been taking quite a bit of strain .

I'm convinced that because I was well enough to exercise before the surgery and did a lot, that really helped with getting better.
I mostly forget about the knee now except for the odd twinge and it clunks a little sometimes but absolutely no pain.
The walk I'm doing on Wednesday, 5 miles , will be testing but hope I'll be able to manage it. I'll let you know.

Have a good day :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @SuperSnapper

Good luck with your walk. I love that you're doing so well x x x

I was working right up until two weeks before my first operation, I was doing exercises but my quads just didn't seem to respond. They are very difficult to build up. However I'm doing more now than I've done for a while. My TKR is so much better since the revision. I have my odd days where it's a bit swollen but it does go back down xxx

I'm off to PT this morning. I will post when I come back x have a lovely day!!!

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@SuperSnapper, we are home again now, just for three nights , then we are taking the caravan to Gloucester for it's annual service. I am meeting a cousin I've never met whilst we are up there - should be interesting. Depending on the weather we may stay in the area for a few days, apparently the Severn Bore will be worth seeing this coming weekend, but if it doesn't get warmer I'm not sure I want to be away from home!
I hope you enjoy your walk this week, Mr Ellejay did almost nine miles along the coastal path on Friday, too much for me. I enjoyed a beautifully sunny day in St Ives. We stayed in Somerset on Saturday night, and went for a woodland walk yesterday before we left for home. I was really disappointed to be beaten by a stile, I just could not get over it however I tried, my knee just would not bend sufficiently. We had to retrace our steps which was annoying.
Take care xxxx
 
@Ellejay Have to admit I'm with you on the stiles! My hear sinks when I see one. There were a few on the last walk and I managed but someone had to hold my sticks and my hand! I felt a right twit! You'll beat the stiles eventually. We also have squeezes here which are a bit easier but always seem to have slippy stones!
Glad to hear you enjoyed St Ives. It's a great little place for photography too. the Severn Bore should be pretty impressive but don't try waterskiing up it!
I've worked in Oxfam this morning, been out for lunch and shopped abit, then sat through a two hour meeting and come home and the knee has been grand. But I'm having weird tingly sensations in the numb bit of my knee - I think the nerves might be tring to mend.
Enjoy your Gloucester break.
 
I would suggest pole vault them but last time I did pole vault at the point where pole suddenly springs you up as you are upside down, SNAP. there ended my pole vaulting career it was ok inlanded on my head.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Don't think that's for me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:But I have a lovely image of you!:rofsign:NO the stiles will remain a problem to be overcome by will power.
 
Noooooooo seriously it cut my cheek a few inches other way would hv been alas poor legin

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Aye I am mind you can get a good distance on crutches yup got told off by physio for doing it but in my defence I was making a break for it. Snaperooooo when I think back to your first posts and wow look at you now. Consistant sensible recovery well done you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Aw thanks, Nigel. I am really grateful for your kind words and support. Even when times have not been easy for you, you are always kind and thoughtful and encouraging not just to me but to loads of other. You are a real pal.
 
Oh errrrrrr naaaaawwww its always easy to be nice to nice people. Plus I sooooo much prefer to laugh than be down, its why I got meds changed sooo wahaaaay .

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well, it turned out to be 4.5 miles again - not the 5 as advertised but quite a bit of up and down and rough ground. I managed fine - no after effects at all. The weather was ok when we started at Ribblehead but it got misty and overcast but we were in the pub by then.

Have you been to Gloucester yet? Hope the weather is/was good for you. I think the countryside around is lovely. We have friends in Chepstow which is the only time I get down there these days. Have you ever visited Malvern which is about 20 miles further north? We lived there for ages and loved every minute. The walking is great on the hills.

Busy day today, sick granddaughter all afternoon and then tonight I am looking after the boys while Mr P and daughter go to see a rugby league match. Hope the boys go to sleep quickly!

Have a great weekend, Lyn xxx
 
We did get to the Gloucester area, but our plans were changed at the last minute, and the caravan dealer couldn't take our van for servicing as planned, so we visited my cousin at Slimbridge overnight, spent a few hours at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (knee coped very well) and came home the next day. A bit disappointing, but these things happen. We have to go back next month, but we will already be in Devizes, so it won't be too far to go.
I love the Malvern Hills, walking there is wonderful.
I'm glad you managed your Ribblehead walk, well done. Sounds like a lot of Grandma duty this weekend, I hope your grand daughter feels better soon, xxxx Lyn
 
managed 1100m on the rowing machine today! Whoop! Plus rest of gym stuff - approx 1 hour in total. Was walking back to my car ( I normally walk to the gym but things to do today) and thinking how very fortunate I am to have this surgery at this age. My grandma on my dad's side had such bad arthritis in her 50s that she was confined to bed for the rest of her days. She died not long after in constant pain. Thank goodness for research and surgeons and the wonderful British NHS which we need to protect at all costs!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom