PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@ Threads Went off happily to do my Oxfamming and there was a short snowy blizzard on the way so I carried on and arrived at the shop. I sorted clothes etc for about 1 1/2 hours and then happened to go up into the shop to take something and lo and behold, the snow was laying on the ground - a couple of centimetres only but enough for me to go straight home. I am a real baby in snow and so nervous about falling down. Anyway by the time I got home, the sun was shining and all the snow here had melted. We've got the same thing happening today too.

Im going to go our and take some photos today anyway as I need to!

I'm looking forward to your photos next week, if you put them on flickr. The tree top canopy walk sounds fun. Your twins will think you are such a cool grandma if you do it. Enjoy your high school concert.

xxx
 
Hmmmm be careful we have a few inches of snow and more forcast - makes the snowball of snowballs and looks to Hadrians Wall

Legin THR Sep 14
 
- works on levitation powers.
When you learn that levitation, @Legin , clue me in. :heehee: Getting up from the floor is still tricky for me--I need a chair or something to help.
 
Good luck with your four miler today. Please let me know how it goes x I think it's great for you to be able to do this x x x x ((((hugs)))))! X x xx
 
@SuperSnapper - Great to hear how well you are doing Mary. I am in awe! My recovery is somewhat slower. I can now walk up and downstairs like a 'big girl'. Cycling isn't really happening, I can do a couple of backward revolutions but find it painful. I can also get in and out of the bath - something I have missed, showers are just not the same at night time. I am still having a lot of swelling which affects my whole lower leg and ankle so ice is still a big part of my life. I think it's a matter of getting on with it and just doing as much as I can. I am in training for our big family holiday to Disney World in 4 months. I know I will need to be fitter and have more stamina (and be thinner) to keep up with them all! It's good to read that recovery is happening for most Bonesmarties.
Deb x
 
I did it! 4 and a 1/2 miles up hill and down dale. Perfect walking weather and lovely views too. Knee feels great but my stamina leaves a bit to be desired. My group is very good and kept encouraging me along the way and slowing down a bit for me. Someone else produced energy sweeties for me to take! It was a lovely atmosphere and everyone congratulated me at the end too.

@deb Great to hear from you. I keep meaning to email you. You do sound like to are making steady progress even though it's slower than you hoped. I think I was lucky to have a partial so can't compare recoveries at all but I am sorry to hear about the swelling. That must be a bit boring having to keep icing but it does help with the pain too. I still ice now and again if I've been on my feet too long and my knee swells or I do something silly like last week when I twisted it getting off the floor and spent two days worrying about what I had done!

You have to keep focussing on your holiday. I'm sure by then things will be so much better for you. I can do the stairs but sometimes when I'm tired I forget and do it the baby way. Thinner? What does this word mean? ( Trying to ignore the 8lbs I put on as soon as my appetite came back!) Keep in touch and let me know how things are going xx

@Nana moon 27 Nice avatar!
 
@Nana moon 27 thanks so much. I am a bit tired tonight but it was worth it. We are really lucky round here , there are some amazing walks. Today's one was in the Dales and it was beautiful and sunny , wonderful Dales scenery with snow on the tops topped off with a lovely lunch.
When I got back, I had a nap for an hour but will go to bed early too. My new knee is very strong. The right one twinges a bit but I know it will need doing eventually but fo now I'll just make the most of the new one.

Have you had a good day?
 
Well done! Four and a half miles is such an achievement in such a short time. Isn't it so great to walk with the pain of arthritis?
I'm another one who has put weight on, I didn't lose my appetite for long unfortunately, and I've put on 6 lbs this time. Now the hard work starts to lose it plus the weight from the first TKR and sitting around for the last year, oh well!
 
@Ellejay It was lovely to walk without the arthritic pain. My knee felt so good. But the uphills made me realise how unfit I am after a long break from walking distances. The group I go with were all so kind to me today and I felt really confident once I'd got going. I've been walking with them for about 3 years now so it's like going out with good friends.:hiking:Looking at the animation I realised add a hat and hair with my extra pounds , it's a dead ringer for me!
Hope you have another good day tomorrow.
 
Hey snaperooooooo now thats just showing off, tsk tsk. Chortle. Nice one truly happy for you. I love the dales many happy memories as a child thomoften got wet ooooopsie

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin thanks my Northern Pal . The Dales are wonderful. We keep exploring bits we haven't been to before. Yesterday we were in Linton in Craven - brilliant waterfall and lovely village with a great pub too. What more could a walking group want?
Hope you have a good day today. Cleaning day here after all the fun I had yesterday:blackcloud:
 
The walk sounds wonderful! Congratulations!!!

I had hoped that I might lose a bit of weight after the op but sadly no, thankfully I haven't "found" any either though so I'll count that as a bonus :)
 
@SuperSnapper - how are you after your busy day? Were you going for 'Grandma of the Year' award? I'm glad that you feel well enough to take on having them all, your family must be so pleased for you and for them.
Have a good,restful day today xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay . I'm absolutely fine thanks. It was a busy day but great to be able to do it all and it was so busy, I forgot about the knee! Well, until I tripped over a step taking the boys home but managed to right myself so no fall. Phew! I think my balance is so much better now than before which helped.

Today , I might go to the gym but have a meeting tonight too where I'm helping judge photos and give a commentary at Camera club so will be on my feet for two hours. Should be a good night though. I went out taking photos the other day and took a heavy bag with lots of gear and my tripod and we walked for at least 2.5 miles up quite a few hills. The photos were rubbish but I enjoyed the outing. Next week my group us walking around Ribblehead Viaduct - it's about 5 miles so a new challenge but no camera gear that day.

Hope you are enjoying your break and the weather is still good. I love Cornwall. It will look great in the sunshine.
Take care of those knees.
Mary x
 
Just realised tonight at 15 weeks since surgery, that I have finally given up my afternoon nap! I feel quite sad - don't really need it anymore and haven't had one for a few days now. I really enjoyed my naps but life has taken over.
My knee is amazing! It just gets better and stronger each week. I'm enjoying the gym too and walking a lot The rowing machine and the knee don't entirely get on but I'm working on that and building up slowly.

Still get a bit tired and a bit stiff but not enough to warrant a snooze in the pm. And I'm sleeping really well at night. :sleeep::sleeep::sleeep:

Night everyone x
 
I've just said almost the same over on my thread, I'm not walking quite as far as you are yet, but my knee is definitely getting stronger, and my sleeping pattern is back to normal. Life is good again!
My only problem is that the weather here has been awful,yesterday and today it has poured with rain, and been very misty. My husband is doing an eight mile coastal path walk tomorrow, the forecast is for some sunshine at last, so fingers crossed. He is leaving me in Hayle, where I can explore and then get a bus into St Ives, and explore some more, until we meet up later. It is only fair he gets at least one really decent walk in this week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom