PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Major milestone today. Proper 1 hour gym session with my usual pre operation floor exercise. My bend is now back to what it was before! And I could do ALL my exercises with no issues. Just have to master a more elegant way to get off the floor! On the up!
Now enjoying a well earned rest. :dancy::spin::happydance::happydance:
 
That's great news - and here comes the "but" - still pace yourself so you don't take a step backwards again :yes:

I'm looking forward to getting up off the floor, elegantly. I can't even get down as "gracefully" as the chap in the video manages to do, but at least we can get up and down! Enjoy your evening!
 
@Threads Thanks for looking out for me. The knee feels great but I do spend at least an hour in bed most afternoons at the moment and that keeps me on track I think.

I took quite a few photos in the last week and have posted a few on my flickr page. I got all my macro gear out this afternoon and I haven't done that for ages. Not much to show for it but I'll keep practising.

Hope you have enjoyed your weekend and you have had some "me" time too. :yahoo:
 
I've just popped over to Flickr - I do like your cat! Well placed and good, sharp focus. Do you have a tent for your small items? I bought a table top one a number of years ago for textiles, and I can shift the lights on the outside to catch the sheen of the fabric, if there is any. I just realized I never put any of my weaving up on Flickr - I put it up on Ravelry which is a huge knitting/weaving base forum. Here's a silk scarf I photographed in the tent, prior to surgery. Haven't done any weaving since - just planned projects ;-)

[Bonesmart.org] It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery
 
@Threads What a beautiful scarf. You are obviously a real expert. It's gorgeous! Love the colours. I'll look out if you post some on Flickr.

Yes, I have a tent, it's massive and I can use lights with it. My son bought it for me. It's really useful for macro and close ups.

Thanks for your comment about the cat. It was a bit of fun. I took my granddaughters to a place where you can paint pottery. I wasn't going to have a go but couldn't resist it and the cat was the result. Great fun. I think I enjoyed it more than the girls! Might even go back and have another go on my own.
 
Hi @SuperSnapper

Wow how well you are doing. I'm so pleased for you ((((((big hugs))))) x the successful gym session and now a 4.4 mile walk with rambling group on Wednesday. No stopping you now. Fantastic news and report. I'm absolutely over the moon for you. Well done x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 Thanks for the visit and the good wishes. Just done another gym session and went on the cross trainer and rower -both part of my pre-op routine but too uncomfortable until now. Did 5 mins on each and it was fine. The knee aches a bit now but I did a whole hour of various things so not surprising.

There was one funny moment. I find it difficult to get up from the floor so usually choose a mat near a bench where I know I can lean to help. So I'm down on the floor and some man moves the bench to do some exercises , finishes and then leaves it! So there I am, beached whale, trying several ways to get up,kneeling on my new knee !!! and finally managing to drag myself over to a waste bin to heave myself up! Not elegant at all! I wish I could perfect getting up off the floor!
 
Oh @SuperSnapper, I'm so sorry, I just couldn't help laughing out loud at the thought of you stranded, what must have gone through your mind when he moved that bench? I am sorry, I'm not usually horrid and cruel, but it did paint a picture :rotfl:. I have now mastered the totally inelegant but effective way of getting up, by rolling onto my side, coming to my front, then with mainly all the weight on my hands rather than my knees walking my hands backwards towards my feet (down dog yoga position if that means anything) and standing from there. I am doing lots of Pilates exercises to help sort my pelvis out, so I need to get up from the floor a lot.
I've spent time this morning on my static bike, I've lowered the seat a lot, and I must admit it is a bit painful, I could only do 1Km, and that was after a lot of rocking back and forwards and then cycling backwards. I've even turned down the chance to go clothes shopping this afternoon with my husband - I need to ice and elevate!
Have a great weekend, xxx
 
@Ellejay It's OK to laugh. It must have been quite amusing for anyone watching. I will try your way of getting up - that one might work for me as I get down that way. My shoulders can be a bit of a problem sometimes when I try to put a lot of weight on them but definitely worth a go.

Sounds as if you need some down time. These knees are so unpredictable and your new one doesn't sound as if it behaves as the other one did. Take care and lots of icing, please. My but it's tiresome to have to keep slowing down but one day this will all be behind you.

I had a longish walk yesterday and my new knee was great but my other knee started catching and locking coming down quite a steep hill. I stopped and stretched it out and managed to get it going ok but I so much want to put off doing anything else to it for a while. My micro fracture on that knee has lasted about 14 years so it is well past its sell by date! I know there are cysts in the bone from MRI but the surgeon was hoping I'd get another couple of years out of it. We'll see. Maybe all the exercise and knee strengthening I am doing will help. Must remember too to take walking poles for downhills.

Hope you have a lovely weekend with lots of rest and that next week is much better.
 
So nice to see the reports of a back to normal knee in the gym!! Sorry about your being momentarily stranded - does your gym have those step up blocks where anyone can use them? Perhaps if you station one of those by your mat you'd have a higher surface to rise from and people would assume you were using it and not take it.

I have a whole slew of inventive ways to get off of the floor - perhaps I should create my own you tube video for my 15 seconds of TKR fame :rofsign: We'll have to change this to roll on the floor....literally!!
 
@TexasTee They do have the step up blocks! Great idea!

I'm really enjoying being back in the gym and doing my normal routine. It's kind of empowering after surgery to think I can still do it. Not a gym bunny but really appreciate the good it does my joints. A physio recommended I used the gym when I had knee surgery years ago and I have mostly kept up with it except for a short break when I was doing a lot of walking instead.

I am looking forward to your you tube video - you might make some money out of it! This could be a whole new career for you! :rofsign:
 
Fun portrait shots on Flickr! What were you using to frame all but one of them? It's certainly a challenge to take anyone's photo when they see a camera pointed at them - especially children. Great photo shoot!
 
- works on levitation powers. You know I never really thought about getting up till the ladies here pointed it out I just get up often its sore esp now other hip is calling. Sooooooo I just tried it. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeersh when i had to think about it. Ended up doing a press up in style of final pose of figure skating. Just proves point I shouldnt think. Oooooooops well done snaperooooooo good luck with walking group.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Threads Thanks so much for looking at my photos. I took them at the Royal Armouries - local museum of national importance. There was a cut out of a knight with a space to stick a head through so all the children had to have a go. It's a free museum so we take the kids at half term holiday as there are always special events. This time it was actually all about Japan with lots of armour and stories .
Hope you are doing well. I'll pop over to your thread later today. Off Oxfamming now.
 
@Nana moon 27 thanks for asking. I'm fine what about you?

The knee is great - trying it out on a 4 miles walk later this week. Aches a bit and the odd twinge of pain but nothing significant.

Hope yr weather is better today. We've had a tiny bit of snow this morning and now the sun is out! Roll on spring!

@Legin glad you managed the getting up off the floor. It's not easy or elegant but useful if there's a fall etc. I'm trying to do it a few times a week hoping it will get easier and I begin to look less like a beached whale!

Have a great day, my Even More Northern Pal!
 
Me fall hmmmmmm there goes that being watched again

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You've got some interesting places to take the grandchildren. We have our twins for 4 1/2 days next week so will probably have some opportunities to take some photos. There is a tree top canopy walk which I might see if I have the courage to do with them. Fingers crossed for nice weather and no rain! In the meantime we have a high school spring concert to go to, plus, plus! Hope you had a good Oxfaming day.
 
Back
Top Bottom