PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Beautiful here. Pic is river Tay in Perth. Went for walk with dogs today . Big bank dog drops ball legin goes to retrieve ball oooooooopsie 15ft ooopsie with wild roses at bottom.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @SuperSnapper

I'm not getting alerts for you. Don't know why. I will check my setting. Not getting them for a few people at the moment.

I'm pleased you went out and did some photography. I bet your pictures are lovely. Oh and how wonderful to have your hair done after 12 weeks. It's nice to feel good when your hair is done.

You're doing well and being oh so sensible. Well done!!! As regards teaching that's how I'm feeling now. The thought of all that planning, marking and assessment. However, I think once my next knee is done I will be goi back. It's not suiting me being at home. Although now I am getting used to not having to do hair and makeup and smart clothes every day. They are keeping both of my lecturing job and assessing job open at the College, I've been reassured that they are not going to try to get rid of me or anything. While I'm on sick leave, although the sick (half) pay has run out now, as long as my medical certificates are sent in on time they have no problem and legally cannot terminate my work. Phew!

Well done with your recovery, you are doing ever so well and it's a posture to read it x

It grey here too. Miserable x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Glad you are resting snaperooooooo whoooot Scotland just scored

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Aye but just a game. I played to a fairly high level although told to stop playing but hey got to havea reason for my hips and knees

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Week 12

Still doing fine, back on track after last week's blip. I have learned that Everest is off! I won't be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro or doing the New York Marathon! However with care and a bit of sense, I will be climbing hills in Switzerland in June!:hiking:
  • Booked a holiday in the Romansche area of Switzerland, driving down and stopping in Alsace on the way.
  • Took my two granddaughters out yesterday and had fun.
  • Cut down on the exercise a bit this week but hope to pick it up again gradually.
  • Nasty new pain I had behind my knee is going with rest and my Achilles is better too!
  • My numb area is getting smaller: tingly pains in that area:groan:, I think , may be bits knitting together.
  • Now and again I go upstairs, get to the top, realise I did it the proper way without thinking about it at all! :yay::yay:Now to work on going down without thinking.
So, doing OK. Last week reinforced the idea that I am not Superwoman :holysheep::hissy::hissy:and it's better to slow down, rest the knee and recover gradually rather than keep on pushing.

I still can't get off the floor like the Japanese gentleman but have to lean on something. Keep on practising that one!:no-fin:

Once again thanks for all the support along the way. :flwrysmile:
 
Love the tick off pionts.... the healing pains are funny...they pop up like those ground hog things at fairs that you have to wack with a hammer. I also get the pain behind one knee..so i just dial back a bit and keep going. Seems to work.
Great update...keep gping...Europe souns fabbo. Top goal to aim for. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
@SuperSnapper - great report! It's not how high you climb or if you run - it's that you can climb and walk the walk. Somebody jokingly suggested the other day that we should sign up for the Sun Run (one of Vancouver's marathons). I sort of looked at her with a "what, are you crazy" face on and she reminded me that I could walk it! I've done that in the past and I'm sure I could again, just not this year. Sorry you had to learn the slow down lesson the hard way - but, I guess that's how we learn what too much is.
 
@Threads You are so right. I went for a day out with with all four grandkids yesterday. Something I would have not done in the months before my operation. It felt really good and my knee behaved well. We are all very fortunate to have had the benefit of this type of surgery so we can walk and stand and climb stairs without that awful arthritic pain.
I'm not sure about a Marathon walk but nothing's impossible! Watch this space!
 
Do a snicker one then. As ever grand report snaperoo thanks for your kind words sorry for being a tad down. Take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin You are entitled to feel down now and again. This is hard road and you have some difficult problems still to overcome but you will get there. I will have to have my other knee done at some point and just the thought of that gets me down a bit and you are facing surgery soon so enough to give anyone the eebejeebies! You are a great support to us all so have a moan as and when you feel like it.

On a lighter note my 4 year old grandson told me yesterday that, " Because you are so old, we will just pretend you can swing me in the air!" So we walked along me, his mum and him with him pretending to be swung up!
 
Busy week this week and knee is much better, achy at night but not enough to keep me awake. Still swells up a bit - funny but swells around the numb area! Not sure why. My scar still looks purple at times so I guess still healing in there. Wonder how long before scar goes white? Odd pains crop up, not enought to take anything for but my pains seem to wander around my knee area as if they've lost something or they aren't sure where they are supposed to be! Is everyone having similar experiences?

Out taking photos today. It's sunny here! Spring is def coming, birdies are singing and all the spring bulbs are popping up their heads, wow!

One for @Legin

" The spring is sprung.
The grass is ris
I wonder where dem birdies is?
The little birds are on the wing.
Ain't that absurd?
The little wings are on the bird!" Spike Milligan
 
Sounds like you've got solid progress going on there. You've done so well - when you haven't overdone it. I don't have much pain anymore. Like @Maggie94 - I have one well behaved leg and one that still reminds me that I let someone do some brutal stuff to it. However, the discomfort doesn't move around and it's normally when I stand or go up and down the stairs like a normal person. My scars are still shades of pink and purple with the odd spot where it's disappearing. The part of the scar on the top of my left leg is still quite prominent so I imagine it will be the last to fade.

Looking forward to seeing some of your new photos on Flickr.

Loved the Spike Milligan piece you put up for @Legin!
 
Back
Top Bottom