PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Must be my animal magnetism yes sorry snaperooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ce n'est pas rien, mes amis! J'adore la belle France aussi et nous avons passe plusieurs vacances en France. J'aime Bretagne, Haute Savoie et Alsace. Magnifique!

Not perfect but much better than my German!
 
-ponders whats french for chortle

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@SuperSnapper - I'm totally impressed. Carried your own camera bag AND tripod for two hours! We're you switching lenses as well? I found that a bit more challenging - balancing and concentrating on not sending a lens crashing to the floor. I must get a lighter tripod - mine is very heavy. I would have benefited from it in the conservatory but didn't think I could carry it. I like the idea of a 3 hour natter - with food on the side.

You are doing amazingly well - congratulations! I'm off to the pool to work on leg strength.
 
@Threads Yes, I did carry my bag but took the minimum but I did change lenses twice.

Today, I've been tired so had my hair cut @Ellejay first time for 12 weeks! It feels so good. Then I did a gym session with a bit on the rower , up to 600mm now and since then I have been snoozing on the sofa. Such a lazy afternoon but I am a bit tired today.
@Legin A good chortle never did anyone any harm!
 
Tiring week. Been out almost every day somewhere and having a couple of days at home now. Next week looks hectic too! My achilles is playing up on my operated leg and as I've had plantar fasciitis before, I am going to get some rest in over the weekend. Plantar fasciitis is an absolute nightmare and I can't face it again.
 
It's surprising now many of us on here have suffered from PF, I'm sure it's partly the cause of my problems. It started with PF, then once that was treated I got Achilles tendonitis in the other leg, because my walking was so bad, and then my first knee started to play up, on the original leg where the PF had been. Luckily it has never returned, but my poor daughter is suffering from it at the moment, it is horrible.
 
@Ellejay. It is awful. Your poor daughter! I've had it three times now. The first was terrible. I could barely walk at all and the pain in the mornings was unbearable. Then last year I had it in the left foot , the side I've just had the knee done. Physio, cortisone , accupuncture all were useless. I had to give up my walking groups and was limping everywhere. Eventually it just went but I'm convinced the limping about made my knee worse. Both my sons have had it too.
I am a bit worried about the Achilles so am going to rest a bit. Bitten on the behind again!
Hope you are back on track? These setbacks are annoying but lots to be thankful for too.
Half term next week and things planned with the children so have to be back on form for then.
Mary x
 
@SuperSnapper - you sure packed a lot into your week! I'm sorry to hear you've had repercussions from all your new found normality and fun :-( Maybe you can do some creative, at home things with the grandchildren on their school break - interspersed with gentle outings to give your a Achilles a chance to heal? I've just bought white t-shirts that I'll prepare for the twins to dye in onion skins on their break. We'll have them for 4 days while their Mom joins their Dad on a trip to NYC (he's going for meetings).

Take care of yourself!
 
Hiya snaperooooo. I have errr had problems with both achilies one totally snapped and the other a tear. I have learned to keep an eye on them as both can suddenly tighten up. The snapped one is still about 3 times normal size as surgeon haf great trouble sewing it back together. I do reg stretches for them. Just slide foot back untill its tight and hold over a period of time foot gets further back. Be very aware of them when mine snapped I was playing football at work a loud bang I hit floor. I thoughy someone had taken me out then pain. 13 weeks in plaster. So be careful please.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ooh, @Legin that made me wince, ouch. Mine was only Achilles tendonitis, it never tore,but it still meant me being off school for two whole terms! I felt such a fraud, but it was just too painful to walk on. I was getting physio twice a week all that time - on the NHS, that's when I realised it was serious :heehee:. In the end it was a combination of acupuncture and deep tissue massage that did the trick, along with lots of ice and elevation......mmmmm, déjà vu? I never did go back to work full time after that, I took early retirement, and the school re employed me for two days a week, the following year one day, until I'd had enough.
 
@Threads good idea about the creative activities. I have a few ideas. I've got both granddaughters on Tuesday on my own and then we're going out for the day on Wednesday with the boys too.
Hope you have fun tie dying. All my four love doing things.
knee's still sore today , but not quite like yesterday. I think it's ice etc today.
@Legin Ouch! Your Achilles problems sound awful. Mine kept twinging last night , not had quite that sensation before. Except have had aches and tightness with the PF. I'll try the gentle stretches. I've got a few exercise from the physio from before. Oh well, it's maybe just a big Slow Down sign for me!
 
@Ellejay most people have never heard of PF. Like you I felt a real fraud at the time . One of those ailments where you look fine but you are in intense pain sometimes. With both new knees and good balance and walk, you should be clear of it permanently now. :happydance:
I need an easy weekend, quite a full two weeks coming up. No gym today, I think.
Hope your resting is paying off. Boring but necessary. :gaah::gaah::gaah::hairpulling:
 
Yes, totally boring @SuperSnapper. If we were couch potatoes we wouldn't mind this recovery malarkey would we? But because possibly our active lives got us into this predicament in the first place, we are double suffering, by having to have new knees AND having to rest for so long. We just can't win can we :heehee:.
 
@Ellejay. Well, I rested nearly all day yesterday - apart from a bit of housework - and things are a bit easier but not quite right. So taking it easy again , will have a 20 min walk later. I may even give Oxfam a miss tomorrow so that would be another days rest. Oxfam is tiring, sorting clothing, labelling all while standing up.
Hope your weekend is going well? It will probably be a quieter one than last week with the family.

Totally agree with your last post :rotfl:. And teaching became too much for me physically, long before my brain wanted to give up with the work. I did a job share for 4 years before I finished . However, I haven't missed it once , much too much going on and things to do.

@Legin see, I'm still being good. Like your new avatar , lovely colours. Hope you are having a good weekend. I just wish we could have a bit more sunshine around here. These grey days are soooo long.:tantrum2::tantrum2: I think I was a small mammal in a former life as I just want to hibernate when it's like this .
 
Hi ppl. All this talk of PF... That is a megga ouch!! I got it as a result of stuffed left knee...took 6weeks to get it under control with orthotic supports inside shoes 24/7 ....even trotting to the loo in the middle of the night on went the shoes. No sign of this little terrorist post op
SuperSnapper sounds like you are coming along nicely...good on you. Take care Maggie x
 
Back
Top Bottom