PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@Threads the knee feels better thanks - not quite right yet but def better than Monday.
Your mail made me smile. Today I am going to meet my walking group on their fortnightly walk. I can't manage 5 miles yet but am going to meet them on the return leg of the walk. It's a lovely bright day and we are going to walk part of the River Wharfe. :hiking:They are a really in good group and after the walk we have lunch in a pub. Perfect!
I was so bored resting yesterday , I went and bought some wool to kit a toy rabbit for youngest grandson. Not done any proper knitting for ages so it might bear no resemblance to the pattern when done but enjoying it so far.
Will pop over to your thread to see how you are doing.
Mary x
 
Rest it snaperoo will lob camomile bombs over hadrians wall

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. Chortling over the camomile bombs coming over Hadrian's wall! You are funny.

Won't do more than a couple of miles today, really. I did over three at the weekend. Whoop!

How's it going ,my wee northern pal?
 
Just going out hv sort of hit a wall but will get over it just well you know. Tut chortling at my bombs but a fellow chortler is easily forgiven. Live long and chortle

Legin THR Sep 14
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery
I walked up to this viewpoint on Wednesday!
 
Good for you girl looks very much like my work a huge gorge right next to it. Now I hope you planted a flag.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Week 11 report

  • Walked up big hills last week with no ill effects. Two miles in total.
  • Now back working in Oxfam on Mondays, did two hours today then lunch with a friend.
  • Out for the day tomorrow taking photos with a friend.
  • Have walked, stationary biked :upright:and rowed 6km today. I got back on the rowing machine:kayak:
  • with much nervousness , could I do it? Could I even get up again? Would it pull too much? Would I die of shame? Nope, it was OK only did 500metres but I do like to have a good row. Will get further next time, I hope.
  • More or less about 80% back to normal. Doing all my usual activities but not rushing anything. Still have a lie down in the afternoons when I can. Leg swells a bit, aches a bit but it goes down etc quite quickly now.
Once again, thanks for all the support. Next week will be my last weekly report as I'll just put any significant things after that. Like when I climb Everest, run a marathon, go bungy jumping :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rofsign::loll:

love to all in Bonesmart land. You are all lovely:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I loved your eleven week report,and can't wait to read about your ascent of Everest :heehee:. xx
 
@Legin being a Sherpa, do you fancy carrying my photo gear today? Just lifted it and weighs a ton:hiking:! Rethink needed
 
Nae probs hmmmmmm im more donkey tho far to verbose.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Manage to carry my camera bag and tripod and stood for two hours taking photos. But after that we went to Betty's in the gardens at Harlow Carr near Harrogate and had a three hour lunch and natter!

German for two hours in the evening left me shattered. But now I can ask my way to places in German.

Today it's gym, house work and hairdo and two Father Browns recorded on the Sky Box to snooze to in the afternoon

Phew!
 
Chortle at 3 hour lunch are you in France? Always found german a tad too gutteral im more parlez vous francais.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm with you there @Legin, I suppose it's because I didn't do German at school, but I'm quite happy speaking French (very slowly and fairly basically ) . I suppose that is why we usually go to France for our holidays.
 
Its amazing what comes back a number of years ago a metro guy tried to tell us we had to buy another 3 day pass after one had failed we didnt have to pay. Have you tried Corsica one of my fav places.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
No, haven't been there...yet. We did consider it last summer, but it was very expensive site to take the caravan over. We need to plan ahead (something we don't like doing on holiday) and leave the van on the mainland and book a hotel on Corsica for a few nights. Trouble is that ties us down to being in a set place at a certain time.
 
Only small island really buy massive variances in scenery. Many of the roads are more the ending of the Italian job than film. I got chased by wild boar as you do


Legin THR Sep 14
 
:rofsign:...NO......as only YOU do!!!
(Sorry @SuperSnapper, I hope you don't find this French conversation on your thread when you started to talk about German)
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom