Guest viewing is limited

PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@Wilma
Thanks ,Deb. As I said, I've been very fortunate.
You poor thing, Noro, is no fun! And the back strain too, one step forward, two back.
I do hope you soon begin to feel much better. The knee sounds really good though.
It is only 8 weeks isn't it? My brain is only just waking up properly. I had days when I did nothing but watch TV! Now I'm back to reading a lot and am going back to my German class tonight. Every activity I do means a rest later on but my down time is getting less each week. Hoping soon we'll both be back to normal.
Is your other knee arthritis free? Mine will need doing eventually but not for a couple of years, I hope. I want a bit of living first! :happydance::yay::flwrysmile::cool:
I know what you mean about the icy conditions, I am worried about falling so have been out to a few shopping centres to walk undercover.

Hope things improve very soon for you
Mary x
 
@SuperSnapper - well done on a Star report, that is great news, normal life can resume, isn't it wonderful?
I'm so pleased for you.
Keep it up, xxx Lyn
 
@SuperSnapper - what a great report! There's going to be no stopping you now! Spring is just around the corner - the buds on our evergreen clematis are getting bigger by the day, and it won't be long before the early spring bulbs will be popping out of the ground. Fodder for the camera. We have an early spring out on our coast, which is sometimes hard for my brother, buried in snow and freezing temperatures, on the other side of the Rockies in Alberta to take! Of course that doesn't mean we don't have months of rain still to look forward to.

Keep up the good work :egypdance: I'm finding that building muscle strength and stamina takes patience. My physio said to do my excercises in the pool - faster, using the water resistance to full advantage. Yesterday after my pool workout, it was my muscles that were sore - not my knees. A good sign that I'd made them pay attention.
 
Am.still.hmmmmmmmmmmm from Ellejays thread.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Week 9 report

  • Still recovering well
  • Walked 2.2 miles including a big hill!
  • Back at the gym and pool - taking it very slowly 15 mins aerobic and hamstring exercises then pool 10 mins for stretching. Going to do 3 times per week and increase time intensity very gradually as advised by PT. On other days just walking ( about 20 minutes) and stretching.
  • Sharing housework with husband but he does the vacuuming after it hurt my knee the other day
  • Trying to pick up activities outside the home like language classes, photography club etc but slowly. I try to only do one other activity per day. I can increase this as my stamina builds up.
  • No painkillers, very little ice except occasionally
  • Still elevating in afternoon and evening
  • Sleeping really well
Slow and very steady seems to be the way to go in my recovery. Some days I get the urge to do more but resist it! My natural indolence helps but I don't want to wreck this now.
Hope everyone else is recovering well. Thanks for ongoing support, humour and friendship.
 
Chortle. Now come on.you.couch.potato. Really.tho I'm in awe of your recovery well done you from a.v humbled numpty

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Great report @SuperSnapper and really encouraging. I'm only two weeks behind you, I'm not sure I will be doing all that in two weeks time, but I'm really pleased everything is going so well for you xxx
 
@Legin Thanks Legin, hope you are doing well today. How is the feeling going in the ankle and when do you get to see your GP about return to work?

@Ellejay Thanks. Two weeks is a long time with a knee! I feel so much better than two weeks ago . I am convinced it was all that resting and ice in the five weeks that did it. Very grateful I found this site too.
Hope you are feeling well too and taking care.

Just completed my first solo outing driving to Ilkley , shopping, meeting friend for coffee and driving home. Wow! A bit tired now but Knee behaved very well. I sat for two hours nattering with my friend and forgot all about the knee. The power of conversation!

German class tonight may be a step too far but I can put my leg up when I get there.
 
Seeing gp at end of week but work still not happy re swelling and.colour hmmmmmmmph

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@SuperSnapper - awesome report! You are doing so well - you'll be back wandering all over the place with your camera before you know it, and won't even remember your knee. Nice to hear you are back in the pool - my favourite place to do excercises.
 
Best to be concentrating on the walking! I have a small camera as well, I wanted one that gave me options when using it but it would fit in my purse or pocket. I've used that camera a lot - especially in the last few years and it's always so easy to grab and take along. Spring is in sight here, and I'm so looking forward to giving the new camera a workout! I still don't have the energy you have - I'm totally impressed with all you do.
 
Week 10 Report

This is going to be a "not much to report" report.
  • Walked 3.25 miles on Sunday and the knee was great. No after effects at all
  • Drove my manual car 8 miles yesterday. Bad news for the knee - had to get Mr P to bring automatic, we swopped cars and I drove his home. Knee very sore and achy behind knee cap. The clutch was just too much. :blackcloud:So I need a new car! Every cloud eh? So rested, iced elevated and better today but still a bit sore. Knee bites me on bum again! I am not superwoman :bignono:
  • Apart from that incident, which is I'm sure temporary, things are good. Starting to pick up my life again slowly. Meetings, camera club, Oxfam, interest groups, housework, cooking, baking etc etc. Found out my singing group "Anyone can sing" folded while I was off. Actually a mega relief cos after about one session, we'd already proved the groups name was a fiction! :tantrum:
  • Hoping to get out for more walks and some photography but making sure my sore knee is back to normal before I do too much. Slow and steady definitely wins this race.:elevate:
Hope everyone is having a good day.
 
I always love to read your weekly reports, hoping that in 2 weeks I might be like that, but I can't see myself walking 3.25 miles. Still, I know we mustn't compare.
Sorry about the car, that must have been so uncomfortable for you. Have a good rest before you start walking again.
 
@SuperSnapper - as you get better you'll have less to report. You are doing so well! Sorry you ended up taking a step backwards after using the clutch! Take it easy for a few days - like that's going to happen ;-)
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom