PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@Threads thanks for the birthday greetings! I've had two lovely days.

Hope you're doing well. Sounds as if you are having fun in the pool. I really love the cold weather when I'm not nursing a knee . But at the moment we both need to take care.

It was funny you mentioning the Teva sandals. I bought some last year and wore them constantly, they were so comfortable and great for walking. I'm buying another pair this year.

I'm doing pretty well now and though progress has slowed, I feel fine with my new bionic part.

Returning your hugs! And sending you lots of good wishes.

Your BTW made me smile. A Waterbutt is just a large plastic barrel for collecting waste water from dos pipes so we can use it in the garden. What do you call them?
 
We call them by a much more boring name - a rain barrel. I like your name much better. :loll:

With my Tevas, I'd worn out the Velcro but the sandals are still fine. So, thinking I would be frugal, I took them to a shoe repair shop and got all the Velcro replaced. It ended up not being cheap but what I was able to get were extended straps that now fit firmly over my very high arches. Win - win!

I put my 9 week report up on my thread this morning - things are progressing steadily :yes!:
 
Waterbutt is also when.I.fall in a puddle. Hope you are well snaperrrrrrrrooooooooo v stormy here if its same there I'm.hiding those poles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin morning! It was windy here last night but calmer now. And the snow has gone so I may get out for a walk before the next winds roll in.
We ended up with two birthday cakes dos my daughter made me one as well. Shame you don't live nearer!
Hope you stay warm and out of the winds.
 
Ok wont snaffle your poles. Ooooo would have loved to have cake and would hv whoooshed if there was some.for me. Errrrrrr thought I.would go.to loch.white horses are calling me
Take.care snaperoooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You never know yorkshire and sotland isn't that far away but being a secret agent my identity has.to be kept secret so.paper bag for.me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I just did my longest walk yet. 1 miles to my daughter's, quick stop for a coffee and then walked back.

Feel I have made progress with stamina today.:yes!::yes!::yes!:

Hope all my friends are having a good day to.:loveshwr:
 
Omg you are catching me.up I.had better go in.training. That pokey stick.is.getting.closer

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:yahoo: Two miles - that's really impressive! I gather the black ice has disappeared, so it's safe for walking. Our black ice is gone and it's rain and more rain in our forecast. You will have walked off the calories from those birthday cakes!!! Hope you are icing and resting now :yes:

Hugs across the Pole.
 
Thanks all, @Threads Black ice disappeared overnight with the rain so thought Id take advantage of the break in the weather. I do need help with the cake though. Ive iced and elevated since I got home but the knee feels great.
@Ellejay I need to get back to my walking groups but taking it steadily - don't want to undo all the good work.
@Legin I took my trusty pole but hardly used it .
 
7 weeks and 4 days
Bummer! Cold, snow on ground and frosty here today so no walk! Might have to go to the supermarket just to walk around. Can't wait for the winter to be over so I can rely on getting out everyday.
My gym membership which I suspended for two months starts again on Feb first so looking forward to that and swimming again. I aim to go 3 times per week but taking it slowly.
Slept for 8 hours last night again and still in bed catching up with emails etc.
Knee is feeling great. I went out for lunch yesterday and forgot about it for at least an hour while chatting. It didn't swell much so just elevated in the afternoon and evening but no ice. I using the ice less these days.just now and again.
Hope everyone has a good day today.
 
Goood for you lass yip.stupermarket has its uses. When I was retraining brain.for balance problem I.would stagger up.and.down chiller cabinets as they were the most problematic

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin love the stupermarket name. I hate going but it is a necessity sometimes.
I love the colours of winter and really have spent hours photographing winter (main hobby) but am finding the icy conditions really frustrating. I know it's only a minor frustration compared to what a lot on this site have to cope with.

Hope you are feeling good today and the wind has stopped blowing and the sun is shining.
 
Aye winter is grand. I like autum the hill takes on a myriad of brown hues. Used to do a lot of photography and dev own black and white pics
 
@SuperSnapper - I got all excited and thought you might have been out and about recently with your camera! What happened I enjoyed a bit of time going over again some of your fantastic photos on Flickr. Thanks for the trip back into photography, Mary! Since snow is part of your life now, have you checked out Alexey Kljatov Flickr page? It blows me away. Also mind blowing are the photos taken mostly in the mountains on the north shore of Vancouver. We see these mountains all the time, looking up at them. We've known Christopher J. Morley since he was a young lad in Cubs and Doug and Chris' dad ran the local Cub pack. I guess he got camping in his blood all those years ago and you can see the results on his Flickr page.

At least I've given you something to take your mind off not being able to go outside :)
 
Week 8

Had my follow up appointment with surgeon today and don't have to see him again until November. I got "Star Patient" status for my flexion and extension and am fine to drive, swim and go to the gym etc!

  • Sleeping well
  • Some swelling when I overdo things but it's minimal
  • No limp
  • No painkillers
  • Very little pain - apparently pinching pains can happen when walking but minimal again
  • My friend gel pac has been lurking in the freezer but only comes out to play occasionally now.
I've been so fortunate to have this recovery. I hope my reports can encourage others.:console2:

Some people have a much harder time, I know that . If I've learnt anything from this site it's that knees are all so different and some people have so many problems to contend with. It's been humbling to read about how they cope.

I'm not completely recovered , muscles tone and stamina need a lot of work but people I've met on here have been encouraging and helped me out and got me this far. So many thanks to everyone.
Happy knees and hips to you all :roseshwr::loveshwr::dancy::egypdance:

Mary x
 
@SuperSnapper - Hi Mary, I'm happy to hear you had a good follow up appointment. "Star Pupil' eh! haha You sound like you have had a perfect recovery. It's hard to believe that it's only 9 weeks since we had this done!

I forgot to ask about driving and gym stuff when I went to my follow up last week. I'm presuming that I can do all that anyway now.

I've had a couple of non knee related set backs over the last 2 weeks. I got a dose of Noro Virus from my mums care home which laid me out for over a week and as I began to recover I strained muscles in my shoulder and back so I'm having a double dose of physio - knee for 1/2 hour followed by shoulder and back! I am soooooo annoyed about it. Just as I was beginning to feel stronger.

My knee feels good even though I'm still limping quite badly and it swells when I overdo the exercise but elevation and ice helps. I don't need pain relief for my knee but sadly I've had to start it again because of my back. I'm looking forward to the weather improving so I can get out - it's far to slippery here to risk walking anywhere.

Keep up the good recovery

Deb x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom