PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Good morning @SuperSnapper, belated Happy Birthday :flwrysmile:
I'm so sorry I missed it yesterday, I hope you had a good one.
Your week 7 report is an inspiration to the rest of us, you have done so well. It shows the value of being fit before we start this process. You will be able to enjoy a wonderful summer walking in beautiful Yorkshire.
Well done and keep up the good work, xxxxx Lyn
 
@Ellejay you didn't miss my birthday. It's today! Thanks for the greeting.
We'll both be walking well. You in France on your hols and me in Yorkshire. Hope to go to Switzerland for some mountain air in May. You are doing so well too.:walking:And you on your bike too!

Hope you have a good day.

Mary x
 
@Ellejay after reading your thread today, I'm thinking of having a short walk in the woods tomorrow to try out my knee over some slightly more uneven ground. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Thanks @Legin I had a good day, treated to lunch by my lovely sis in law, got smellies, plant, flowers, more flowers and contribution towards a new camera I have been coveting for a while. All the family who live locally, including the small ones are coming to tea tonight so have cake to bake and ice before then. My daughter usually makes me one but she's been away for two days. It will be noisy but fun.:happydance::happydance:

While I was out having lunch, I forgot about my knee for about an hour! A few weeks ago I couldn't have managed to sit for more than 10 mins but now I can manage a couple of hours! Amazing.

Hope you are having a good day? It looks very cold in the even more frozen north but I be it looks really pretty in the sunshine. I hope it's sunny where you are too.

My walk on uneven ground has been postponed as we have some snow and I like to see where I'm walking!
 
Very wise lass. Big family shindig yeeeeeeehah love them. Oh and cake as my good friend donkey says Everybody likes cake. Sun out here but im giving bros kitchen quick clean and the bedroom i used before heading north. Well done on sitting. Other night i saw a friend i hadnt seen for thirty years. Sat for an hour. Paid for it later. Its been a good break. My head is clearer and ready to take the challenges ahead. As ever i enjoy blethering to you take care
 
I agree with @Legin nothing beats a big family gathering. I'm one of five, and we are all fairly close, so it's is great when all the cousins aunts uncles get together, but now we need to hire a hall for that. It's my husbands birthday next week, so there will be six of us for Sunday lunch and, of course, cake.
Have fun later xxx
 
Went out for a walk - only 20 minutes - nightmare! Snow on road outside has all gone so donned boots, etc and took walking pole and set off merrily. The roads on our small estate are atrocious, black ice etc and I nearly fell over 3 times but luckily the pole saved me! So back home now and very glad to be here. The rough ground in the woods would have been much safer. Lesson learned I think.
So if anyone else, in the UK with a new knee, is thinking of walking today and has snow on the ground - think again.
Phew!
 
Bring me some cake lol. ;-)

I don't eat much sweets.

Family is great and when there bigger it's fun


But it's all good until some one mad. Lest that way mine is.


Birthdays is fun. Kids love parents bday more than there own. Think just nosy. I laugh say I did not get nothing but knee;-) Kids said mom got new knee for holiday. ;-)


But seriously I hope u had a hood day. Daily family visits and gatherings is all important in keeping relationships strong.


Have bless day. Best regards.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Aye my daighters are at uni so dont see them much but they have to make their own lives
 
I'm glad you got home safely Supersnapper, it sounds very frightening. I've had a very lazy day, I haven't even been outside in the garden. I'm still working through the entire set of Sherlock DVDs, they have to go back to the library tomorrow, so I shall be here in front of the TV for a while yet.
 
Happy Belated Birthday, Super Snapper!!!

Spring will be here soon enough and you'll be waltzing through wildflowers up to your knees! I considered buying one of those Bosu Balls for balance training, then I remembered that hiking is free ...and awesome! I've hiked with one and two trekking poles but two feels safest for now.
 
The darned alerts!! Here I missed your birthday and your 7 week report :banghead:. I've just unfollowed you and refollowed you to see if that fixes the problem. I thought things were quiet at your end and here all sorts of things have been going on - birthday parties - plural - and awesome ROM reports. You are doing amazingly well.

I headed off to the pool this morning dressed in my usual pool gear. Cutoffs, Teva sandals and a jacket. I hadn't checked the temperature, not that it usually bothers us but it was about -2C so a bit chilly. No snow on the ground but had to watch for black ice. Thanks for the reminder about the poles - have them, they were adjusted correctly in rehab but they don't do me a lot of good sitting in the cupboard.

Happy belated birthday hugs and waves (not the tsunami kind) coming towards you over the Polar Route - watch for them.

BTW - what is a Waterbutt???
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom