PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Well done @SuperSnapper, I'm so pleased that your recovery is going so smoothly. Just remember it is still early in the recovery process, don't get over confident, but continue the way you are going and you will be out and about enjoying life quite soon.
 
Absolutely, a great report. You chose to take the "slow and steady" approach and now you are reaping the rewards - good for you :)
 
Magnifico- applause - note to.self claping holding egg not a.good idea

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin my turn to chortle! How are you doing today? Lovely and sunny here. Mr Ps new waterbutt got blown over in the night and is split. Great sadness as it was a Chrissy present. It wasn't even that windy either.
Testing knee today at a retail park. Mr Ps idea of hell so will have to keep him cheerful. Only thing worse woukd be Ikea! Hope the leg is behaving.
 
Im ok. . Not quite eggstatic tho. Ikea oh noooooo go in for a whisk and money is whisked away. Off later to see bro in N E. Leg no diff but walks upto 3 miles. Hills next but wee ones.toodles
 
Read your post re bend on Elijay whoooot go girl i bet you were so chuffed. Eyes smiling thats the way lassss wahaaaay snaperoooo
 
@Legin thanks so much. You've been so supportive to me. I am pretty pleased. Onward and upwRd. Hope things improve for you , O fave Ogre:tantrum2:. You deserve it.
 
Me naaaa i just bleather with a mate. Im getting there to be honest im exhausted feel v tired but its life. Welll done though fair pleased for you i am .
 
Physio appointment today went very well. She said bend was over 140 degrees up 30ish degrees in 3 weeks. I went on stationary bike for first time and pedals went round straightaway! I did 4 minutess on there and some leg lifts, hamstring and quads exercises. Really pleased as I have done very little exercise and this was only my second physio appointment since leaving hospital on day 3.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet and am aware that many people who post on here really have difficult knee histories and other problems so I am lucky that my story has been relatively uncomplicated but it may be helpful for people undergoing surgery to know that sometimes things can go really well with taking it slowly, resting, icing, elevating as much as possible and exercising in small amounts.
 
Everyones recovery is diff pal you recognise your luck. But also possitive attitude and careful recovery helps. Well done you. Trumpet fanfare
 
Hi @SuperSnapper I'm over the moon about your news. What a fabulous recovery xx

If I end up having my left knee done I will most certainly be doing it differently at the start to how I did with this one. Slow, no pushing no bully boy PT, less stairs and less overdoing it x x

Your recovery is lovely to share and well done x x x
 
Whooooot whoooooot
Hippo birdy to you
Hippo birdy to you
Hippo birdy dear snaperooooo
Hippo birdy to you
Ok it birthday bumps or hugs you decide

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin thanks so much for the birthday greeting! I'll take the hugs!:flwrysmile:

@Nana moon 27 lovely picture. Thanks so much.

Hope you both have a good day xxxxxxxx

My sis in law is taking me out to lunch as Mr P is out rambling today.
 
Whoooot whooot. 21 hugs well all ladies are 21 I was told so. Hug.hug.hug hug hug hug hug hug this might take a while. Hug hug hug hug hug hug oweeeeeeeeee cramp in ma thumb. Ok tell you what a humongous hug to ma.pal snaperooo may this day.be good for.you as you sooo.deserve it toooo and for now I.will.say.och aye the nooooioooooooo.
have a good one x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Week 7 today!

  • Feel I've plateaued a bit this week but that was to be expected and my knee has been a bit more achy with the increased activity but it's looking more like my other knee apart from the scar, of course.
  • Today, when I woke up knee was not stiff. That's a first! Woop
  • I find I'm doing things without thinking, like steps when they are shallower, but our stairs at home my knee is not so comfy with. It will come
  • Still elevating, icing and resting quite a lot.
  • Walking further and without the cane. My physio said to use a walking pole on uneven ground and two if it's steep. Good idea but I do use them anyway. If anyone hasn't got them, try a pair, they take about 30% of the stress off the knee joint! Especially good when coming downhill.
  • Seeing surgeon a week today so will be glad to get that over and move forward.
So doing alright, I think. But very grateful for all your ongoing support and friendship.
Hope you all have a good day :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

Mary x
 
Back
Top Bottom