PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Managed to wrap some pressies and made 2 dozen mince pies with Mr Ps help. Knee is really aching so paracetamols and tucked up in bed early. Still lots of gifts to wrap, cake to ice ... Might have to delegate.
But bit more bend again today and finding myself moving my knee more without even thinking about it too much! Well, until night time when it aches. Still I think I'm moving forwards a tiny bit every day which is pleasing and I've got another whole month befor I see my surgeon again. Onward and upward!
 
@SuperSnapper - Hi Mary, I'm glad to read you are doing so well. You are certainly moving along the recovery trail fast!

I am plodding along. My physio is going okay. He isn't at all pushy but although I know it shouldn't hurt I don't think he's encouraging me enough. I am considering changing.

Christmas looming is getting me down. I don't delegate very well and am finding it so frustrating. I love shopping and getting all the little bits and pieces that make Christmas special.

Today I have cut back on the pain meds. I'm only trying to cut back during the day as I'm desperate to sleep for more than a couple of hours. The codeine is causing other problems! :heehee:

Hope you have a good night

Deb x
 
@Wilma. Deb, hi I know what you mean about the delegating but it has to be done at the mo. I think Christmas just has to happen this year without much input from me.

I'm still doing very little really and almost nothing in the way of exercise. I do heel slides, quad stretches and put a weight on my thigh to get the leg straight but very little else apart from the walking. I really want to try cycling in the gym but can't until I see the surgeon again. Standing up makes my leg ache, but I am improving slowly. It's like one hour up means two on the sofa with ice.

The lack of sleep is dreadful. I sleep for two hours, wake, sleep for one hour, wake for two, doze again for a bit and that's it.the nights are just so long! It's really getting to me now. Sounds as if it's much the same for you.

However, I bet if you looked back at how you felt even a week ago things are getting better with the knee.

We will get there! The worst is behind us!

Love
Mary x
 
Hey snaperoooo aye the worst is behind you and thankfuly its not an ogre hey. Sleep is the biggy in this process it will get better just seeee the surgeons do something to our body clocks it is an international conspiracy so that when we nap in day they take over the world. Or it could just be that aftrr the trauma of opp pain comes and goes. I'm putting money on.conspiracy tho hv at least one groat left take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Trip to Waitrose done! My word! It's busy out there!

Knee has survived , looks a bit swollen and purpley, goes like that when its tired. Took two sticks to whack people with if necessary but everyone was very considerate even in the battleground that is Christmas food shopping. So no whacking at all. :dead:

Now I'm home, slobbing around clothes on , knee up preparing to ice. Waiting for Mr P to put away all the shopping and make a cup of tea. I noticed he snuck in a lot of wine, beer and other essentials so perhaps he's feeling the strain of caring! :hairpulling::groan::no-fin:

Have a good day everyone.:dancing:
 
Well done you, and very restrained with the stick, great! Now relax, did you put anything nice but non alcoholic in the trolley. My DiL is pregnant, and I'm on Tramadol, so I've been looking for liquid treats that we can have over Christmas. I really recommend Ocado online shopping, I still get Waitrose food, but delivered to the door. I know Waitrose do their own delivery service as well, it's just that Ocado started in this area first. I've been using them for four years, since my knees really started playing up and I won't go back to shopping again, I love the delivery service.
All I've done so far is have a shower and washed my hair, and I'm shattered, not sure about that baking session now.
 
@SuperSnapper - I can't imagine going to the supermarket yet! It takes all my energy to wipe the surfaces and tidy the kitchen.
My hubby has also stocked up on alcoholic treats :cheers: not sure who's going to drink it all though. I would like to be able to have some wine on Christmas day but I'm not ready to give up the codeine yet. Looking like a dry Christmas for me! Love my wine too!! :dancy:

We will be 15 for Christmas dinner. Hubby is preparing the turkey (when he actually buys it) and all the trimmings. Our daughters and son are bringing everything else. I always think it's more time consuming preparing veg for so many. It will be easy to just get the turkey ready.

Richard seems to think that everything will just happen - 42 years of me being a control freak is backfiring! Hence my frustration. Although I am soooo happy to have this TKR behind me I am sort of wishing I had put it off until the new year. Hope your plans are going well.

Deb x
 
Know where you are coming from my kitchen is.my domain. Even.got a bar stool so I could cook after opp. 15 sheesh we hv 9 all but vegies bought.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
42 years of me being a control freak is backfiring!
@Wilma I know exactly what you mean, my daughter is doing all the cooking for six of us for three days. She thinks she will have time to go riding Christmas morning! I've obviously made it look too easy in the past, I can see us eating our lunch at 5pm.
I'm also getting very frustrated, nothing seems to be happening, but I just can't do anything about it.I want to get the spare bedrooms ready, my husband says there is plenty of time- what?! I don't know when he thinks it will get done, just as the family arrives I suppose. I wouldn't put it past him to suggest they make their own beds!!!
I've wrapped a few presents, done a little tidying and that's me finished for the day, I still haven't done the desserts I wanted to get out of the way, oh well, there's always tomorrow.......
 
The non alcoholic stuff that we did buy @Ellejay was not great. I think I prefer J2Os ! Our Christmas Decs put up by grandsons aged 4 and 7 are ... Thinking of the right word ... Novel, interesting, chaotic, random a bit like them really! But it was fun. It could have been worse. Maddy and Iris aged 10 and 7 had to leave early so just ate solidly for half an hour, all good stuff mince pies, sausage rolls, chocolates and olives! Then went home. 4 of them with a load of decs could have been disastrous.
My smaller grandson, Maffy, who was 4 in July and has been learning his phonics at school read the word "Wilkommen" on a decoration - no help- just did it! However when asked to spell his name says it "Mafu" but it's phonetic and it's our fault for nicknaming him Maffy!
 
Nice one my tum is.rumbling. I can't say my childhood name its not pc now. But even.teachers called me it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sounds like you are doing pretty well giving the knee a break after you've done a lot of activity. I like your idea of delegating some of the work.
 
@kneeper thanks. I'm doing fine, I think. Four weeks out tomorrow and no painkillers at all today. I even managed some light dusting and tidying up. My husband is still doing most of the housework and cooking but I'm easing back into things but resting a great deal inbetween. It's working well, but I think the fact I only had a PKR has helped a lot.
The knee feels good - achy but ice sorts that out.
 
I think I'm going to stop posting regularly as progress is slowing and issues are getting fewer. I feel comfortable where I am now and pleased with my recovery.
So I'm going to post once a week from now on.
Thanks so much to everyone who has been supporting me on here. It's been such a help. There are too many people to mention individually but thanks all of you. Couldn't have done it without you all.
Happy Christmas everyone :santaclap::santawave::santaclap:

Mary x
 
Back
Top Bottom