PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@Legin sorry to hear it ws you having the sleepless night :hairpulling::hairpulling: Take care and get some rest today.
Is such a lovely day here today. I would love to go out but not sure I want to go out even for a short walk on my own. Might work up the courage later.
 
Tut hair pull hey mick.taking. you go.for.it snaperooooo I'm going out later just a few miles shhhhhhhh.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay I think ditching The stoopid pillow was a small step towards normality for me . Hope you feel the same when you gt rid of yours. I finally finished the Chrstmas cards! But it took ages now I have to get Mr P to post them. He thinks they are a big waste of money, time etc but I love getting them . He has said he'll get the ree tomorrow though so things will begin to look a bit more seasonal.
No painkillers for over 20 hours now! My visitors have gone so icing and elevating again.
 
@SuperSnapper Glad you are doing well. Regarding the pain meds I am very limited as well due to liver functions so I understand. I can't take Tylenol or nsaids. At 4 weeks post op I had to go 6 days with no pain meds as liver went crazy. Ice was my best friend! But it was miserable at times. My liver is tolerating small doses of tramadol much better and I'm glad I have something when needed. I don't know much about kidney issues but there may be something that helps without hurting you.
 
@Minnie's knees Hello,thanks for the message. I am glad you can take Tramadol in small doses. You do need something and not having anything must have been dreadful.
I was on Tramadol for about ten days but only a very small dose. I deliberately restricted what I took. I was worried what effect it might be having on my kidneys and am very risk averse when it come to my kidney health. . I am ok with Tylenol too but am unwilling to take more than is essential. Normally i dont take any painkillers. Like you ice has been my best friend and continues to be so. I can't take Anti inflammatories either . So I ice, ice and ice . Dull but necessary for me.
Luckily I do have a high pain threshold . I want to come out of this process reasonably healthy. It's not easy, is it?
Fortunately , I seem to be over the worst, fingers crossed.
Hope you continue to progress well. I'll check up on your thread :flwrysmile:
Mary x
 
Day 22 post op.
Oh dear! I have a cold and neuralgia. I thought it was toothache:bignono: but thank goodness it settled down overnight into the other. I haven't seen that many people to catch a cold from. Seems a bit random but I have seen the grandkids ? Always the source of various germs or ... Perhaps I am my own small germ factory! :eeeuw:
Anyway, I hope it doesn't linger too long so back on the paracetamol but for the cold this time Aaaarrrggghhh!
I might even turn into an ogre myself !:tantrum2:
Apart from that, I'm doing OK. A few more :sleeep::sleeep::sleeep: would be good but no complaints re the knee.
:treestar:Going to buy a tree later :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
 
Good morning @SuperSnapper, oh boo! That's not fair, going through all of that and then getting a cold on top.
Lots of vitamin C, I find the tablets that dissolve to make a drink are very good, and don't spend too long outside choosing a tree.
We now keep the same tree from year to year, in a pot, in the garden. My husband is the dearest man in the world, we agree on everything.......except Christmas trees. We would try just one of us going to get it, but the other one always hated it, if we went together we could never decide on one we both liked, so we find that this way there are no arguments, we just bring it in and decorate it! Have fun and I hope the cold improves quickly.
 
Oooooo another ogre. Awwww really sorry snaperoooooooooo. Hmmmmm so I look all flushed runny.nose. do I. Chortle keep wrapped.up pal will send healing thoughts

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hope you're feeling better @SuperSnapper. You've got plenty on your plate at the moment and don't need a cold to compound things.
I ditched the pillow recently too, it was making my hips feel weird. It was a big step back to normal.
 
@RedRider thanks for the good wishes. Not feeling on top form but it could be worse.
The pillow thing was a big step. My bottom and back feel so much better and I actually rolled onto my front , preferred sleeping position, last night didn't stay there long but it's another step forward. Just had an hours outing to buy a Christmas Tree and walked around for about 20 minutes. Mega progress ! Knee is tired but not too swollen now do tucked up for a sleep.
Hope all is well with your knee ?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom