PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Hope your cold doesn't linger for 3+ weeks like mine. Blech. It is awesome that you are doing so well. I could not imagine this without pain meds. I even took one last night, at 3 months out! Take care-- Joni
 
Cold not too bad. Thanks everyone. Today's little issue is scabs. Not nice to mention in polite company but there you go. :bignono:Mine are taking ages to finally drop off. They are slighty raised and catching on everything. Keep me awake at night too as when I move in bed, there's that little scabby bit catching on my pjs . I expect it's a common problem but I did hope they'd all have gone to wherever scabs go to ... By now. Inside the Hoover or whatever. They're only little but very annoying. I think the knee elves left them as a lingering reminder!
Last night was sleeping in fits and starts so a bit grouchy today but ok really.:tantrum2::tantrum2: I crave my 7 hours sleep of the BK ( before knees) days.
Anyway, any advice on scabs not picking :eeeuw: very welcome :headbang::blackcloud:one day I will be scab free! Living the dream here in Yorkshire.
 
I had forgotten all about scabs until you mentioned them, I have that to look forward to, oh goody. I don't get my dressing off until next Monday, so I don't know what the scab situation will be.
I hope that your cold is improving ie going away xxx
 
Hmmmmmm hey if errrrrrrrrr scabs are main annoyance it can't be.bad. glad cold a.tad better will keep sending healing thoughts ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. You are so right! I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. You are helping me get things into perspective, my Northern Pal . If Mrs Legin permits it, I am sending you a big hug for making me realise I'm being a whinge.
The Ogre has spoken
 
Nooooo.wasn't meant.as bad just I'm master of the obvious. But hug ooooo yes please. Mrs Legin knows.I get loads of hug. Oh.whinge away if.you need but you.are.doing well

Legin THR Sep 14
 
It wasn't me hhhhhhhhhhonest

Legin THR Sep 14
 
No glitch....I just removed them from public view. Once I fixed the problems with your thread they really were not needed. It's called "thread cleanup"!
 
@Ellejay hope you had a good day. All seems fine with my thread now.
I had a good day. We've been Christmas shopping , hot chocolate and mince pies in Betty's and a walk around. Knee behaved well so resting now.
How about you? Hope your day has been equally good .
 
Ooh, I'm so jealous, mince pies in Betty's! As I've said, Yorkshire is my second home, it is such a lovely county. I'm so pleased your knee behaved itself,you are doing so well.
I had a very short walk, my first outside, today, it was good to breathe fresh air.
 
Hmmmmmmmmph mince pies and ogres tummy rumbling because it hasn't had.mince.pies. Good for you snaperoooooo there's nought like normal life to lift spirits. Last weekend wife took me out in car threatened to put me out because I was bouncing around so much

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay, @Legin feeling much better today thanks. Cold has receded - thanks to first defence!
Just got back from two hour jaunt to meet my sister in law for coffee and than quick trip to Waitrose. Only one cane today. Knee is a bit sore and a tad swollen but not much! I am beginning to feel normal! It might not last but I'll take that for today.
Hope you two are feeling OK?
 
Define normal snaperooooo. Grand report lass well done you. Its fffffreezing up here and snow forecast.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Another very silly night of not much sleep where my knee was very uncomfortable and was constantly exercising itself. I've done so many bends and stretches just to ease out my stiff knee - most of which I just woke up doing. This leg has a mind of its own! I have no control! I even took some paracetamol to quieten things down but the only thing that finally meant I got some sleep was ice at 6am . :ice:Very tired now.:sleep::sleep::sleep:
At least my bends and stretches are done for the day!
I think I walked about a bit much yesterday so resting more today. But going in the right direction.:yahoo::yahoo:
A great help with extension has been an long oven glove with two pockets into which I put two tins then the glove hangs over my thigh with my heel on a stool. Not too much weight but gives a great stretch.

:reindeersleigh
 
The oven glove/ tins exercise equipment sounds wonderful, I think we need a picture :heehee:.
I sort of muddled my meds last night, I meant to take Tramadol at 2 am, so I would sleep, but in my sleepy haze I took paracetamol, which meant I had no pain, but I didn't sleep either.
I've just sorted out all the food from the online delivery, walked round to the village shops to get the newspaper, and met lots of friends who were amazed to see me out and about (always good for the ego). So now a gingerbread latte and a doze with the weekend paper....I hope. Xxx
 
@Ellejay It will does you good going out and about. Just makes you feel part of the world again!
My grandchildren all came to tea yesterday so it was a bit chaotic and I was really tired but it was fun to see them. We made door hangers with their photos inside to take home.
Today is going to be much quieter, I didn't get up until nearly 1! Just done my exercises and going to wrap some parcels... sitting down, of course.

I will post a photo of the oven glove do dah!

Have a quiet afternoon but well done

Mary x
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom