PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

Busy day today and feeling much better in spirit than yesterday. We had a quick trip out to see my daughters family then home to bed for a couple of hours icing. Then more icing and elevation after lunch. The whole family descended about 5pm but I coped. Now elevating and icing again score dinner. I've ditched the Tramadol as I am having very little pain or swelling with just some paracetamol and lots of ice. Much better for my CKD so a relief I can cope. I've got the Tramadol in reserve if I need to use it. Fingers crossed. Things are looking up. Don't worry I am NOT being a martyr. :wowspring::yes!::yes!:
 
Grand snaperooo we all hv bad days mine start with mirror. Knew you would bounce back. Thumps up. Note to self dont do thumbs up whilst cycling
 
AAarrrrgh! Why do I feel tired this week! Last week I was fine , now I write half a dozen Christmas cards and want a snooze! This is not me! If I'm not in bed , I'm on the sofa! :sleep::sleep::yawn::sleep:
My husband thinks I have Sunlight affective disorder! Thinks I need to get out more.
And the bloomin Tramadol at least kept my IBS at bay too! :eeeuw: You win some etc etc.

Hope everyone in Bonesmart land is having a good day.
 
Remember---this gig called recovery is not at all linear; you will have some good days, some great days, and some real stinkers. Just go with the flow and ride it out (wow---I am using a lot of cliches today!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@referee54 I know you are right. It was all going very well with the not being tired but this week has been a real up and down. The Knee is good and pretty pain free - just 2000mg of paracetamol a day keeps niggles in check and lots of ice. I'm walking around the house with no cane most of the time except for evenings when the knee is a bit stiffer. I thought I might be doing a bit more round the house, cooking etc by now but standing is still difficult so listening to my knee. The knee rules OK! I'm not going to rock any boats.
 
@SuperSnapper, this recovery takes weeks! You weren't to know, but I wrote all my Christmas cards before my op. Friends thought I was mad -"you'll have all that time sitting around, you can do them then". I knew I would be sleeping most of the time, and needed to do everything before. I am feeling rather pleased that all the mince pies and sausage rolls are safely in the freezer and I won't be standing in the kitchen next week. But seriously, even writing cards takes it out of us. Our bodies have gone through major trauma, and sometimes just need to shut down to cope with it all. Just rest and 'go with the flo'. You can always make a Happy New Year card on Moonpig, showing your scar, for all the people who didn't get a Christmas card this year, I'm sure they will understand :heehee:.
xxx
 
@Ellejay it's so surprising isn't it? I was worried about the pain and knee being immobile but all that's coming along nicely. It's just the exhaustion that's getting to me. I didn't really factor it in as it just didn't happen at first and I assumed it wouldn't after two weeks. But I suppose it's just another facet of recovery. My IBS shatters me too but I'm used to that on its own. I suppose it's the combination. Oh well. This too will pass :sleep::sleep::sleep: in the meantime , I'm off for a snooze.

Enjoy your downstairs trip.
Mary x
 
Snaperooo tiz but body saying ok going to shut down.for a while to heal you can't beat it.so don't.fight it. Be.like me complaining about loosing.My hairdryer

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Remember, that recovery---full recovery---can take months and upwards to a year---here is to hoping tht it is not nearly that long for you, but mine took eight months or so.

We have these bursts of feeling great, followed by some down days. Eventually those down days will disappear and you will be left with a great, pain-feel lifestyle.
 
@SuperSnapper The fatigue lingers and isn't at all uncommon. But, have you been checked for anemia? You might want to make sure you don't have that going on. I had it and until I got my iron levels back up I could do nothing but sleep. Take care!
 
@gr82cu2 thanks for thinking of me. I am really glad you are improving.
I had my bloods checked before I was allowed home from hospital and they were fine but you are right, it is the first thing to look at. My daughter has really bad anaemia after her first pregnancy and she felt exhausted for weeks.
I think this is just post op tiredness. I'm eating really well so it's not affected my appetite
 
That post op tiredness hangs on a long time.
 
Snaperoooo it will pass just go with the flow. I know.its frustratting esp after doing.so.well. You are still doing.well. its recharging time so you can cause mayhem later. Well I did surprisingly enough

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Today it is 3 weeks since my surgery! Much better sleep night last night ! Nearly 7 hours with two short awake bits! I started off with my icy gel pack which was lovely and warm by 3am! But did the trick in getting me off to sleep.

Finally ditched the pillow under my leg , it was making my bottom ache! So slept pretty normally on my left side. WooHoo!

Quiet day today apart from my daughter and her MIL coming to see me but feel better, more like mine own self this morning. Isn't sleep amazing?

Thanks everyone for all your support . This would indeed be a lonely journey without you all .:loveshwr::happydance::yay:
 
Whoot whoot snaperooooo although I.did.pass over some of your report. Hey you are.doing.all the work me I'm just here as the hair stylist

Legin THR Sep 14
 
A good night sleep is just about the very best medication of all, you wake up feeling a different person. I'm glad you slept well, and were able to ditch the pillow, I had many a fight with mine during last night, I can't seem to sleep with it or without it.
Enjoy your visitors today, xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom