PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

My lovely physio who I met before my op at my gym, was even lovelier today. She's a real advocate of everything recommended here although she doesn't know it. Very gentle exercise, nothing that hurts, just regular gentle stretches, lots of ice, elevation and rest! Music to my ears! I told her that I'd not done the squats and lunges from the hospital physio and she said that was great - listen to my knee. If it hurts stop, if it aches more rest etc.

Anyway, I'm doing really well , can ditch the sticks in the house. I have 100 bend and not to worry about pushing too much, cos it will come, 0 degrees extension and minimal swelling. Just keep on doing what I'm doing.

Hurray for Bonesmart! Thanks so much everyone who has given me good advice and encouragement.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Odd sort of day today, feeling a bit glum really , not sure why except for maybe stir craziness!

Also I had a long sleep this afternoon , haven't done that before. My knee buckled a bit today so I think my quads definitely need a lot more work . It wasn't bad, more a feeling than an actual buckle , a bit like hyper extension.

New days bring new aches as far as I can work out. The knee is a complex, beautiful and awkward structure. And I' m feeling the need for ice...........again!

Oh well, maybe the ups and downs of this process are getting to me .:what:

Hope everyone else has had a good day.:chinstroke:

:tree2;
 
Hi @SuperSnapper, I think that the inactivity, the frustration, the boredom and the pain all come together and we do get days when however many lucky stars we try to count we still feel miserable. I know I did last time and I'm one of the most positive people around. Colleagues at work likened me to Tigger as I was always so bouncy, but a few days stuck doing nothing affects everyone in the end.
Hopefully you will soon be able to escape the house for short trips, that will cheer you up, in the meantime, whenever you want to moan or chat, there is usually someone on line somewhere around the world, one of the many wonderful things about this site.
Hope you have a good nights sleep, xxx Lyn
 
Snaperoooo you hv been inspiration. We all have bad days even ogres starts with mirror. Its alliwed. Cabin fever knee buckle all wee things that will niggle away. Just put it to bed as a bad day. Sheeeesh i hv loads. Ok so sleep then smile how many people know aa real ogre toooodles
 
@SuperSnapper,

Hmm knee buckled you think quad needs more work? Well, knee is reminding you quad was detached from it, and to think back over the last few days of activity! Tired? I would imagine!:heehee:
 
@SuperSnapper - hope today is a good one for you. I understand how you feel, just like everyone else in bonesmart land. It's good to find out that what you are feeling is 'normal'.:dubious:

Deb x
 
Hi @SuperSnapper - I've just caught up on your thread and other than the expected bumps in the road, you seem to be doing really well! I'm totally impressed. I wish I could have kept closer tabs on you along the way :-( I found that being in rehab with a full schedule and sharing a room with 3 others, didn't give much peaceful time. I'll be home permanently on Tuesday and will have more time, while I take things easy for a bit, to spend more time with my BoneSmart buddies.

Tomorrow will be a better day for you - I can feel it all the over here via the Polar Route. Hugs coming back at you over the same route.
 
Moi tonic ooooer hmmmmm yup a guaranteed tonic for the universal cure and banishment of hiccups. Snow gone here but big winds good for blowdrying the hair ooooops. Have a grand day snaperooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Wilma hi Deb, woke up feeling better today after a not bad night. I would love 7 hours straight sleep though. Thanks for the encouragement. I'd been doing so well and it all got to me a bit yesterday. But as everyone says on here - it happens. Hope you are doing well and making progress.
@
 
@RestAssured thanks for the message. I needed the reality check. :flwrysmile: Hope your race training is going well?
I am so pleased that I can report that my weight loss is continuing. I'm eating really well but only at meal times, no picking inbetween and no wine is making a big difference! Yay! Another positive outcome.
@Threads I really understand the sense of dissociation you felt when you went out. I spent 12 weeks in hospital once and was allowed home for 3 days at Christmas, it was so weird, like there was this other life that felt unreal. It will soon pass when you get home and permanently in your home environment with your things around you and Doug, of course. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow . Big hugs via the Pole!:happydance:
:happydance::happydance::loveshwr:
 
Hi @SuperSnapper, I hope you are having a better day today. You mentioned Pinky and Perky over on my thread,if you've listened to them today you MUST be feeling better (either that or completely desperate) :heehee:. I've given up on my 'worthy' book I've been meaning to read for ages - Wild Swans - 3 generations of Chinese women tell their stories - whatever made me think post TKR would be a good time to read this? I'm now trying a Jodi Picoult, I keep dozing over it, but at least I remember it when I wake up!
 
@Ellejay I did have a giggle at Pinky and Perky! Thanks I am feeling better today. Very unlike me to be down. I think most primary teachers are fairly cheerful and optimistic, you couldn't do the job otherwise!

I read Wild Swans last year. We went to China on holiday and I read quite a few books about the country but it's not a read for when you are recuperating! Excellent book though. It was an amazing place. Not sure I'd go again but I'm glad we went.
 
@Ellejay - I agree with @SuperSnapper about Wild Swans. It's definitely one to put aside until your post surgery brain returns to stay. At least that's what I'm counting on happening with my brain! Please tell it will be so! We have a son living in China and spent 5 weeks wandering around the country a number of years ago. That book is a well written story based on linked generations of women, not light fluffy reading, as you've discovered! I'm having trouble staying focused on "The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules" - now that's pretty pathetic!
 
@SuperSnapper,

I am glad that you feel good enough to venture out; that is wonderful! Just remember, energy drain and you will be fine!:happydance:

I am at a crossroads in my marathon training.... The one who was training with me doesn't believe that I really want to do it! If that was the case, then why in the world have I spent SO much time preparing?!:unsure: Anyway, she isn't working with me anymore. I asked Abby what she thought and she said she is not sure due to the foot sprain, the knee weakening and so forth, but I have to make the the decision. At first, I threw myself a big old pity party, :bawl:

Then Tenacious Gritty Sonja rose from the ashes, dusted herself off, and said, "I CAN do this!":happydance:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom