Guest viewing is limited

PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@SuperSnapper, what a neat little scar you have, that should fade very quickly, lucky you
By the way, I am a southerner through and through, but Yorkshire is my adopted home, we have friends in Norton, Pickering, Scarborough and Kippax, at certain times of the year we spend more time in Yorkshire than we do in Hertfordshire.xxxx
 
Day 16 I feel things are getting a little easier. Last night I ditched the cryo cuff , just had paracetamol and a lovely gel pack which I had on for two hours, I woke at 1 and 5 and then had a Tramadol and paracetamol and nodded off for another hour. Didn't ice again in the night and my knee feels much better today. I've got a better bend and the knee is straightening nicely - not all the way yet but improving. So exercises done , breakfast downstairs and back to bed for a couple of hours.
Yesterday I changed my meds around a bit and had my second Tramadol at lunch time instead of at night ,It seemed to keep the knee elves at bay so I might do that again today.
The niggly part at the mo is that my stitches - internal ones, are tight can't dissolve soon enough for me.
Home alone today but going to take it easy.
May even do online Christmas shopping later on WooHooooooo!
 
A grand report snaperoooooooo you grasp every positive and see it as progress. Well done that lady -.general round of applause please

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin thanks. It does help that I am an eternal optimist but I'm feeling pretty positive. Hope it lasts - time will tell.
 
@SuperSnapper - I am in awe of you getting out for a walk and coffee! My visit to the physio today left me exhausted. I'm still taking my meds regularly as I can't imagine cutting down yet. Glad to hear you are doing so well Mary - keep it up!

Deb x
 
Day 17
Pretty good nights sleep with a wakeful period in the middle but that's ok as went back off in the end.

Why does the knee throw a new pain at you every now and again. My one obviously thought I was too confident and sent me two new pains to cope with in bed last night.short stabby one in shin and deep ache in thigh on unoperated side of PKR . Didn't last too long but not nice. Oh well!

Not much to report apart from that. Much more comfy now sleeping on my side.

Another day etc .... They all seem a bit the same ... What am I saying , they ARE all the same!
 
Sings-.soft tissue I almost missed you till you.sent a.reminder I wish it would be.kinder. cough cough.splutter snowing here and went down my big mouth. Also cold wont help I.lost battle of.duvet severely last night ended up beyond shivering.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin brrrrrr! The weather in Scotland looks dire, the Hebrides had their electricty cut off yesterday, I think. Power cable failure. Grim!
You need a bigger duvet, ogre!
Stay cosy today, out of the cold,
 
because I haven't been cooking or baking and Mr P has provided lovely but small meals, I have lost 8lb! I'm a terrible slimmer cos I eat bits as I go along when I'm cooking but having been out of the kitchen for over two weeks is great news for my waistline! And the not drinking wine because of the pills. So that's about 15 lb since this time last year. He's promised to keep on with the meals until after Christmas at least as he's really enjoying it and has come up with some great new recipes too. Win win eh? :happydance::yay::happydance:Well apart from the wine :bignono:
Sighs heavily :no-fin:
 
Naaaaaaaaa its just fact.of.life chaps lose duvet wars

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well done on the weight loss @SuperSnapper, another benefit of this operation. I remember losing weight for my 1st TKR, but I came out of hospital this week 4lbs heavier than I went in!
 
@SuperSnapper, I do hope so, and, without being too crude, I also think four days of laxatives with no result must have had an effect on my weight :heehee:?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Spent more time up today , well downstairs but still elevating leg, but my knee is a bit achy so back in bed with ice. Stairs 4 times today - maybe that accounts for the ache a bit but no alternative today. :yahoo: All still pretty good though, even managed 5 minutes with leg down at computer ordering Christmas stuff but couldn't manage any more. Still every day is a bit better:yes!:. I am going to start a bit more walking from tomorrow - not far just 5 mins once a day. First physio visit tomorrow :bolt:
 
Hi @SuperSnapper just wanted to drop in and say hello!

Looks like your PKR is coming along quite well, that's great! I've had similar issues as you with bandage removal, switch to tramadol, random knee pains now and then, etc. I even have a staircase in my house to challenge me on a daily basis too!

Keep up the good work! Go team PKR!
 
Hi @RedRider nice to meet a fellow PKR Bonesmartie. I was a bit dubious about it at first - not having the TKR but it's all going well so far and it's good to know you've had similar issues. Reassuring.
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Back
Top Bottom