PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

@SuperSnapper ---I would get achy---but I could fall asleep for a while (maybe an hour)---then, I cold not get comfortable at all, and I would wander around the house looking for a comfortable place and a comfortable position in which to sleep. This was possibly the second most frustrating aspect of my recovery---the most frustrating was the length of time it took to recover.
 
SuperSnapper you are too funny! I love your sense of humor. Yes, I get the tooth achy thing too and mine also works out all on it's own without asking me if I would like it to. These knees definitely have a mind of their own.
 
Yeah, the knee will go through all kinds of weird stages--and though we all have similarities, everyone is a bit different. I'm in the period now where the feeling is coming back a bit in the numb area. It's weird--I can get an itch but only sort of feel myself scratching...
 
Well, both itchy and scratchy pains tonight plus the odd knee elf activity but better than last night.

Big day tomorrow waterproof bandage removal and scar viewing . Woohooo! It will be 14 days so think that's fine. Haven't had any seepage - disgusting word seepage! :hairpulling: Well, I did think the glue was seepage but that was me being silly. Knee is definitely stronger. I actually forgot to use my stick today for about 5 steps and nothing fell off or came apart at all. Still is a bit of a chunky looking knee but definitely an :yahoo:improvement on my Piggy leg from a week ago. And my knees were never ever things of beauty. I'll settle for functionality at this stages.
:treadmill::upright::swim::biking::hiking::bicycle2: Soon I'll be able to do all of these again! Well in a few months but it's quite a though, isn't it? (On second thoughts not with the large back pack.)

Sleep tight, Bonesmarties!
 
Waterproof bandage off is another big step on the recovery route, showering is so much easier then, and you finally get to see the scar and it wondrously healing day after day.
Thinking of you xxx Lyn
 
Chortles at snaperooooo. No n(ot large back pack. But really good you are looking to recovery and future activities. Mine is.get to my.thinking rock.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Why are the nights so long! I'll swear post op nights are three times as long as pre op nights. How I long for 8 hours solid sleep or even 4+4 but not this awful waking up every hour or so! It's exhausting. I am a girl who needs her :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:! I get grouchy. :tantrum::badspidy:

I shouldn't be complaining really . But I expect everyone else is just as tired :yawn::yawn:
 
Hi @SuperSnapper, I'm afraid a good nights sleep may take quite a while to achieve. I'm the same as you, I need at least 8 hours and that's the thing I'm least looking forward to when I get home - waking up every few hours. I can only recommend that you cat nap as much as you can during the day to try to reclaim some of those lost hours, it's far from ideal but it seems we have to put up with it. I sympathise with you xxxxxxLyn
 
Well, I made it out for a coffee and a short walk at Bolton Abbey! The knee has swollen a bit but I'm elevating and icing again and it was lovely to get some fresh air for the first time in two weeks. Woohoo! Progress!
 
Bolton Abbey isn't that near Skipton. Ooooer long story.about skipton.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@SuperSnapper, so long as you didn't go as far as the Strid. Hubby slipped there once and was lucky not to go in! It is a lovely place. Were the steam trains running? We went past at the end of November on our way to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate.
 
@busylizzie LOL! No not as far as the Strid. I managed a walk from the car park to the cafe, cuppa, then over the bridge and back again and back to the car. Seemed like miles but only a couple of hundred yards. The car parks free in the winter on weekdays.
The Strid gets very slippy! My walking group does a 5 miler round there but knee not up to it yet - but one day...
I don't know about the steam train. I think it might run at the weekends from Embsay. Lovely area, isn't it?
 
I used to live in.cumbria and was going out with a girl from leeds used to hitch.a lot

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@SuperSnapper , I used to go there a lot in my younger years. Before our family had a car we used to go to Bradford and get a bus up to the dales. I was a girl guide and I've stayed in the Youth Hostels up there. One of my favourite places is Foxup, Littondale. Hubby and I have spent many a happy hour there. We used to do quite a lot of walking. I love the hills. We still go to Skipton shopping. I went to Embsay not long ago to the craft shop there. The Santa specials will be running on the steam trains at the moment. I certainly miss the walking and the dales.
 
@busylizzie we moved back to Yorkshire three years ago after 25 years in Worcestershire. Our daughter , husband and their family had bought a house near Otley and we live quite near. Our son, daughter in law and two girls moved up here 18 months ago! We all love this area. Yorkshire is a dream with so many different areas to visit so we've spent a lot of time rediscovering our home county. My husband walks in the Dales every week.
I'm looking forward to getting back to regular walking with my two groups. It's very sociable with a 5 mile walk followed by lunch in a pub. Soon ... Fingers crossed.
My daughter has just started running a Beavers group! Funny you mentioning girl guides.
 
My hubby and I defected over the pennines when we got married. We needed employment and that is where we found it. We were both born in the West Riding of Yorkshire. We still have a very strong affinity for Yorkshire. We go back regularly as we still have family there.
 
@busylizzie where were you born? I was born in Leeds but lived in Castleford until my early twenties, then Pontefract and after that Worcestershire.
 
Back
Top Bottom