Guest viewing is limited

PKR IT Band Issues<

@sistersinhim I like the way you think!!!! I'm paying and I do have the right to choose. I'm going to request that one of the good therapists become my primary...he happens to be the owner of the practice. He is pretty understanding.
 
Massages are great. Takes the mind of the knee. I had 1 /2 hour massage a week ago. I'm ready for another. Enjoy!
 
Frustration level super high today. I have really been taking it easy this week, and it seems like my pain is increased. My knee throbs and I get “ zaps” of sharp pain. My back has also started to get very sore, I think elevating has messed up my lower back. My hips hurt so bad when I try to sleep. Up to this point I have been sleeping pretty well.. no more! I have a chiropractor appointment Friday. When I bend over I feel like I can’t catch my breath because it’s so sore. I decided to do 10 minutes on my bike. I really hoped I could do some full revolutions but can’t. I still can only rock back and forth. I couldn’t attend my son’s track meet today because it’s a far walk from the parking and there’s ice everywhere. I’m super paranoid of falling. Couldn’t catch a ride with anyone for it. I know I need to be more patient. It takes time,I had so hoped this would be a good week for me. I had a massage scheduled for tomorrow but the masseuse had to cancel and reschedule for next week. So many aches and pains all over. I have had a few nights where I have woken up with intense pain in my left foot. I can’t even imagine what that is! Can’t seem to catch a break this week at all!
 
I'm sorry you had a bad week. Sometimes that happens and then you get a better week to follow.

I used to find that sometimes my back hurt if I tried to elevate in any other position than lying flat.
I hope your chiropractor can help your back pain.

I think the sharp stabs of pain in your knee could be what we informally call "zingers". They're electric shocks sent out by the nerves that were cut during surgery, as they are trying to reconnect or make new pathways.

You were wise not to go to your son's track meet - too much walking in dangerous conditions. In any case, it's really a bit too soon in your recovery to be trying to go to sports fixtures. Your knee is still only a toddler, just one sixth of the way to recovery in this year-long rehabilitation.
I know you want to be a supportive mother, but sometimes you have to put your own needs first.
 
Ah Pauline... tough week. I'm sorry for your pain. It's bad enough to have to deal with the knee pain but when all the aches and pains start up from having to sleep certain ways, move in ways we aren't used to moving in, etc., it seems to just put us over the top of our patience limit! I know for me it does! My low back has horrid days and ok days.. but since I have taken to sleeping without elevation, my back has gotten better. But that is not for everyone, it's just what is working for me. I wish you better days ahead for sure.
 
@Celle thank you....definitely need reminders to put my health first. My son understands. I just create my own guilt. I also need reminders that I have a long way to go and need to lessen expectations of faster recovery. I think I will try to lay flat when I elevate. My knee always feels so much better when it’s up on my elevation wedge. So uncomfortable to sit with my legs flat and straight.
 
@funkymuse I don’t elevate anymore when I sleep..just during the day. My back couldn’t hack it anymore! As much as I hate to hear about other people have the same experience with discomfort, it’s reassuring to know I’m not alone. So impatient with myself,,and so sick of people lecturing me about PT! The only place I get support about not doing it is here, and my husband since he saw how miserable I was the next day. Thank you for your well wishes. I have the same for you!
 
Too bad the massage had to be postponed. I bet it will help a bit.
I don't blame you for worrying about falling on ice--I was before the surgery and in my first winter. But actually once I was recovered I felt a lot more confident.
Keep on rockin' :wink:(on the bike)--your first revolution will come.
 
[Bonesmart.org] IT Band Issues<
Opinions on swelling?
 
Your scar is looking really good for only 2 months!
 
Trying to take care of it. I put lotion on it twice a day. Have to try to get it looking better by bare legs season! I love to wear dresses, I think my students at school would be horrified! :loll:
 
Truth! This surgery definitely tests your strength. I never liked my knees. Lol. My hubby jokes with me about my knobby knees (that I got from my mom)....she also gifted me with the arthritis gene.
 
Feeling pretty good today...except for the fact that it has been horribly cold around here! I need to move south. Today was my first day back to work after having a week off and today marks 9 weeks. I made it through the entire day with no pain meds, walked around a lot, climbed the stairs twice...and my knee feels okay. No swollen ankle and no hobbling home to elevate. Walking felt pretty good and I’ve noticed that my stride has gotten a bit longer and more comfortable. Back issues were unfortunately flared up by elevating so I just sit with my legs out straight in front of me up on the couch. It’s amazing to look back to how upset and discouraged I was just last week. These good days are important! I may be singing a different tune by the end of the week....but today just feels good. I haven’t been doing much except some heel slides in the morning. My knee appreciates the rest for sure.
 
Enjoy those good days! You will be having more of them as your healing continues and gets closer to completion!
 
I am 15 months past the date of my partial knee replacement. Coming on here in those early months really helped with having a realistic recovery. I have been very lucky to have few issues since my replacement. One issue that I’m struggling with is IT tendinitis diagnosed by my ortho at my one year follow up. His recommendations were stretching, and if that didn’t work, then PT. The PT is a definitive no!!! I am wondering if others have had this issue and things that they did to help ease the discomfort. I have done some stretching and always put my feet up when I get home from work. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Back
Top Bottom