High Tibial Osteotomy It’s Done! From Revision to Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy

Hi @Josephine your reply was cut off! .
Still having pain, swelling, low rom/extension and stiffness issues at 7 mos. I am taking oxycodone and Advil. My OS is referring me to a pain management clinic.
Has anyone received care at one? I am at wits end with my recovery.
 
Oops, so I did! My computer (Windows 10) suddenly decided to update and by the time it did and restarted, I'd forgotten where I was! Sorry about that. Still can't remember but I'll do my best.
The rash/sores has spread. It is on my knee(surgical), stomach, chest, back, hips and neck. They are not bumps or hives but sores that scab over and doesn't seem to heal.
It's much more likely to be the oxycodone (opiate) than the Advil which I've never known to cause allergic reactions. Opiates do, however but not to that degree. But dermatology is outside my sphere of experience so I can't offer any more insight. But I do hope you find some answers.
 
Hi! Update on my rash. I've stopped the oxycodone but the rash continued to spread all over my body. The internet is my friend and so I Googled my symptoms. I made an appointment with another dermatologist and was seen today. She diagnosed it as psoriasis which is what I thought I may have. I am scheduled for a biopsy in two weeks to confirm and rule out any other conditions in particular Lupus. I was given a script for amoxicillin to take prior to my biopsy appointment. Hopefully I will find some relief soon!
 
I'm glad you got to see a dermatologist. (always better than google. :wink: )
 
I made an appointment with another dermatologist and was seen today. She diagnosed it as psoriasis which is what I thought I may have.
As well as prescribing Amoxicillin for you , did the dermatologist prescribe anything for putting on the rash?
 
Hello @Celle! The dermatologist gave me samples of a spray and cream. She did not want to prescribe anything until the results come back from my biopsy. If everything else is ruled out for example Lupus then we will go forward with treatment.
During my research of psoriasis I've learned there is a condition called psoriatic arthritis. I am wondering if I have that and not the osteoarthritis I was diagnosed by my OS? The symptoms are similar.
 
Thank you for letting us know. Your dermatologist os being cautious and careful. How long will the biopsy result take to be reported on?
 
I am not sure.. One question I failed to ask. My appointment is on the 28th.
 
newly bionic why did they do a revision? How was the recovery after revision? Better? Worse?
 
Hello! Received my results and it is definitely psoriasis and is considered severe. I underwent my first session today if UV light therapy. Will have to have this treatment three times a week for a couple of months. Crossing my fingers and praying this will work!
On another note was referred to a rheumatalogist
 
I'm glad you.ve got a diagnosis at last. Now it can be treated and it should abate. :fingersx:
 
Sorry a rheumatologist. I was previously diagnosed with osteoarthritis which is quite similar to psoriatic arthritis this may explain the swelling in my wrists, fingers, toes and painful and low rom at times in my shoulders.
 
Almost a year since my revision..Still experiencing a lot of pain behind my knee and the tight band feeling on the front part of my knee. ROM and extension is poor. I am so tired of feeling like this. Depression is my life
 
bibi,
Sorry you are still having a lot of pain. Sometimes pain behind the knee is a Bakers Cyst, Baker's cysts and other knee bursae
Has treating your psoriatic arthritis helped?
The tight feeling is common, "Tight band" feeling across the front of my knee . I would ask the rheumatologist about it the tight band feeling, and possible inflammation from psoriatic arthritis. There may be no relationship, it is worth asking about.
Hope you start feeling a little better,
 
The next appt available appointment to see the rheumatologist is on the 22nd of March. Baker's cyst I will read up on that. It hurts so much..
 
I'm sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. I hope your OS can help.
 
Is there anything that helps with the pain? I'm glad you do have an appointment with your rheumatologist fairly soon. Until then, try to do whatever you can to keep the pain at bay. So sorry you are going through all this!
 
Back
Top Bottom