High Tibial Osteotomy It’s Done! From Revision to Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy

Bibi,
The best way to know if an implant is too big is with an x ray. Ask your OS office (ask for medical records) for a copy, then post it here. Josephine can take a look and let you know if she sees anything.
A few tips on posting X-rays

Suggest you start searching for a second opinion, with a surgeon who specializes in revisions or complex knee reconstruction, you can use the find a clinic link at the top of the page to search. Be sure the new OS has no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.

I assume you are trying theses exercises and they are making your knee hurt more?
Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it .
 
Yes. It feels as if something in the back of my knee is pulling, preventing me from stretching/straightening especially when walking.

The aggravating thing is after my TKR in July 2015 and before my MUA in October of the same year my extension was great. No problems! But OS did not like my ROM of 95. So I consented to the MUA.

This was before I found BoneSmart. I never would have gone through it! After the MUA is when all hell broke loose! A revision was performed in April 2016 because he thought there may be scar tissue and a new spacer was placed.

No changes to my extension and the pulling I think may be my hamstring retaliating. It is so painful to walk. I try to walk heel-toe but the pain.

I am taking oxycodone 5mg 2-3 x day with 2 500mg Tylenol with the oxycodone.
I will check out the revision Dr.s and see about obtaining a copy of my xray.

Thank you! I wish I found this site months ago
 
I still haven't been able to get full extension since my revision. I am doing very slowly getting closers but I also do feel some pulling behind the knee. I've been practicing with my walking and have found that by taking long strides quickly it forces me to fully extend my leg while walking. Don't try this if you are unsteady at all.
 
Thank you for the advice! I am sorry you are experiencing the same problem as me..but relieved to know I am not the only one. Do you also feel a pain/soreness when trying to stretch or walk in the back of your knee?

I am going to try and walk as you suggested. Thank You.
 
I have had pain in the back but as time is going by it is getting better as the time goes by. It's still sore at the end of the day. I also try to do some very gentle hamstring stretches periodically during the day. Maybe one or two as I think of them.
 
Hi! Haven't been on in a while! I went on a week long vacation abroad! Had to take advantage of the wheelchairs offered to me at the airports! I did pretty well considering...
Is it normal to experience moderate pain at this stage of healing? I take 5 Advil 200's twice a day and 1 oxycodone 5mg at night. Still painful when walking and extension is terrible...maybe a 10.
 
I am at 18 mths. and yes, I still have pain. Until fairly recently I had pain at the back of my knee fairly regularly if I moved the leg the wrong way, but either it is a lot better or I have learned how to move so as not to set it off.:heehee: Now my problem seems to be on the outside front around the knee cap which can interfer with climbing stairs.
 
@bibi
I was just reading your recovery thread and my heart hurts for you! I hope your pain is better now. Were you ever able to figure out what the sores were? I am impressed by how active you are, but it's no wonder why you are often sore!! I'm only a month out, but I do have pain behind my knee. I'm still swollen a bit back there too. I do gentle massaging and try to switch between extension and flexion positions and exercises to help stretch it out.

Please keep us updated. I hope you have a good outcome!!

Jen
 
Hello... My dermatology appointment is on the 20th of October. The rash/sores has spread. It is on my knee(surgical), stomach, chest, back, hips and neck. They are not bumps or hives but sores that scab over and doesn't seem to heal. My primary care and os have no clue...hopefully my dermatologist can make a diagnosis and treat it
 
I'm sorry to hear about your continuing problems. Has any doctor taken skin scrapings to examine under the microscope yet? I hope the dermatologist can figure it out or if not you might want to seek out an infectious disease doctor that can help with this problem.
 
I hope the dermatologist can help with your skin sores. Has anyone taken swabs of them, to determine if they are infectious in origin?
 
Neither of the doctors took any scrapings. They looked at them and more or less didn't know what they are or the cause. Referred me to a dermatologist.
 
Thank you. I have an appointment Thursday evening. Hoping whatever it is has nothing to do with my tkr
 
Appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow. I was also given a referral for an allergy test (nickel). Anyone know the symptoms for a nickel allergic reaction? I am constantly googling attempting to self diagnose. Hopefully I will have an answer tomorrow.
 
I hope you got some answers. I'm not familiar with nickel allergy symptoms, but hope that whatever your problem is, you can get some help.
Tabby xxx
 
Hello! The dermatologist said he thinks it may be a reaction to my medication. I am taking oxycodone 5 mg and Advil 200 mgs (4 tablets) 2x daily. He did a biopsy and said he should have results in a few days. Advised me to speak to my OS to find an alternative pain relief. Will go to the lab on Tuesday for blood work (nickel allergy test). Thank you!
 
Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope changing your pain meds will do the trick. Good luck with your test results.
Tabby xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom