KarriB
Former BoneSmart staff member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2015
- Messages
- 11,941
- Age
- 70
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I'm glad all the docs are working together to help you!
United StatesGood news! Good to hear all your docs are working together.Hi All!
Finally had my appointment with a rheumatologist. Wish I would have seen him sooner! Officially diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. This diagnosis explains a lot with what's going on with me. This doctor along with my new Ortho is very thorough and competent! I was prescribed prednisone taper to help with the inflammation. Metholoxate with the joints and folic acid to help replace any red blood cell loss.
My Ortho, PC and rheumatologist are all working together to get this ole knee working! In addition to my knee aspiration last week by my new Ortho I had a complete lab work done today. I am feeling quite positive on my recovery! Thank you everyone for your ear and support
@bibi - I've changed your thread title for you.If a moderator could please change my heading to: Revision: Third time the charm?
Thank you!
Hi - sorry to have to do this but can you not use multiple tags, please? Users with mobile devices report that it makes it very difficult for them to access a post very well as the get in the way. Also your friends who have previously posted to you will be watching your thread so there's really no need for them anyway. I have deactivate those tags.Josephine, Celle, Jamie
Went to my appt to receive a second opinion. Had new x-rays OS said the implant is good. Fluid was drawn to rule out infection. He gave me the following options: Leave it as it is....Do a new replacement. If I go that route it may or may not work and I will be in risk of an infection. It's not guaranteed.....Resume physical therapy.
If I decide on a new tkr he wants to wait until the psoriasis is cleared up on my knee. Want to see me in 2 months. He also want me to resume using my walker.
A minor point but ROM is both flexion and extension!I am still at 85-90 ROM and about 13 extension and no this is not a typo.
Has he suggested this or is this your own idea? I would want some clear evidence that there is something wrong with your knee before doing a revision. In my experience, they are not done for that reason alone.I have an OS apt in a couple of weeks my decision has been made. I will have a new TKR done.
I think it's more likely that this pain has been caused by swelling and stiffness.Is there any chance hamstrings can become damaged after a MUA? Since the MUA my hamstring has been very tight and when I try to stretch it very painful. I personally think this is the source of my ROM problem.
This was probably from the psoriasis. Not at all uncommon.I am almost sure I may have an infection in my TKR. About 2 months ago a large boil emerged on my stomach under my breast.
As I said previously, this is unlikely to be an issue.The reason I brought up the abscess is because if it is an infection it could invade the implant.
Well PT never worked before, did it? So it's unlikely to work now.Leave it as it is....Do a new replacement. If I go that route it may or may not work and I will be in risk of an infection. It's not guaranteed.....Resume physical therapy.
But the psoriasis is unlikely to clear up! But there are ways to reduce the risk, like a week of pre-op skin preps with betadine or similar.If I decide on a new tkr he wants to wait until the psoriasis is cleared up on my knee.
At last! They should have prescribed that as soon as they got the lab results!I was prescribed prednisone taper to help with the inflammation.
Therapy I've said about before.1: Replacement 2: Amputation 3: Resume therapy 4:Leave it as it is and live with it.
