TKR Iovera, yes or no?

Dropping by to say Hi on this four month anniversary of your TKR.
I hope you’re adjusting to the little bumps in the road along the way.
Recovery can feel like a challenge at times. Hang in there and know we’re here if you need us. :) Brighter days are on the way!
@dawnG
 
Got on the real bike twice for 20 minutes, all flat. Needed to ice and so painful for a few days.
But still can’t get the knee straight or bend it far enough in flexion. Stuck in a rutt ☹️
 
How do we change the heading in our thread?
 
Hitting 5 months now. This recovery is my whole life. Still not fully extended and flexed. Waking is worse cause the other knee is so bad. Doing what I can to keep my head out of it.
This is so depressing.. which I had a companion to go through this with.
 
When you are on Bonesmart you are never alone. I recovered mostly alone, too, and I was on this site at any hour for many hours! Morning, noon, night, and all night long, someone is always here to converse with. Read other threads and post to them. You'll see that you are not alone!
 
Title changed for you. :flwrysmile:
 
Dawn,
What about arranging some time with friends, family or neighbors every couple days so you have something to look forward to that will help pass the time.
Give some thought to inviting someone over for coffee / dessert, or meet someone for a meal at a restaurant. Hopefully that will help with the loneliness. You are only five months into a recovery that can last for many more months, so if you’re able to stay busy and keep your mind occupied, it may help with the doldrums that can come with recovery. You will always find company here also and the Social Room and Games Room are interesting and fun also. Check them out if you haven’t already!
@dawnG
 
When did most people get going on a bike without agony for days.?? I’ve tried twice on flat surface for 15-20 minutes. Too painful for 3-4 days after.
 
Hi, I don't think I could have tried a real bike at 5-months! 15-20 mins is amazing. If you go to search and type stationary bike/Roy Gardiner, he has great advice that I followed. I think my first time I did 2-3 mins! 5 into 6 months things started to change for me and I know they will for you too. Try increasing your walking when your knee feels better.
 
Dawn I am also at 5 months and I still have pain and stiffness. I think some of us take longer than others and I am hoping at a year, we will feel much better! At least that is what my PT told me. She said that by a year everyone’s recovery evens out.
 
5 into 6 months things started to change for me and I know they will for you too. Try increasing your walking
Agree with Flashlight. I am not a cyclist - poor balance and I find saddle causes cystitis! So I cannot comment on cycling. I can now walk good distances though ( up to 4 miles) and have only minimal soreness/ stiffness by evening. It is definitely still improving at 7 months plus. Keep plugging on. I am still icing if I get any soreness- even minimal.
 
When did most people get going on a bike without agony for days.?? I’ve tried twice on flat surface for 15-20 minutes. Too painful for 3-4 days after.
This is a good indication you spent too much time on the bike. Start out slow, maybe three - five minutes total, IF that feels tolerable, then slowly add time, only a minute or two at a time, at the most, and see how your body reacts. Let your body be your guide. You may only be able to comfortably do five minutes for awhile and that’s okay.
“Pain Is Your Body Asking For Change” So listen to the signals it’s giving you.
 
I was doing 20 minutes away on the stationary bike… on the real bike I feel that clicking 3 fingers above my knee…. I started to push down on it while riding, the clicking stops and I can pedal better with less pain…I know 20 minute seems like a lot.. but it didn’t feel like it.. the stationary bike was harder…. thinking about anti depressants. was on them before for a few years and don’t want to go back.. I know so many people here are going through this….
 
Hi, I don't think I could have tried a real bike at 5-months! 15-20 mins is amazing. If you go to search and type stationary bike/Roy Gardiner, he has great advice that I followed. I think my first time I did 2-3 mins! 5 into 6 months things started to change for me and I know they will for you too. Try increasing your walking when your knee feels better.
I was doing 20 minutes on an old antique stationary bike in the garage. The real bike is easier than the stationary.. but I feel my muscles get a better stretch with the bike. Walking isn’t going well, due to the other knee being a mess.. I walk too funky and that knee hurts. So biking is gonna help me. Thanks for letting me know how you did. I see stories with people hiking a month after and can’t believe that!
 
5 into 6 months things started to change for me and I know they will for you too. Try increasing your walking
Agree with Flashlight. I am not a cyclist - poor balance and I find saddle causes cystitis! So I cannot comment on cycling. I can now walk good distances though ( up to 4 miles) and have only minimal soreness/ stiffness by evening. It is definitely still improving at 7 months plus. Keep plugging on. I am still icing if I get any soreness- even minimal.
I was doing 20 minutes on an old stationary bike. The real bike feels better. But that clicking above the knee is hard.. I have to push down on that spot and it stops after a while. I can’t walk due to the other knee being so bad, I end up walking like a broken tin man.
 
Can someone help me navigate? I’m trying to find others that had a knee replacement close to mine, January 17. I am looking at the forums and see some threads by some people. Trying to see if I am where I should be or not. The experts wrote activities that I should not have started yet. I know we are all different. But I think my PT is pushing me. Everytime I go, I am in agony for days. I only go once a week and feel good and doing well. She manipulates my patella. I’m still using narcotics and that scares me. do I just tap forums and scroll down the threads on the left?
I had a simultaneous bilateral TKR on Jan 20!
 
For hours I go through and click everything in my account, yet still can’t find how to add to my own thread.. someone tell me in easy speak how to do that…please
 
For hours? I am sorry for your frustration, Dawn.
I’d advise you use the navigational bars at the top of your screen. The navy and the white one below the navy. There is always the SEARCH feature (top right) where you can type in your screen name dawnG as well as the Help / Info link which contains many tutorials including the following two, amongst others -

Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom