TKR Iovera, yes or no?

@dawnG, I haven’t been able to use my left knee to get up off the ground for over 20 years. Also haven’t been able to kneel or squat in that time. I have a farm with large gardens. I alternate between bending down from the waist, mini squats like @mendogal described, and (my favorite!) sitting in various positions on a thick yoga type mat. I found a great video that shows the way I get up and down from the ground. It has worked for me after both hip and knee surgeries too.


Give it a try if you want! :)
I watched the video, that’s how I’ve been getting up. I think we kind of figure out what works best for us. That’s so exciting to have a farm and tons of work also. My sister has a massive fruit and vegetable farm and stand. My granny has a cherry farm. And my dad came from an 11 kid family farm. It’s in my blood. I just harvested all my potatoes last week. My body still want to use that knee in the shovel and pitch fork.
But I sit on a 3 person swing during teals and flex that knee back and it’s been helping a lot.
 
That's how I do it except I have a little more butt in the air. :heehee: I still don't get on my knees since I have no kneecaps. To do so is very uncomfortable, besides that, my OS told me not to. Sounds good to me!
No knee caps?
 
I love that you farm too. This is an incredible season on the farm right now. I hope you enjoy yours and it feeds your soul.
I think we kind of figure out what works best for us
I think you’re right. Sometimes we’re smarter than we give ourselves credit for! And our bodies are pretty wise too.
I just harvested all my potatoes last week
I was just getting ready to harvest mine when this heat wave hit! Gonna wait till this weekend…too hot for digging right now.
I sit on a 3 person swing during teals and flex that knee back and it’s been helping a lot.
This sounds like just the kind of thing that would work for my knee. It never liked the typical heel slides. The hanging, swinging, cycling, type of stretches have always felt better. That’s so great that it’s working for you! Sounds like fun :)
 
10 months post op left knee, right to be done next month. I remember the iovera being almost unbelievable painful, grabbing the guard rails pain! But I can’t remember if it helped or not. Can’t decide to do it or not.
 
Hi Dawn,
Will you please leave us the date of your TKR surgery scheduled for next month? We'd like to add the info to your signature and watch for your updates once you're post op. Thanks in advance. I hope you have a good week!
@dawnG
 
Back
Top Bottom