Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

Good luck!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Steve.4kids
Hi Steve,
Did everything go OK with your pre-op Friday? I hope everything is a go for your surgery
 
I just was just reading this topic God Bless you I have you in my prayers


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Steve4kids

I am doing better every day. I am anxiously awaiting the 28th when you get to have your revision surgery! Steve, your new life is just around the corner!
 
My insurance won't cover it, stuck with a plastic knee. I'm going to vent in the next 2 days.surgery was cancelled.
If you can't pay you can't play.....
Thank you
 
:what: :hissy:I can't think of a forum friendly response. So what is your knee now? No metal component?
 
Your OS should be writing to your insurance, that is outrageous that they denied you.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I have a anti biotic spacer in my knee. USC doesn't take the new insurance I got, so my operation had to be canceled. I have to straighten this out, I can't have another dr. Do it.
In much pain, my pain meds run low always run out. I have three adult children living with me. My 32 year old lawyer son screamed in the bathe room calling me to help him. I got there and he was holding is forehead. " Dad he said I trapped it help me cut it out". Ther was blood smeared around the door and mirror. He handed me a rusty box cutter. He was holding his for head. He had been cutting his head because he thought a worm was in it. Looked over seen a blackened spoon and needle. Horror , I felt.
I been finding needles, lots of money missing. My two adult children are heroin addicts, thought I was past all this ,they are both professionals, or were. They sucked everything from us and my daughter. She sent them to rehab, didn't work. No mercy for us, they will,destroy us. All this while I have been struggling with this infection.
I feel like killing myself. I won't. I'm in a hell. To weak , to poor, I'm beaten.
It can always get worse is what I keep saying. Sometimes everything goes bad and more on top of it.
So take heart it can get worse. As long as you have a chance and hope your in there.

I will post my operation to continue my revision when I can get this mess with my insurance fixed.
Can you imagine going to a county hospital halfway through a revision. I'm still blessed, I will get it reinstated. It will just take a while. You who have had revisions from infections know how horrible it can get. But I'm alive and have a chance and so does my family
Steve
 
They didn't deny me. A sales person sold me a prescription drug plan, it wasn't it was a whole plan for hospitals too. USC doesn't take Scan, I had United health care. I can switch back next month.
Never believe anyone my fault for not checking. They sai it would all transistion easy, wrong. And you can't just pick up the phone and change, I had this new insurance Jan. 1st, trie 3 days later to get my old one back. No way. Too many people, my problem. I will suffer, my mistake. Tried to save a few bucks. It will be ok, it's just pain and suffering. I feel the fool for many reasons
 
I'm sorry you've hit another bump in the road, Steve.
I hope you can get the insurance sorted out quickly. Can your surgeon help at all?
 
No @Celle as you say just bumps in the road, it will all work out. It the Medicare enrollment, and me not paying attention and not checking for myself. A little more pain, but something good may come of it, that's how I must think. Some people don't have any insurance.
 
Steve, so what type of insurance do you have? It sounds like you could use a break from the kids and I happen to know a dr. In TX who is pretty fantastic...:wink:

By the way, how close is Upland to the Redlands, Sacramento, or Tracy?
 
@RestAssured

Gee . Let me guess. Dr. Maal. I read all your posts. The Dr. Is fine , Dr. Oakes head of USC joint replacement department , in Los Angeles. It will work out , it will take a month to switch back to my old insurance. It jut another month of waiting. Thank you.
I'm in Upland , Ca. In San Bernardino County, it's 18..20 miles east of L.A. Redlands is about 30 minutes east of me.
Glad you watching out for everyone. Got to go with it ,
 
Oh Steve, I'm sorry to hear this. There is so much to consider with insurance. I wouldn't have a clue because I've just always had the insurance my employer subscribed to and it's been good so far. You're in my prayers. Have you tried AlAnon? I'm sure it's hard to get out with the spacer right now.
 
@KarriB
Thanks Karri. Keep the good energy to the new knee people, you really help.
It will all be ok. Others have it so much worse with no hope. I got that , ups and down, you been there.
 
@KarriB
Two successful profesional grown
men, always kids to me, addiction, never dreamed it, infection, never knew about it.
Prayers to all who have loved ones, or are themselves fighting addiction and infections, Ithought I was done with this stuff.
Hey gotta keep going and trust in our faith.
 
@RestAssured

Thank you. You make it easier. Wish I could have tea or coffee with you.
I'm crawled to the balcony to stop them from turning off my water. I forgot to pay the bill.
 
@RestAssured

Thank you. You make it easier. Wish I could have tea or coffee with you.
I'm crawled to the balcony to stop them from turning off my water. I forgot to pay the bill.

Oh I know! I am just frustrated and hate it when I see people hurting! I will be praying for a quick surgery time after the insurance is resolved. By the way, you live about 30 minutes from my Aunt and Uncle who live in Redlands!:friends: Maybe when I go see them in April, we can meet!
 
@RestAssured

Gee . Let me guess. Dr. Maal. I read all your posts. The Dr. Is fine , Dr. Oakes head of USC joint replacement department , in Los Angeles. It will work out , it will take a month to switch back to my old insurance. It jut another month of waiting. Thank you.
I'm in Upland , Ca. In San Bernardino County, it's 18..20 miles east of L.A. Redlands is about 30 minutes east of me.
Glad you watching out for everyone. Got to go with it ,
You are in my prayers!
 
Back
Top Bottom