Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

Steve, I am so glad things are going well- in fact wonderful. It took at lot of patience and self control. You will need them for for recovery, but that leads to much better things.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
LTKR March, 2014
RTKR September 2014, infection revision December 2014, second infection redo July 2015
 
I got a new knee 7 days ago and walked straight legged. Hard to believe it's been a year since I had a tkr. 2 sessions of 8 week IV therapy
112 days of Skilled Nursing Facility. 5 operations, and 22 days in the hospital, housebound the remainder of the year, unable to walk. I'm laying here in bed with ice. No sign of infection but I know it may be growing now. I hope not but if does , what can you do.
The last surgery, to get the spacers out , was tough, mostly because I am tall and don't fit in the hospital bed.
I woke up with all the IV stuff and something new, KETERMINE, dropping in me. Felt no pain but very weird .
I will start participating in this forum as soon as I can clear my head.
Thank you all who have been encouraging me. To those who may just be starting a battle with infection, hang in there. It will get better.
Steve
 
Been thinking and praying for you, Steve, so happy to hear things are looking brighter for you. Is the ID doc saying anything about continued antibiotics for you?
 
We have been praying and thinking about you! I am glad to read of your progress and it is a fine update---let those cobwebs clear and please keep the updates coming----here is for much better days to come for you---you have been through so much, it is high time that you get on with a normal lifestyle!
 
Steve,
Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
 
Wishing you a healthy and happy knee. :)
 
Oh Steve, I hope this is finally the end of this journey for you! I pray your recovery goes well….please update us when you can.
 
@Steve4kids ssw you posted on someone's thread hat you're walking a bit with a cane. Yay! That's great news! Are you still on an antibiotic? How does the knee/leg feel? I sure all your muscles etc. are weak and sore from this journey.
 
Well I lost my picture and can't figure out how to get on.@KarriB

I got my new knee Revision 6 weeks ago. It was rough, I am so weak, I think the infection is gone.
All the muscles in my legs are Jello. I walked with a cane half a block, I could barely make it back. I'll take it
It's a great start. My leg falls to 90 degrees. I have minimal pain.
I will start therapy in another two weeks.
It's hard , but I've come along way and when I put it in that context I'm really doing great. I remember everyone
Telling me hang in there it will get better, and it has.
ANY ONE WHO GETS INFECTED , IT CAN REALLY MESS YOU , HANG IN THERE IT WILL GET BETTER.
I have to keep working to get walking.
 
When I got out if the imbolizer my leg was weak and you were immobile fir far longer than me. You're on the other side, take it nice and easy. I'm so so happy for you! :yes!:
 
I'm walking feel,good. What a year. Feel real old, but hey if you get mrsa , mssa, hang in there.
I'm so much better .

Takes time, still have a ways to go but it got better.
 
Doctor said no PT, not for two more months. Yes!!!!!
I don't need some kid bending my leg. He seems blown away I'm doing so well

Saved my leg....I got 90 degrees. So happy , hurts to bend but I'll take it.

If you have infection , hang in there. So dark I thought I would never come out.
@Roy Gardiner
Soon I'm going to try a bike, you were right Roy
I think it might happen this year
 
so glad you are doing better! what a difficult year you have had and deserve the very best to come.

k
 
Try riding a recumbent bike. I love mine, it really loosened up my knee.
 
Hi @Steve4kids ! Happy to see things are going well for you. I don't want to think about how week my leg is. Even when they replace the knee the tendon will be getting a graft. Another 6 weeks immobile. I am working the other leg right now. It has been bothering me and with all the extra duty it has had I need to keep the strength up:)
 
Back
Top Bottom