THR I'm on the other side!!

Oh @newguy, you are an inspiration.

It’s lucky for you that you are safely across the pond or I would be trying to lure you to my garden for some tree planting!
 
Slow and steady, that’s the way to do it. You’re doing great! I love that you understand and respect that just because you’re feeling well and making steady progress, you’re not there yet. Healthy mindset!
Have a great end to the week!
@newguy
 
Zelcova Green Vase. On island in front of house. Oh and this working everyday. Easy but I thought I was retired:))) . Nope I sub teach everyday . Plus yes I am working with the high jumpers on the track team . :)))
 
Ok , I found my match today . Buying 22 bags of mulch at Home Depot . Loading 12 on cart walking / pushing 12 bags from back of store to front to truck . Put on driveway then go back for 10 more . Then walk 8 bags to backyard tossing each one over the fence . Neighbors sons got the rest as a surprise!!! Nice helpers !!Walking 5 miles then helping my crazy wife out back cleaning and working the yard / garden . Then clearing parts of area behind our fences. I’m done cooked . Ouch . But hip does not hurt but my leg is a bit sore . The surgeon said it would take anothe 6 months to fully heal . I believe it!!!
 
@newguy you're amazing with all you manage to do! Thinking you're going to be using some ice tonight. :ice:
That's ok, even at almost 3 years out we can still overdo and benefit from ice. I was icing like crazy last night and will probably do some more tonight.
 
Uh oh!
I hope you’re not too miserable in the morning.
That Was A Lot!
@newguy
 
Wow! I will be most interested in how you feel in the next few days. Knowing you? You will do just fine but don't be too proud to accept that you need a few days to recover and give yourself that time.
 
Walked 7 miles today help move some more bags of mulch . I continue to protect my hip only doing what I feel is comfortable. I believe my upper body strength and the fact that I have been running for 50+ years has helped . But yes being careful and my walking program now helps:))) We Good!!
 
On teachers desk I am subbing for today . Theater class . Even with all the work we did my hip is great . :))) 16 weeks manana!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    A9747863-3F79-4C09-9E52-805C8DF4D81B.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Those are rather dark titles for children’s books.

Glad to read no residual effects on Sunday, after all you did on Saturday and same goes today since it looks like you were pretty active yesterday also. You’re doing great!
Happy 16 weeks a day early! @newguy
 
Those are actually adult books from 2010 . Oh yes dark :))) Funny day . All good. He is a very good teacher . Is on trip to Italy with 37 middle school kids from NC :)))
 
Wow! It is Good Friday, and for you…a good Friday!
Enjoy the weekend and have a Happy Easter!
@newguy
 
4 months today . !! Walking between 6 and 10+ miles a day . Splitting wood again , working everyday .
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    323F77E1-5481-43E7-B8FD-C3AC0FB78F9B.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 96
Happy Four Month Anniversary! You’re doing so well.
Thanks for sharing your great recovery here. Your sensible approach is paying off.
I‘ll bet it feels great to be getting back to things like splitting wood. I recall even appreciating grocery shopping once I could do it again without struggling in pain.
Happy Thursday, it is the gateway to the weekend…I hope yours is all you want it to be. :)
@newguy
 
New guy, you are a rock star! I just read your thread from start to finish. I was never much of a runner so when I was told to give it up, I was fine with it. But I do get the angst of stopping the athletic things you love. I’m only 17 days out and I’m missing my almost daily forays on my spin bike and my Pilates sessions. Golf season is approaching and I am hoping at my 6 week X-ray and follow up I get the green light to putt and chip (scoring is all about the short game, anyway). I’ve gotten lots of encouragement from golfing friends who are back playing, but everyone at their own pace. I’m following your lead on walking and will probably do two miles this afternoon, maybe a bit more. I posted about this elsewhere but I have been on a high protein diet since surgery and have tried to eliminate most processed foods and sugar. I am having wine at dinner, though (part of following your lead). I had a lot of bruising, my leg looked like an eggplant but it’s much better. Most important, very little if no pain. Stiff in the morning but better as I get moving, and even the tenderness around the incision is far better as well. Trying to stay on the dream recovery route. We do part ways on the wood splitting, though. Not much call for that in Manhattan.
 
Today is 19 weeks PO. Walked 50 miles last week. 15-17 min a mile. Leg is getting stronger every week. I can as of last week now able to bring leg across opposite leg to easily get sock on. No limp, things are good. Stretching , still splitting wood for a firepit we ... Still Do Not Have!! :))) Will get one but hey its North Carolina and its hot already. No rush and the wood needs to season.
 
Hi there @newguy
You continue to impress me. You’re doing so great in your recovery! Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks for the update. :wave:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom