TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Came back from eye dr. The one I wanted to see had no available appts til Dec so settled with the former head of the practice. Ok he was a tad old, even the dates on his diploma faded he kept forgetting to turn off light when doing eye chart forgot to put drops in to dilate had to give him a few prompts. Oh well, he was so sweet. My eyes went back to the rx after my knee surgery so the ones I was wearing were not good. And to sweeten the pot have the start of cataracts. Geesh, no fun getting older
Feel good everyone ❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Back to work today. New kids new teachers. Not happy. Really loved being home


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Susanne

Just catching up on your thread. I had to smile when you said about prompting the eye doc...I am so Sorry to read you have the start of cataracts.

I will have to get an eye appointment. Reading your post made me really think. Plus mom has Glaucoma and has had her cataracts treated. The Glaucoma can apparently be hereditary and I've been moaning about my eyesight for the last couple of years. Time to do something about this.

I so feel for you returning to work when you'd got nice and settled at home. Trouble is what has to be done, has to be done. Drives you crazy at times.

I hope that Kitty is ok. It's pretty chilly here at the moment, hasn't seemed to get light today, rainy and windy, very miserable xxx

Nice to be home but totally overwhelming again, after staying in my caravan that stays so tidy it's worrying!

Lovely to hear from you xxx
 
Hi all. Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone
Finally my knee is doing so much better. After I was told there was soft tissue damage from when I cleaned out my mothers apt. Now that that's better I can concentrate on my right knee
Going for gel injections as soon as it's approved by insurance company
Found out I have pinched nerve in neck that is causing my hands to go numb with pins and needles. Since I would never go under knife dr suggested a home traction contraption. Can u picture me with straps around my head with water weight slung over my door. Hopefully I may grow a few inches.
Spent thanksgiving in Chicago with my daughter and her boyfriends family. A little weird and sad without my mom being here.
All in all its been a quit few months. Now waiting for the daughter to drive home for Xmas vacation. Staying with me, but not allowed to have dogs! If anyone knows a way to disguise a pit bull please let me know
Miss you all especially my venting sessions
Hope everyone is feeling good!!!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

@Nana moon 27 . The second pix is for your granddaughter
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
susanne,
Glad to hear you knee is doing well, those first Holidays are tough after losing your Mom.
You could dress your pit bull as a penguin :happyfeet:.
 
@susanne, glad to hear you are doing well! Let me know next time you're in Chicago! My daughter lives on the north side and has had great luck with Dogvacay.com. Mention it to your daughter if she has to leave the dog home.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I meant to add that the injections worked great for me for a couple of years. I know they don't work for everyone, but I hope they help you as much as they did for me.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
To all my bone smart family near and far just want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday a healthy and peaceful new year
May all your aches and pains be few and far between
With love to you all
❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Going on 2 years knee replacement !!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Happy Ankneeversary @susanne

I hope all is okay with you. I just posted an update on my two year Akneeversary too. How time flies xx

Thanks for the pic of Kitty. It's lovely. I didn't get the alert for this thread so I'll show her when I see her

It must've seemed strange without your mom Susanne, she was such a wonderful character. I remember the pics of how glamorous she was xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 2 years out!!!!Going for my 2 year check up for my knee tomorrow. Just hoping that with 30 inches of snow dr will show up!
Now to find someone to clean car
Since having my other shoulder replaced the right one has been hurting. I saw that surgeon and had X-ray done of it. Seems some cement loosened and came off. Showed up in X-ray. Said not to worry yet! After all he's the chief ortho at hospital so I guess I'll wait and see
This is what my neighborhood looks like. This is my SUV stuck in snow !
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow @susanne

That's some serious snow! All we've had in the midlands is a light dusting the other week. Happy Ankneeversary Susanne.

I am sorry to hear your other shoulders playing up. I love how Kitty is as warm as toast indoors looking at the snow. He has the right idea. How will you get to the hospital? Good luck. In op all goes well

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
@Josephine. Here's s question for you. No one seems to help. From neuro to pain management Drs
It's been 2 years since My Ltkr and 6 yrs since 2nd rt hip replacement
My problem is not joint but excruciating leg pain not only in ankle of rt leg but whole rt leg From ankle to upper leg Feels like leg encased in cement now affecting inner thigh muscle (who knew I had one)!last night up crying for 2 hrs applied ice leg cream Xanax aleve and more magnesium.
Just had radio frequency and epidural in left side of back. Still pain.
Don't know what kind of dr to see
Any suggestions
Or had anybody else feel this?
Any help with be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Having experienced it, this sounds like sciatic pain to me. When did you have your injection? It sometimes takes awhile for them to have any effect.
 
Jaycee. No. Nothing like sciatica. That already have. This is such an awful kind of leg/ankle and hip cramp


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi all. More info on my 5 replacements and going strong page
Scheduled for laminectomy and possible fusions in back
Dr wouldn't clear me kidney functions not working properly and severe anemia. Went to specialist who after lots of tests said I have chronic kidney disease probably due to all the Advil , aleve and Bp meds. She cleared me but internist won't she thinks I have a bleed somewhere so off to GI Dr for more tests
On top of all that my health insurance changes June 1st, just my luck
To be continued
Ann good to hear from you
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry to hear about your Kidney problem, l was also diagnosed with that after taking Advil etc for far too long. Hope you get things sorted out soon.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom