Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

So sorry to hear this @susanne ! Hope you can get the kidney issues sorted. Back surgery is not fun (says one who has been there). But in many cases it does ease symptoms. Fingers crossed for you!
 
Oh Susanne

I'm sorry to hear about your kidney problem. I think you're so strong and brave with all you've gone through. Sending you a (((big hug))) love Ann xxx
 
Blood tests showed numbers went down with kidney tests good sign. Now to get this bleed under control
Xo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. Has anyone heard from our friend Legin ????


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Absolutely nothing at all. It's been most unusual. I hope he's ok too xxx

How are you getting on with your knee now. It's been over two years and I can't believe how fast that's gone !!!!
 
So I cancelled my laminectomy - too many signs got a very nervous feeling that I shouldn't do it. Opted fora epidural instead. Had procedure today. He did injections on both sides of lower back Since I've had this procedure 3 times before I opted for no anesthesia . The procedures went well until the nurse says ok let's move your to the chair. Panic set in I couldn't move my legs from hips down.

Now I'm not one to panic easily but I kind of went a little crazed, yelling for them to get the doctor asap. I got so scared as the numbness went up into my hips. Felt like I was en cased in cement. No feelings whatsoever. Dr came in rolled me into gurney and reassured me it's temporary, this happens when the meds reach certain parts of spine which is a good thing. So as I was wiping my tears and trying to be calm he said it will wear off in an hour.

So I sat on gurney being monitored and sure enough feeling came back slowly Of course when I tried to get up with nurses help, 3 steps I was done. Back to gurney finally after an hour I regained my feeling and was wheeled out to my car. And of course out to dinner.

Back in so much torturous pain had to use cane to walk. Left leg and hip was so much in pain finally got home laid on ice and by midnight pain subsided. I laid on ice for remainder of nigh.

So my question is this I've had this before and I never had this problem. Has anyone on this site ever gone through this? Or thought about why this happened?

Better now it's 5 am. Procedure was yesterday at 4pm. Is it just my luck?? Feeling so confused. I trust this Dr as he has been treating my sister, who has bone cancer, for her pain

Thanks for letting me vent this obnoxiously long story
Susanne

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry that happened, Susanne. I don't know enough about it to help you, so I'm going to ask @Josephine .
 
That's an horrific story, Susanne. You poor thing! But effectively what he did on you was tantamount to spinal anaesthesia. It does happen occasionally and is one reason why I would never advise anyone to have these injections. Apart from the fact that the success rate with them is actually minimal. The only plus side is that this effect is generally temporary and does wear off completely as a rule.

I'm so sorry you had such a scare.
 
It was so weird because I've had these injections so many times before and nothing like this ever happened. He also did both sides of back
At night I was in horrendous pain couldn't sleep at all
Today I feel great even t right knee doesn't hurt at all
Hoping this relief will last awhile will keep you posted.
Ps if this is what back surgery will fell like I think I'm done!
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Oh my, what a horrible experience, glad you are feeling better today.
Take good care,
 
Thanks all
I've started going to chair yoga
Too bad all the stretches even on a chair are difficult arms raising knee lifts and hip sways. But I'll persevere
I know what I can and cannot do but did have a fun time
Thanks for all the well wishes
 
Hi Susanne

I'm glad you seem a little better X love the idea of chair yoga. I'm going to google and find out about it. How is your pain at the moment?

Love Ann xxx
 
Loving chair yoga. Some things a little hard like some arm stretches and some seating stretches. But have so much fun. At school we had yoga teacher for the kids. Loved herb did it with the kids in a chair. She teaches a little far from me but might travel for the class. Also found yoga studio ages blocks from the manse. He doesn't teach chair yoga but invited me to come on Thursday afternoons when he teaches 3 seniors 80 and up. I'm sure they're more flexible than I am. Also looking for surgeon who will do a redo on my rt shoulder. Pain is getting a little worse even though I should go back to original but a little skeptical. My other shoulder great. Tkr knee a little wobbly and hip ok
Can't complain. It's only 103 here with such high humidity who can go outside
Hope everyone is doing well
Susanne ( new yogi)
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
I'm so going to try this chair yoga! I love your pic, you look lovely. I hope that you can get your shoulder redone. What's happened?
 
So my 5 day beach vacation with the girls lasted 3 days. As I was leaving restaurant missed the last step and down I go. Very gracefully I might add
Was rushed to hospital by police boat in and out within 30 minutes. Has xray nothing broken just bad sprain on both sides. Going back to see my own ortho
Will keep you posted. I might have to be encased in a body armor
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear about your latest fall, @susanne :console2:
I hope your ankles soon start to feel better. Lots of rest, ice, elevation should help.
 
Back
Top Bottom