TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi all. Has anyone ever heard of flexogenix? Is non surgical options for knee joint pain or kneegenix. Is this another name for the roosters comb injections. Going for free consultation with a different orthopedic group
Consult is free. I thought I would go to see what it entails. I'm looking for alternatives for my rt knee but I keep hearing that old saying if it's too good to be true it probably .......
Thanks for any advice
Back to see back surgeon. Getting worse still not sure if I should see neuro or spine specialist
This group I found on google and in my neighborhood so o figure j have nothing better to do after work than check it out. Had the gel injection in August but think I messed up my whole alignment with the sprained ankle. That dr I'm seeing Thursday

Well thanks again for listening
Susanne

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is very similar to the Visco supplement shots. If you have some space left it can buy you time before a TKR.
 
Susanne, what a time you have had!...I hope things start improving for you:console2:
by the way...I loved your sunset pictures :flwrysmile:
 
From what I can see it's a 'treatment' for O/A in the knee (no mention of hips!). I was somewhat interested until I saw this (in bold). NOTHING stops the progression of arthritis! So another snake oil product!

"Learn how our specialized knee pain relief treatment program can help you avoid surgery and stop the progression of osteoarthritis. The Knee-Flex 5-Step effectively reduces pain and improves your quality of life."
 
Josephine I went and had consult with the dr. He uses stem cell treatments Uses ur own blood
He follows you for a year during your treatment first a week
Later than 6 weeks and so on
He also works with an Exercise plan to keep joint stable.
I spoke with a women when I left his office. She had both knees using stem cell and never felt better
Any thoughts on stem cell to treat knee and hip problems
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Susanne.....the stem cell treatments have not proven to give good consistent results. They are not covered by insurance and are expensive. The few members we've had here on BoneSmart have not had relief from pain with them, so I really caution you about investing that much time and money into something that may not solve your problem.
 
A co-worker had stem cell treatment in both her knees, but a year later needed partials in both knees. The stem cell treatment was not covered by her insurance as Jamie said.
 
I know it's not covered by insurance. The dr I found treats you for a year along with exercise program. First visit 1 week after than 6 weeks than every 2 months to see how the knee is feeling. Saw my surgeon today and she thinks all or most of my issues is coming from the back
I also spoke with 2 different patients at the stem cell drs office 1 going in for 2nd visit happy as can be with results as was the one leaving. He said he never felt better
My knee isn't so bad yet I just want to have some semblance of a life where I can move and walk
I'll try anything to avoid another surgery
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Saw another surgeon routine for my hip redo from work. Asked him about stem cell for knees and he said he performs PRP Platelet Rich Plasma injections. He also said it can last 5-10 years which I found hard to believe
Has anyone had either of this?
Any thoughts on the PRP??
Thanks
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Ok so now new problem has come up
Since my bad ankle sprain August 31st still have a wrap on it
I am so out of whack between my left knee rt hip and bad back now I think I'm over compensating as other ankle giving be problems. But the scariest if all is that sometimes when I'm walking my so called good rt knee buckles and I feel like I'm going down
This is the knee I recently had the gel injection in. Anything I mean I'll do anything to not have my knee done. Although the dr said still not that bad
U sometimes get such burning in both knees ( too) that I wish I could turn my knees inside out
Also, spoke to the woman who had the PRP that I mentioned before. A week later she feels great. No knee pain !!! Any other thoughts on this plan of action? Saw 2 drs who highly recommend this procedure
Thanks
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Suzanne,
I do not know much about PRP, I would imagine success depends on the condition of your knee. Suggest you write down the positives and negatives of PRP before making a decision.
 
Hi all. Did some heavy reading about PRP. Met with dr for free consult
after much explaining I told him I'd think about it and let him know. Part of his treatment is that you follow up with him for a year or every 6 weeks in case you might need a booster of more blood. So before I left he taped my knee up and felt good. As I was going to my car a woman stopped me asking if I went to see about PRP treatment. She told me she's going to if it will help her. We exchanged phone numbers. She called me back that night and said she's going for injections in both knees next week. I figured let her be Guinea pig. To make a long story short she had the blood wk done injected into both knees said it hurt a bit and she was told to rest for 24 hrs, but to get up ever 2 hrs to walk around and stretch. We've been talking now for a few weeks and she said she can't believe how much better she feels. So I may just give it a go since my surgeon said knee isn't that bad
Now for the best part. When I fell last August my ankle still not good was in knee boot which killed my back hip and other knee ( even with extenders for other shoe). Just couldn't do it so kept ankle brace on which dr recommended
I saw him last week said I need MRI. Not healing so well
What a surprise. We couldn't have done this 21/2 months ago. So it shows besides the sprains and edema a torn ligament
Best to come is that he never called like he said about results bc he reads them and
he won't be back in office for 3 weeks!!!? Do I actually have a huge black cloud over my head? Making appts with another ankle specialist
The only good thing going for me is my daughter coming home for thanksgiving
So still in horrible pain in back now ankle. 1 dr said if u do back surgery your recovery will so much longer bc of the chain reaction going on with
joints Next step back to chiropractor for some alignment
Or the smart thing would be to go out on disability and collect social security
Happy Thanksgiving to all
Again thanks for letting me vent
Susanne



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Oh dear, Susanne. You do seem to have bad luck! :console2: :friends:

I'm glad you're going to seed another ankle specialist. I hope he/she can do something to help. I think that trying to walk with such a sore ankle must be affecting your back adversely as well.
Do let us know how you get on.
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
SENDING HAPPY AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY WISHES AND FOR A PAIN FREE AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR
Love
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Happy and healthy 2017 to all my
Bone smart family
Thank you all for always being there
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Back
Top Bottom