Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
This is getting insane. I think I might need to find someone who specializes in balancing therapy
All this for the one sunset picture you need[. And to make matters worse when I got out of bed this am grabbing a crutch or cane lost balance fell backwards into night table book case more pain added to back[emoji26]

I think it was worth it for some of theses 100s more. And no filter
Now we are bracing for hurricane storm warnings. I'll have to tie a rope to my car handle and to me. I'll be like the wicked witch
Be safe everybody
Love


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne your humour is shining through as always. I hope your foot is getting better. Sending you a big hug x
 
Well I finally got a gel injection in my right knee. Next day saw ankle Ortho who put be in a boot up to my knee. This is not fun. Besides the fact that it weighs 31/2 lbs it is killing my Ltkr my right hip and my back. Went to surgical store who said 1) it's the wrong size they fitted you for a Med that's for men and 2) he fitted me for a shorter one. So far Bills keep coming in and I keep putting them aside. To top it off back in classroom for 3 days and covering for 2
Just can't get a break!! 2 steps forward 3 steps back. Going back to ortho in 3 weeks but will be sure to call tomorrow to complain. Again thanks my friends for letting me vent

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray


My new fall boot--- no pun intended
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne, I'm so sorry for all these issues. Any possibility of a muscle relaxant to help relieve some of these new stresses and aches? Hope your body finds a workaround for sitting, standing and walking, and that in a few months, this will all be behind you!
 
Susanne, I think we have one more bubble wrap suit left and we may need to send it your way! Hope you start feeling better soon.
 
Haha. And thanks. Bubble wrap in extra large please. So miserable all I do is eat!!!
Love to you all
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Found small on Amazon $17+
So happy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Susanne,
Happy you found one for a reasonable price, let us know how it works.
 
Also went back to ortho and had another person fit me for boot
This ones a small ( I'm finally wearing a small. Who cares if it's an orthopedic boot) weighs 2lbs and feels much better. Told me to keep icing and elevating. He is also surprised I'm still working.
I can't believe how much use I've gotten out of my pillow wedge these past 2 years. Best investment ever.
I think if the director saw me he'd tell me to leave and come back when healed.

Thanks again everyone'
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Ok---now went back to pain management dr. Even though the epidural didn't work and he had no other option but to advise me that surgery should be the next course of action. He said that the dr I wanted to use who had such a great reputation is no longer top neuro surgeo. He gave me a referral to see a spine specialist.

So my plan is boot removal 3 weeks, find local internist (once they hear what insurance I have they say they are not seeing new patients) then find spine dr and between all this researching ---ice elevate and try new med dr gave me. Has anyone had any success with dilaudid for pain. He started me on low dosage 2mg

And to top everything else off the rt knee where I got gel injections keeps giving out sort of buckling hoping its because of the boot. So now I'm icing ankle rt knee and for good measure Left TKR knee too
What a life!!

[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

New boot. Kids keep playing with the blue clown nose as they call it. Guess you have to laugh at some point

Thanks again for all your well wishes
Will keep you posted..
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Thanks. Couldn't imagine why it wasn't there
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Hi. Has anyone ever experienced a shooting stabbing pins and needles feeling in the back of their non TKR knee cap and behind it? I received a gel shot in my right knee. This was 2 weeks ago and was told it would take up to 6 weeks to feel any result.

Well the results I felt was a deep pain in back of knee and not as intense as in the front It got so bad I took 2 Xanax and a Tramadol. I'm not too sure about this mixture. I iced rubbed put ice in front and back and elevate. And when all else fails cry.

I wasn't able to stand, put pressure on it walk. I just hopped to kitchen for more ice packs. Don't know why this is happening. Could it be from gel injection. This has been the third time it's happened. It's nothing like the leg cramps that's so mild compared to this
Plus I get pins and needles from knee down??? Don't know what to do called dr waiting for some reply

I did nothing out of ordinary except sit outside in a chair reading a book. Any one have any clue ? It's just the back of my knee cap and a bit in front.

Suggestions welcomed please
Thanks
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Sounds like it might be a reaction to the injection? Let's tag @Josephine for the expert opinion.
 
This was 2 weeks ago and was told it would take up to 6 weeks to feel any result.
Well, it's not six week yet, is it? This is likely to happen, I'm afraid.
It got so bad I took 2 Xanax and a Tramadol. I'm not too sure about this mixture.
Neither am I! I suggest you take TWO Tramadol and two 500mg Tylenol instead of the Xanax.
I iced rubbed put ice in front and back and elevate.
You RUBBED ice on your knee? A very bad thing to do. Ice packs should be used, preferably wrapped in a light towel.
 
Hi Josephine. Thanks for your info
I didn't mean literally rubbed ice just figure of speech
I spoke to my Drs PA who said it's probably from the weight of the knee boot and getting more flare ups in back and knee from lugging this 21/2 lb boot around ( from sprained ankle August 31st)
I called ankle dr ( he also does knees and hips) but was told he's out of country and no one covering for him
Found that a little odd. 1 more doctor to cross off my list
Thanks again
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom