Guest viewing is limited

TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi Suzanne
My heart goes out to you, it looks awful. Can I just ask did you get bruising under the foot as well as the horrible swelling? If you did, as I know from my recent experience, it should be xrayed whilst standing up to eliminate injuries other than sprained ankle. There's a "lis franc injury" which I now have which often goes undiagnosed hence this question. With my foot/ankle injury i have been amazed that all the wisdom and ideas from Bonesmart re hip applies to the foot too! I am about to start a physio " balance group" an hour of exercises per week to strengthen ankles and improve balance. i hope it works - when your ankle is fully better have you got anything like that near you?

You are not a klutz (dictionary definition " a clumsy, stupid person) you are Susanne who is such a pleasure to know through Bonesmart x
 
Ouch! Boy did I once when I saw that photo! Good heavens girl......take it easy!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
My ankle hurts in sympathy, ouch, it must hurt.
You would benefit from balance training, especially after an ankle sprain, PT and Tai Chi can help with your balance.
 
Much better thanks. Going to surgeon for shoulder check up able to lift arm unassisted. Yay now most of my parts work
This is for your granddaughter
Kitty update
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Ps no bruising under foot. Just ankle
I've had 6 casts on my ankle from my 20s til now mainly from playing tennis when I was young. All tendons and ligaments stretched out
Thank You everyone for your concern
I was more afraid i hurt my knee
All good
Thanks again❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks @susanne

Yaay, how wonderful you can raise your arm without having to help it. That's just fantastic news. Jamie Sommers (bionic woman series from the 1970's) watch out! :running:

My granddaughter adores Kitty. She said she looks "chilled out". By the way she's excelled in her dance exams again. She got a gold medal and full distinction. The only one in the troupe to get this achievement. Not bad to say what a rotten start she had in life with Epilepsy, Asthma and total body Eczema! She's no longer on medication for her Epilepsy, she only has Eczema in the creases of her joints, her face is completely clear and soft, her asthma is no problem. She's been truly blessed.

She said that she hopes your shoulder gets well and tell Kitty she is gorgeous!

Keep up this wonderful progress

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I'd had to increase pain med a touch last night. Falling over my grandsons legs has triggered my pain levels up a bit. Keira told me I was wrong, she laughed at me.

Sincerest apologies and and to beautiful Kitty too x x x I've amended the post too.

How are you doing today? I'm so tired. Just been card making etc xxx

Big hugs love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Very very funny!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Ann ankle much better but with the rain fri night every joint from my shoulders to ankle ache!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks. Doing better. In the process of having my bathroom remodeled. Good bye tub hello shower with a bench seat. Getting old!
Just curious did anyone who wears glasses have a change in their eyesight after surgery?
After my tkr my eyesight changed and had to get new rx now after shoulder replacement having the same problem
Did this happen to anyone?
Going for my next radioactive burning of nerve endings in back tomorrow
Thought I was doing better until Sunday morning I tried to bend down to feed kitty and couldn't bend!!!
My knees are so achy figured I'd walk in the neighborhood or ride bike for 10 formins a day and work my way up Worried about going back to work in 2 weeks. So not looking forward to that
Hope everyone doing well
❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
There has been some note thru research on the eyesight thing I think its to do with a response to the trauma and stress. I do know its a smaller side effect to my condition.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Susanne,

My eyesights awful since surgery. I've always been shortsighted (myopic) but it's definitely worse. I keep promising self to go to the opticians.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom