TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi all this is a knee update. Since I was having such severe pain in knee of course my mind wanders to the worst case scenario but the gods are with me today. I overworked my knee. Guess cleaning and lugging not such a bright idea. So ibuprofen ice and relax was my Drs orders. Just so relieved that I didn't do anything to implant
I will stay put and do nothing for the next couple of days. Ice is my new best friend
Hope everyone is feeling good
Who would have thought that a year and a half still have to be so careful
Off to do my shoulder exercises. Yes in bed!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️to all


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Lovely to hear from you Susanne. I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry your knees acting up but relieved it's not damaged...phew!!! Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xx

Think I'll have to 'fess up in my thread about yesterday's ODIC.

Mmmmm....maybe xxx

Catch you soon xx
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Glad you are okay after your overwork and pleased you can rest up for a while. Bet you miss your daughter and her dog when they are not with you but at least you can have some peace! Look after yourself and hope the rest ice elevate helps you X
 
Hi all. Ok I'm joining the ranks of the over doing it club. Since seeing the PA and being reassured that the knee implant is fine, elevating , icing and a mix of Advil and Tylenol still not helping. Although she keeps reassuring me not to worry she's ordering an MRI just to be on safe side. It seems that when I move it feels better but if I sit too long my knee gets so stiff and is so painful to walk. Have been using my good old wedge and wrapping knee in ice at night but thru out day having difficulty walking
Getting a little nervous about what they can do for soft tissue damage if that is what' it is
Hate the waiting game and getting so frustrated. Shoulder still in sling so can't go walking in pool til end of August and that's when I start pt for shoulder
Why is it always 3 steps forward 2! Steps back
Not in a happy place right now
If anyone' has any suggestions please feel free to advise. I know I'm jumping the gun here thinking the worse but I'm at wits end
Thanks again for my monthly venting and ranting session
Love to all
Susanne



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
disproportianate


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi, Susanne....sorry you're having a rough time right now. You've been through so much since your knee surgery, I'm not surprised that your body just needs to "chill out" a bit and regroup. I do think you should not worry about the possibility of "soft tissue damage." I would be very surprised if anything you are experiencing is permanent. You just need to be able to heal from both your surgeries. I don't know if a virtual hug will help, but I'll send you one anyway!

Oh....and was there something more that was supposed to go in your last post? It's a bit confusing.....:scratch:
 
Sorry for the above non messages. For some reason came back as audio and lost my message So here we go again. The pain I was having on the left side of my knee has now moved to right side directly across knee cap
Still waiting for approval from Workmans comp takes forever. Now my surgeons PA wants to do blood work even though may not be accurate due to last months shoulder replacement. I've been icing and elevating. But the funny thing is I have pains when I start walking and then maybe a half block later it feels better. The pain is exactly straight across and down from knee cap sort of a right angel from top of knee PA concerned that the pain seems disproportionate to what happened a month ago Not sure exactly what that means
Any suggestions until I get MRI. I've thought of using a knee brace since I have so many just for walking. Going to sea shore for a few days. Thinking of taking cane. Will be nice picture arm in sling other hand having cane. Oh boy what a sight!!
Again hope everyone is doing well
Hoping this is just a little inflammation from doing physical work
Thanks again for any advice
Has anyone else experienced this at about a year and a half out?
Thanks again. Hoping to have an answer soon in the meantime any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated
Wishing everyone peaceful healing
Susanne
❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Here's hoping you get some answers.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
And hopefully soon
❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
You will pal, sometimes life just isn't fair and it tends to pick on the same people many times. Just think eventually you will be OK and you can go to the security person at the detector thingmabob, take you pick pal........ Magga hugs

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all. The beaches here' are so beautiful very relaxing so far haven't been doing too much except walking to beach. The only problem I'm having is walking on sand so I use my chair to balance me out
One more day of paradise and then I'm on way home. Knee still hurting shoulder fine.
This is a pic of the sunsets from the docks. It's amazing
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hate to leave. This really is the best medicine
Hope everyone is feeling good. I'm just breathing in these sunsets
Amazing
Love susanne



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
That looks so good. All good things come to an end, well except the memories and future tales linkednto the memories.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well that was a waste of time
Went for MRI of my replaced knee and all they saw was a black blob
MRI over in 10 mins
Saw pt for shoulder therapy and said he'll do some work on my knee
Also said using electric tens wouldn't be a bad idea
Waiting til next week when dr comes in to see what else I can do
❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have heard MRI is a waste of time after TKR- your experience confirms it. Have you asked Josephine about this recent setback?
 
I told the tech it was my knee replacement knee that needed the MRI. He looked quite shocked said he really didn't think it would come out. Guess he was correct
Waiting for next move. Since I'm having pt on my shoulder and I've been going to the same group for each replacement he said he would check out and work out my knee
2 for the price of 1
Happy Labor Day
Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Drs office found another place that does MRIs with replacements. When I called to make appointment after telling her the saga I went thru her reply was do you have any metal in your body ?? Just can't win!!!
Going Friday will keep you all posted
Still hoping it's nothing
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Insert Eye Roll here. It must have been a routine question on her sheet she had to ask, but geeze.
 
I know !! How dumb can you get because they are one of the only places that do it!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom